Monday, December 4, 2017

Thanksgiving is over, time to decorate for Christmas…

Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we get some personal care and of course a nice long hot relaxing bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby and he couldn't wait to get out of here and spend time with his friends, he has so much fun with them. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and Dude and I practiced some commands in the driveway before we left, I always intend on doing it when we get back but I never do so going to start doing it in the morning before we leave… He did great! We cruised down Westcliff Drive, my Google glass was working so I wanted to get some pictures but of course, we got to Westcliff Drive a quick parking, I can't wait to get my new Google Glass. It was a gorgeous day in the clouds and waves were awesome! I try to find some shade to tilt back for a while, I didn't want to leave. On the way back I heard somebody say "hi, I served you a salad when you came into the restaurant where I work" a couple of weeks ago we went to visit a family friend in Los Gatos and we stopped at a restaurant called Steamers to have lunch, the food was really awesome and everybody was really nice. I talked to him for a while, his name was Jordan and he lives in Scotts Valley and obviously works in Los Gatos, he comes to Santa Cruz to jog along Westcliff Drive… Hopefully, I will see him again. I cruised home and talk to my niece Melissa through text for a little bit, for coming to visit on the 17th and I'm so excited! We decided we're going to go on the holiday train, I was invited to go last year and it was amazing!  She sent me a picture of their adorable dog Douglas, unfortunately, he can't come when they visit because they are flying. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage, by the end of two games we were all exhausted and after they went home I watched TV for a while and I fell asleep.





















 Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me up in my chair. I needed to go in and get a glycohemoglobin test but when we got there the place was PACKED, we were going to wait but then they changed the wait time from 15 minutes to half an hour so I decided I would come back another day… Luckily it is not a fasting test and hopefully, I can just go down there by myself. We went to Staff of Life to get some more soup and some tortillas, I've been in a soup mood lately. I was so excited to find that they had my new favorite soup, artichoke, and fennel. We got it last Tuesday but when we went Saturday it wasn't there so I guess it must be a Tuesday thing, we took the last of it and a couple people went by and were kind of angry but I'm glad I got it. Cindy dropped me off at the wharf and I couldn't get Dude to go potty so I figured I cruise over towards the boardwalk and guess what?? Right on the sidewalk, this is getting very embarrassing and frustrating… The CCI trainers are working with me so I hope this gets resolved soon. The last couple of days I've taken both dogs out but not in public and then brought them home and went by myself to the wharf into the boardwalk. It was getting cold and my left shoulder is starting to hurt again so we just cruised home and after I warmed up hung out in the driveway with the boys for a while. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed and after watching television for a while I finally drifted off.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and fed the gang and gave me a really nice long massage, I needed it so bad and it felt so good. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice relaxing long hot bath before I got up, I felt so much better. I start feeling really anxious and frustrated and then I realize it's that time of the month, I thought I was through with that but I seem to still get the emotional part of it… By the time I realized what it is I feel much better and it's gone. I took Dude for a cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive to the second dog park, it was such a beautiful day I just tilted back for a while and enjoyed the calming waves and the beautiful view… I sure wish I had my Google Glass! We cruised back and I dropped Dude off and got Robby and we went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the wharf, down to the boardwalk and then home. Rosa came in and fed the boys and the girl while I exercised on the FES exercycle, it felt really good to not have the pain on my shoulder and be able to exercise! Rosa put me to bed and I had some soup, some cucumbers and little heirloom tomatoes for dinner. I watched TV for a while, listen to music for a while and then fell asleep listening to an audiobook called how to talk to anyone… I hope it works! My cousin Debbie's husband Steve messaged me so I talked to him for a while, they sure are an awesome family… All of them!

Thursday was an okay day. I've been really cranky and frustrated all week so I'll be glad when this week is over, no matter what I'm going to have a good week next week. I think it's that time of the month, I still get bloated and cranky although thank goodness I don't have the minstrel part… I know TMI! Karen came in and got me up after she fed everybody and the Woofpack came to get Robby. Dude and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach and back, down to the end of the wharf and home. It was getting a little cold and I like to be there when Robby gets back so he and Dude can run around in the driveway for a while before Rosa comes in. Rosa fed everybody and then put me to bed and I fell asleep pretty quick, I don't remember Rosa leaving.

Friday was a pretty good day. My new Google Glass got here but unfortunately, I need to charge them all day and all night for them to be ready in the morning. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and back and then home to let him rest for a while and grab Dude for a cruise back through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back where he ran into Kevin the security officer who told me that today was his last day, I've gotten to know him a little bit and I'm going to miss him… He's such a sweet and caring man. We cruised outside the boardwalk to the end and then back and then came home, it's getting to be too cold to be outside all day. Theresa was here and ready to feed the dogs and the Cat and put me to bed, I had some soup, cucumbers and little heirloom cherry tomatoes and watch TV for a little bit before I fell asleep. Since it's warm and trying to eat more soup and veggies, I found some vegan chocolate tapioca pudding that's pretty good so I had some of that also. I want some drama on TV for a while and then went to sleep.

Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came to get Robby, he's always so excited to go and hang out with them. After she got me up I took dude and headed out with my newly paired Google Glass, I was so excited to go take pictures with my new glass. We cruised through Depot Park and over to the wharf, I didn't go down to the end of the wharf but first back up to Westcliff Drive and almost down to the end… I forgot how awesome it was to be able to take pictures again and not have to wink several times, I didn't realize how frustrating it was to not have my Google Glass working. We cruise down to the end of the wharf and then back home, I couldn't wait to plug them in and see how awesome the pictures are. Theresa was here doing the laundry and for some reason, I could get the TV to work, after trying for about half an hour I texted Karen to see if she was home and thank goodness she was… She came in and had it working under five seconds.heresa fed the gang and put me to bed and I watched TV for a while and edited by pictures on Google before I drifted off to sleep.









































































Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the gang and I took Robby out for a cruise through the lagoon to see the progress and try to figure out what they are doing between the lagoon and the tennis courts… I have no clue.  Omar came in and started decorating for Christmas, it already looks so beautiful! We cruised down Westcliff Drive and Robbie did really good, two dogs walked right in front of us and he didn't bark… I think hanging out with the Woofpack is really good for him. I came back to get Dude and we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home… It was getting really cold! Theresa came in and put me to bed and fed the boys. I ate dinner and then I was out, so excited to get up tomorrow and cruise with Google glass again.



































1 comment:

betty said...

Christmas decorations are looking great!! So festive!! I like the pictures you took with your new Google Glass!

betty