Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taking down the Christmas decorations...


Monday turned out to be a beautiful day. Corinne and I went to the movies to see little Fockers, it was really funny. We came back and the house smelled wonderful, Heather was here... it’s like having Santa Claus come to your house almost daily. After Cassy put me to bed we watched the notebook, I love that movie but it always makes me cry. The more I hang out with Corinne the more I enjoy her company. I never had kids and I never really wanted to be around them, although your nieces and nephews are different. The older she gets the more fun she is, she is a funny girl.

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment and on the way over it on the way back we just barely missed the rain but I was finally able to give Robby a good workout. We haven’t been working on our commands as diligently as we did before and I feel bad about that but we’re going to start tomorrow and get back into the groove. We ordered pizza and it was awesome, I haven’t had pizza for a very long time.

On Wednesday I decided to take Robby for a really long cruise because it was such a beautiful day. We went to the end of the wharf, through the boardwalk, down the Levy to pet Smart and then back through town. After I got back I went up to Dr. Owen’s office to get my Depo-Provera shot.

Thursday Corinne and I went to Mobos and had some awesome sushi. We both had a California roll that was covered with tempura shrimp and flying fish eggs. I came back and got ready to take a nice long hot bath but my lift did not work. It worked when we put me from the chair to the bed but then we went to put me from the bed to the bathtub it would not work.

Friday I ended up staying in bed and waiting for the guy to come and fix my lift. It is very frustrating when the lift doesn’t work because I cannot do ANYTHING. Even though it was New Year’s Eve day he came by and was very glad to do it. He has a son who is a quadriplegic and understands the importance of being able to use your lift. Apparently it just wasn’t getting charged enough and he said that we need to take better care in making sure that it’s docked in the proper place to be charged. He is such a nice guy and I always enjoy catching up with him, too bad that it always unfortunately happens when my equipment breaks down... he lives just down the street.


Saturday it pretty much rained all day so I decided to stay in bed. I took a nice long hot bath and then went to bed and watched movies, it actually felt great and the day went by really fast. I can’t believe another year has gone by.

‎"I can't think of anything that brings me closer to tears than when my old dog -- completely exhausted after a hard day in the field -- limps away from her nice spot in front of the fire and comes over to where I'm sitting and puts her head in my lap, a paw over my knee, and closes her eyes and goes back to sleep. I don't know what I've done to deserve that kind of friend."
-- dog quote by Gene Hill

Sunday we decided to skip puppy play date, it was raining off and on and everything was muddy. We still haven’t got to meet Ozzy, Bellas new roommate. They are trying him out for a week to see how they get along and it looks like they get along great from the pictures I have seen on face book. Teresa, Heather and I went to bed Bath and beyond to do a little shopping, I love shopping. After that we went over to new leaf market to pick out a few things for Heather to cook for me in the next few days. It was only my second time being there and everything looked incredible, no wonder that is her favorite place to go. We came home and started putting the Christmas decorations away for another year.

1 comment:

betty said...

I did hear that movie was cute, Tammie. We'll have to see it soon. That was nice of the guy to come and fix your lift, but of course, he would know the significance of it getting fixed and what it would do to one's independence if it didn't get fixed. Sounds like all is going great! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

betty