Tuesday, December 19, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

Monday was another great day. Karen came in and after she fed everybody we did some personal care and a nice long hot essential oil bath, I always feel so great after! The Woofpack came and got Robby, when West got here to pick up Robby we were taking Christmas pictures of the dude and Robby so we had his Santa coat, red ls and a Santa hat on so we told her she could take it off if she wanted and she said no she wanted to leave it on all day… She is so cute! Since Robby has his Santa suit dude and I took off for a cruise to pet smart to get him an elf costume, he already has green bells. I didn't see anything I liked and then I remembered that my glasses are being repaired so I can't really see anything in, they did have an elf sweater but I didn't like it so I'll just look on Amazon… That's what I should've done in the first place. We cruised down to the wharf, it was just too beautiful to go home and sit and watch TV… I'm always amazed at how beautiful Santa Cruz really is. I'm glad we went out to the wharf because the sunset was amazing!! I took way too many pictures but I just couldn't stop myself. I got the 10-minute warning from Rosa so we cruised back home and she fed the animals and put me to bed, we were supposed to play cards tonight but Claudia couldn't make it and it was kind of late so we decided not to so I just watched TV and relaxed until he fell asleep.












































 Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and they got me up and in my chair. I had an appointment with Dr. Slezak so Cindy drove me over there so she could take notes, I swear this guy is so knowledgeable about so many things he just amazes me. He put me on a couple of new homeopathic medications. After the appointment, we cruised over to whole foods supermarket to do some grocery shopping, I really love this place! We cruised home and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park an down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse/museum. I saw this lady who had this segway machine following her and when I looked over and it looked like it was tipped over in the cactus, my first thought was "a kid must've been writing it and fell off" she turned around and pulled it out of the cactus and thankfully there was no one on it… It just tipped over. I had never seen anything like this, it just followed her across the street and then she put it in her car. At some point I'm sure I will see a bunch more of these around, it was pretty cool! We cruised down to the lighthouse and then cruised back home and I dropped off Robby and got Dude and we cruised through the boardwalk, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. My uncle and aunt came over to play cribbage with my mom and me, I was falling asleep by the end of the third game.










































Wednesday was a little colder than it has been. Karen came in and got me up and Kent from Bailey's grooming service came to groom the dogs and since they were done I went to my appointment with Jennifer at simply skin by myself, I always feel so fresh and clean after I get my face flexed and my facial. I came back home and got Robby and took him for a cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse and back. Dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and then over to the boardwalk, I wanted to go back down to the end of the worth again but it was just too cold so I decided to just come home and turn the heater up. I tried tilting back in the sun a couple of times but it just wasn't strong enough to warm me up. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was asleep before she left.

Thursday was a pretty miserable day. Karen came in and got me up and for some reason that day I was super bloated, my head hurt, my neck and shoulders were sore and my chair is rocking back and forth like crazy… I would've stayed in bed but I had an appointment to get my hair done and I didn't want to miss that. The Woofpack came and got Robby and since Karen got me up so early, I think I was up by 9 AM, Dude and I went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then cruised through downtown. Before I got to my appointment with Jessica my stomach to calm down a little bit but I still didn't feel very good. After my appointment we cruised back down to the wharf but I just rested for a bit and then went home, while Jessica was doing my hair I couldn't keep my eyes open but of course when I got home I couldn't take a nap so I just watched TV until Rosa came to feed everybody and put me to bed. I took a couple of PMs and a couple of gabapentin and after I ate I was out, I hope I feel better tomorrow. I was thinking on my way home and last night for dinner I had a cornbread muffin which probably had eggs in it and to artichoke hearts with lots of mayonnaise, I think mayonnaise is basically eggs and sugar so no wonder? I never had to think about what I ain't and now I just can't believe how many things have eggs in it.

Friday was a much better day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and then a nice long hot essential oil bath, always makes me feel so much better. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park where I saw Rafael, he is so handsome. We cruised down Westcliff Drive to the indicator and then back down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and then home. I rested for a bit and then Dude and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf, I was so glad I didn't have to worry because Dude pooped on the grass by the Salvation Army. If after I leave I can't get Dude to poop I'm really nervous the whole cruise waiting for the poop to drop. We ran into Carol, she works at the Woody's CafĂ©, Dude just loves her, she is so funny! We cruised on down to the end of the wharf but it was getting really cold so I decided to just come home, on the way back down the wharf we ran into Al, I see him cruising up and down the wharf all the time… He works there. We cruised back home and I was going to let the boys play in the yard for a while but it was just too cold so I watched TV until Theresa came in. She fed the crew and put me to bed and then made me a killer dinner, abalone, cucumbers, heirloom cherry tomatoes, avocado and some peppermint tea. I was still a little sore so I had some medical chocolate and went right to sleep. My mom went with my uncle, my aunt, and Jan over to play cribbage at Claudia's house.

Saturday was a good day! Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me up. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Cindy and I took Dude over to pet smart to get an elf costume and have his picture taken with Santa, we got an elf sweater and a reindeer costume for him so he wore the reindeer costume for his picture with Santa. We cruised around for a while, I had been shopping for so long and it was so much fun. I ran into Janice, the dog trainer that works there that helped me out with Robby is always really nice to see her. We decided to cruise over to the world market to see what they had, they always have such awesome stuff. I bought way more than I intended on but I just love that place, luckily I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see very much. We cruised back home and I was going to take Dude down to the wharf, I just love to end my day before I go home feeling at the beautiful view of the wharf. It was so windy my eyes are watering and my nose was running so I decided to just stay home. While we were in line at the world market I started getting really overheated and I wasn't sure if it was hot flashes or an anxiety attack but I just wanted to get out of, unfortunately, the line was really long so I had to wait. By the time I got home I had a little meltdown. While we were at pet Smart Dude was not behaving at all and Cindy wasn't correcting so my anxiety just got worse. I came home and he still wasn't listening to me, there were a lot of distractions here with Cindy, Teresa, Omar and my mom so I tried to take him outside to get him to settle down and pay attention to me. I really need to start diligently working with him, at night I swear I'm going to do it in the morning and then in the morning I just want to get out of here so I swear I'm going to do it at night and I never do. Somebody told me "nothing changes until you change it" I'm good at procrastinating and using other people and things as excuses and I'm really going to try my hardest to not do that anymore. While I was outside Yukio brought Robby back from their cruise so I decided to just take a lorazepam and go to bed, even though it was only 3 PM… It was too windy to go anywhere or do anything anyway. Omar built a really awesome rolling container for my tables and chairs, it looks amazing! Theresa put me to bed and Jan came over to visit for a while. I ate dinner, salmon, asparagus, cucumbers, tomato, and avocados. I took a little nap and then my uncle, my aunt, my mom, and Jan played cribbage for a while. I listen to a book on tape called the end of Alzheimer's, Jan was telling me about it and it sounded pretty awesome. Before I knew it I was out, audiobooks and music usually put me to sleep faster.
















Sunday was a really fun day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me up. My uncle, my aunt, Jan, Luana, Melia and I cruised down to the Bagelry to get a bagel… That is their regular routine when the girls are visiting but usually, I'm not up in time. I had an oatmeal and date bagel with guacamole on half and light cream cheese, capers and tomatoes on the other half and chai tea. They have a really beautiful garden out back where you can sit, there are tables and chairs and a fence surrounding it that has ivy climbing all over… It's really a calming and beautiful place. While we were sitting there I got a text from Melissa saying that they were on their way and they would be there in about an hour, Stanley, Janet, Robert, McKenzie, David, and Melissa were coming down for a couple of days to have Christmas because they're going to Oregon for Christmas. We cruised back home and I rested for a bit when my family got your they were all exhausted and wanted to take a nap so my aunt, Jan and I took the girls down to the boardwalk to take some pictures and go ice-skating. When we got there they had snow shooting out from the sides of the building at the entrance, it looked so beautiful and it felt like real snow. The lady said that shut out every hour on the hour. We took some pictures and then went to get some tickets for the girls to ice skate but it was going to be a couple hour wait so we decided to just come back home. Ellen and Cooper were here when we got back, Ellen is my aunts best friend and Jan's cousin. My aunt and uncle had to take the girls to meet my cousin Rich for dinner in Scotts Valley. Janet and Stanley had cooked a really nice dinner, ham, tri-tip, cheesy potatoes, three kinds of salad including Jell-O salad and Hawaiian roles… It was awesome! Theresa came in and put me to bed and everybody came over and we played cribbage, it was so nice! By the time everybody left I was exhausted and fell right to sleep.




























1 comment:

betty said...

Your house looks great all decorated Tammie! So very festive!! Sounded like a relatively good week with time spent with loved ones in early celebration of Christmas! Merry Christmas! I hope its a great day for you and yours!

betty