Saturday, April 6, 2019

St. Patrick's Day is over, this year is already going by way too fast…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I rode the exercise cycle for about 15 minutes and it felt great! I'm starting to get another pressure sore and I really really hope it's not from the exercise cycle, I might have to just do five minutes a day for a while. I took Robby and we went for a cruise through depot park, over to the wharf, down the front of the boardwalk and back. After resting for a bit Dude and I went out for a cruise, pretty much the same cruise but we went all the way down to the end of the wharf and back and all the way through the boardwalk and back. It's still a little bit cold so it's nice to get back a little bit early and just lean back and watch TV with the heater turned up. Rosa came in and fed the gang and then put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia, Fred and I played cribbage for a couple of hours, my mom still isn't walking very good so she didn't play. I was pretty tired and fell asleep right after everyone left.












Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for half day because he has an appointment this afternoon. We cruised over to Scotts Valley to batteries plus to get a battery for my defib machine but they could not sell us a medical battery so I guess I'll just have to get it online. Then we cruised over to their little country store to get a couple of corned beef packages to freeze and stuff for sandwiches the next day. Then we went over to Palace arts to pick up some stuff to make calendars and lists, I'm going to try to get this place a little bit more organized. We came back home and cruised Robby and Dude over to see Dr. Logabthetti for Robbie's follow-up appointment, she said he looked great and he was doing much better. Cindy brought Robby back home and Dude and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. Rosa came in and talked Cindy into going over to Jack's burgers and getting us a couple of hamburgers and French fries, I had cabbage for breakfast which I probably shouldn't have had but it was so good. After she fed the crew we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I was so tired I went right to sleep after she left.






















Wednesday was another great day. Susan came in and fed the boys and gave me a nice long massage, I think because it's been so windy but I'm just sore all the time. Karen came in and fed the girl and then got me dressed and up in my chair, I wrote the exercise cycle for about 15 minutes… It always makes me feel really good to get that done. My computer crashed again the night before so the people that are redoing my security recommended an IT guy but they said was awesome. I called him and of course, he called me back right as we were getting me dressed but I needed to get it taken care of so Karen worked with him through the phone for a while. He tried everything he could think of and then told her how to reboot the whole system and said it would take a while to call him back and let him know either way. I just got outta here with enough time to cruise through downtown and over to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done. While I was cruising down there I got a text from Karen saying that the computer came back up and was working fine, I was so excited. I text Dan, the IT guy, and told him everything was working and thank you very much. After my appointment, I cruised back home and Rosa put me to bed after she fed the crew. I was so glad to have my computer back working I don't remember doing anything but soon I was out. My brother flew in from Oregon to take care of my mom after her fall, originally he was going to fly in and drive my mom and me to Oregon to stay for a week but we had to put that off until my mom is feeling better.

Thursday was another really nice day. Karen came in and fed the fuzzy crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Not doing personal care in the morning is bittersweet, I love getting up and out of here early but my body gets really worn out from doing personal care in the bed at night. Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park and over to the wharf and back. Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol, I haven't seen her for about a month so I had a lot to tell her. She usually comes downstairs and takes Dude upstairs because the elevator is too small, when I got in the elevator it lifted me up about 2 inches and then dropped back down… I don't know why I wanted to try it again but I did and it still did the same thing. We decided to cruise down the block and find some shade and just have our session there. After my session dude and I took off back through downtown, through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down through the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf again and then home. The weather has been so nice and I love being able to take both boys for a long cruise. Rosa came in and fed the boys and girl and then put me to bed and fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it is nice to have a hot bath and then go back to bed and rest for the rest of the evening.

Saturday was another really nice day. Karen came in and fed everyone and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I got a pressure sore so I'm not going to be able to ride my exercise cycle for a while until it goes away. Robby and I took off for a cruise, while we were cruising through Depot Park I heard somebody yelling my name and when I turned around to look I swore it was my nephew Robert but then I remember thinking it can't be because he's in Oregon. The guy started walking towards me and I realized who it was, Nathan who was my physical therapist when I hurt my shoulder trying to play table tennis. What a nice surprise, his brother and sister-in-law were down visiting from Tennessee and they were out for a jog. Nathan had never met Robby, when I went to physical therapy Dude went with me because Robby no longer had public access so he was thrilled he got to meet Robby… He had heard a lot about him. We cruised over to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk and back. Theresa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed. I have been really tired lately and I can't wait to get back into bed early and watch TV for the rest of the night.








 





 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and I decided to stay in bed. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude out to play some ball and then a little walk. Happy boys! Theresa came in early and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I love Saturday afternoons just relaxing! I was pretty tired so I went right to sleep.

Sunday was another good day.  Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then got me dressed enough in my chair. I wanted to get some better looking and better accessible furniture for outside since now I'm starting to have puppy play dates and more barbecues. I saw one at Costco that six chairs could roll up to comfortably and there's a fire pit in the middle, it's been so cold out most of the time everybody in the puppy play dates are cuddled around the fire. My aunt and uncle went down to Costco and picked up the one I picked out and it fits perfectly! I cruised around for a while back and forth between the wharf and the boardwalk and then watch the salsa dancers and then came home. Theresa put me to bed and I was out.



1 comment:

betty said...

Liked all the pictures, Tammie. I hope it warms up there for you soon. We are due to be 90 degrees today!

betty