Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Headlight and tail lights on my chair...

Monday was massage Day. After my massage I took a nice long hot bath and then went back to bed. I didn’t have time to get up because Daniel was coming over today to fix my wheelchair, the parts had been on order for a while so I was finally glad to get that done. The sidewalks and streets around here are so uneven but everything seems to get loose a lot faster on my chair. He tightened up a bunch of stuff and replaced a bunch of stuff that had fallen off and hopefully I’m back in business.

Tuesday I FINALLY got to keep my appointment to get my hair dyed, I keep having problems with my head rest so I kept having to cancel it. Samantha did it today and she did a really good job, I love it. I also got a manicure and pedicure, it always makes you feel really good. I came home and Heather was cooking, it smelled so good in here. She made lamb sausages with cannelloni beans, sautéed brussels sprouts and shoestring roasted potatoes... needless to say it was AWESOME. What a great day.

Wednesday was another beautiful day outside. Robby and I did a lot of practicing our commands, he acts really silly sometimes and it’s hard not to laugh but I have to be strong and make him do what he supposed to do. I met Cassy over at a Mobos for sushi and her mom and Jack joined us. Aki was on a radio show this morning promoting their training and she was really good, she didn’t seem nervous at all. They teach all forms of CPR and life-saving classes. We had a really nice lunch, sushi is always good. After lunch Cassy and I went to see the Black Swan. I had heard a lot of things about it but everyone that saw it seemed to like it, Cassy and I were not very impressed. For some reason Robby just could not keep still. The theater was very small and the place that they had assigned for wheelchairs was really close to the screen, about the third row, so we decided to sit up towards the top and I just kind of sat in the aisle. A couple of minutes after we got settled a lady that was sitting a couple chairs away got up and said “I have to move because I’m allergic to dogs” I felt really bad and I apologize, she said there was no problem but I still felt guilty. Throughout the whole movie I could hear Robby’s tags on his collar and he just could not sit still, I don’t know if he was more anxious than usual or just because I already feel guilty making a lady move but I just heard every little sound. At least we had a really nice lunch and visit.

‎"Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them" 
— John Grogan

Thursday was yet another gorgeous day so Robby and I just went out for a really long cruise. It has been a long time since we have cruised along the wharf, the boardwalk, the Levy and back through town and it felt great. Unfortunately we had to come back because Robby had an appointment at the vet. His left ear has been really dirty and smelly, luckily he hasn’t been scratching it a lot or shaking his head. The vet said we came in just in time so he washed it out and and gave me some antihistamines for him just in case. I came back home and Cassy brought me some dim sum and it was AWESOME. Now relaxing in bed and watching movies.

Friday we went over to the Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility, I missed the last two weeks and it was really nice to see everyone again. It was a memorial for somebody who had passed away but it was very uplifting and everybody sang songs and said prayers. After that we went grocery shopping and then back home to do this standing frame, it had been about a week since I was able to get on the standing frame and it felt good.

Saturday Cassy, Heather and I went to eat at a place that I had never been before downtown called Aqua Blue, I had heard good things about it and the food was pretty good... I had a garlic steak bento box and it was awesome. After that we went to see a fighter, I knew it was good to be a good movie and I was not disappointed. I’m not sure that Heather really wanted to go see it but she enjoyed it. I came home and Teresa and Karen cleaned out a big portion of the garage, it looked awesome... the garage seems to be a work in progress.

Sunday was puppy play date. It’s always so much fun to watch the dogs play. I’m having a problem with Robby coming back to me when I tell him to so I’m afraid that if he doesn’t start minding me I’m going to have to quit going, that would be awful. I’m also having a problem with people giving him treats, especially when they throw it in the air and it lands on the ground... he cannot eat stuff off the ground. I’m also wondering if it’s a bad idea taking him to the Santa Cruz killed nursing facility, that would also be awful if I couldn’t take him there.

No comments: