Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Another day in paradise…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and after she fed the hungry furkids we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. On Mondays, for some reason, it's been taking a really long time and then after I take a bath it sometimes continues, today is one of those days. By the time we got done, I decided I might as well just stay in bed because I would only get to cruise around for a couple of hours and then I have to come home and go to bed, not really worth it. Rosa came in and fed everybody and vacuumed and did some laundry before she went home. My uncle and aunt, Claudia, Fred, my mom and I played cards. After the games were over I was really tired and fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was a great day, so nice to get up and around again. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed and into my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby so it was just Dude and die for the day, we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, down Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse Museum and then back home just in time to greet Robby and hang out with him in the driveway for a while before Rosa came in. She came in and fed the boys and the girl and then put me to bed and then fed me. She puttered around the house while I watch TV for a while and that's all I remember.

 Wednesday was another nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, it sure felt great! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby out for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times, he's doing better and better every day. Lisa came out from Santa Cruz Windows and gutters to see if they can figure out why there's a huge leak at the back door of the garage. She took some pictures and says it looks like it just needs an easy repair and they will come out in a week and clean the gutters and put me on a yearly maintenance program. Dude and I took off for cruise through depot park where I saw that beautiful smile of Rafael, that always makes my day! We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home to hang out in the driveway with Robby and practice some commands. I know I'm going to get a call at any time to bring Dude in to get re-certified so I want to make sure he passes. We cruised back home and hung out on the back porch until Rosa came in, she fed the Boys and Girl and then put me to bed and then fed me. She changed the sheets in the front bedroom and vacuumed and that's all I remember before I fell asleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everybody, got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I were off for our morning cruise around Depot Park and back. There have been a couple of geese hanging around Depot Park lately so I took a couple pictures of them.  The first day I saw them a lady was pushing her baby in the stroller and she turned around and walked the baby right up to them…  I wanted to scream "don't you know that geese will attack you??" But she probably would've looked at me a like I was crazy so I just watched from a safe distance. Dude and I took off through Neary Lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the Lighthouse Museum and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk where I ran into my friend Jimmy who paints practically everything on the boardwalk including the carousel horses. He said he was working on a new mural on the side of the arcade building… He sounded really excited about it and it sounds like it's going to be awesome!   of course, dude tried to run off with a couple of Jimmy's toys on his bike. We cruised back and home. We hung out in the yard for a while and practiced some commands until Rosa came in. She came in and fed the hungry crew, put me to bed and then fed me. I meditated for a while, listen to some music and then drifted off to sleep.


























































 Friday turned out to be a really good day. Karen came in and fed the dogs and cat that we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. Karen got me dressed in up in my chair and Robby and I was out of here for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down to the outside of the boardwalk and back. I kinda forgot he was supposed to take it easy because he just seems so happy to be out and he wasn't stiff or limping at all. We came back and rested for a bit and then it was time to take Dude out for a cruise. While I was on the wharf I could see a bunch of tents out by the lighthouse Museum on Westcliff so we decided to cruise down that way. It turned out to be like Kayak races but the kayaks were about half the size of the ones I usually see. It looks pretty awesome so we cruised around and took pictures for a while. On the way back I saw the paddle for good logo on one of the canopies and it looks like they were giving free CPR lessons. The guy that started this organization is a guy I went to middle and high school with, Max. I've seen him once here in Santa Cruz since high school and he recognized me and came over to say hello, of course, he looks exactly the same. He was on his very first date with his girlfriend when he collapsed and had a heart attack, luckily she was a doctor and she brought him back around… I love that story! It was getting warm and getting late so we cruised back home and Theresa was already here washing close. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. My Google photos got all mixed up so in turn my blogger got all messed up so I've been trying to work on it but by the end of the day, I'm just too exhausted. I fell asleep.









































Saturday was a very exciting day. My mom's cousin Michele was coming to visit for about a week, I'm so excited because I haven't seen her for about 12 years and from what I remember she was pretty cool. She got here and we decided to cruise over to the wharf even though she called her cousin Cindy, who I also haven't seen for 12 years, to come over and hang out with us. I didn't realize you live so close, just over the hill, and I wonder why we didn't see her more she was also very cool. The weather was perfect and everybody was so happy and nice, I think the ocean brings it out in people? We did a little bit of shopping and a little bit of wandering and catching up, it was really nice. My mom called and said that Cindy had arrived so we turned around and came back, we visited for a while until Theresa came in and then they all went upstairs to visit with my mom. Theresa fed the crew and then put me to bed, my mom ordered pizza so she didn't have to get me anything to eat. She just cleaned up and went home. I waited for a while but everybody was upstairs visiting and I fell asleep.

 Sunday was another great day. Cindy came in and for the guys and gal and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Michele and I cruised some more around the boardwalk and the wharf, another beautiful perfect day! She is still a lot of fun to hang out with, we had lunch at Alita's upstairs on the wharf and it was beautiful! They have the best salsa, we asked them if we could buy some and some chips for when we play cards on Monday evening. The lady came back with a huge bag of chips and a big container of salsa, so sweet! We brought it back and hung out for a little while longer until Theresa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. She left a little early so that my cousin and I can hang out a little bit more but she ended up staying upstairs and catching up with my mom and I fell asleep.




1 comment:

betty said...

I do always like your pictures Tammie! That was good that your friend was with a doctor when he had his heart attack!

Happy Easter!

betty