Friday, July 2, 2021

Time to purge and get things organized…

 Monday was a great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Today was our CCI puppy play date at the animal shelter; it was pretty warm, so we decided to grab one of the canopies from the garage, and it's a good thing we did because it was pretty warm. We were the first people there, it's so nice that they coned off some of the parking spaces for us… Everybody, there has been so nice and accommodating. Likely there were enough people there to help set up the canopy; it's still new, so the puppies more or less just wandered around and sniffed… Hopefully, they will be comfortable enough to run around and play like they do here in the next couple of playdates. We had to leave early because I had an appointment, I felt awful, but everybody else was getting ready to leave. After my appointment, I came back and rested for a bit, and then Dude and I went for a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back. We rested for a bit before Adriana came in to feed the hungry pooch, and then she took us to Safeway to pick up some prescriptions and do a little grocery shopping. We came back home, and then she put me to bed, did a couple loads of laundry, helped me with my caregiver search, and then went home. I edited and posted the puppy play date pictures and then watched TV until I fell asleep.












































 Tuesday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I didn't have any appointments today for once, I usually always have at least one appointment on Tuesday, but today is all mine. I saw my brother Stanley leave to go for a walk, so I tried to catch up to him, but when I ran around the corner I couldn't see him, he's quick. I decided to go through the lagoon, and when I turned the corner for the lagoon, I saw the motorhome with the dog sleeping underneath it, so I knew the goats must be there; the guy parks off the side of the street to keep an eye on the goats and he had his herding dog with him. I started down the boardwalk at the lagoon, and I could see Stanley taking a video, so I tried to hurry and catch up with which made a lot of noise, and the goat started scattering; I remember seeing those videos of goats getting scared and then getting really stiff and falling over, and I didn't want to make them do that. Still, my chair is just loud on the wood slats, and it just takes a couple minutes, and they recover and get back up again. Even though he had his headphones on, he could hear me coming up from behind, so he moved to get out of the way, not knowing it was me, and then he said: "I just sent you a video message." I'm so glad that I didn't miss seeing the goats, one year, they had sheep instead of goats, and I was kind of disappointed… Goats are so much cuter. We cruised through the lagoon and crossed at Bay and California, then cruise down the rail trail until it ended; we turned down Delaware and cruised for a while longer until we got to the back of natural bridges state Park, we passed the butterfly habitat and the museum and headed up to Natural Bridges State Beach… It was so beautiful so we just stopped for a while and watch the ocean and I took some pictures. We cruised down Westcliff Drive stopping to just look out over the ocean and take a lot of pictures, it's been a really long time since I have been down Westcliff Drive that far, and I don't know why… When I got Robby, we did it just about every day, I need to start coming up here more with Dude, but it seems like it's either too cold or too hot. When we got to the Lighthouse, I noticed that the batteries on my chair were getting really low; it's been a very long time since I've gone this far. We stopped at the lighthouse, and I called Adriana to see if she would come and pick us up; she picked us up and drove us back home. She fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, and then put me to bed. Stanley and I watched a documentary called a Rumble, the Indians that rocked the world… It was a story of how Native American influence shaped rock and roll; it was so good I actually stayed awake for the whole thing; usually, I fall asleep for the first five or 10 minutes. Towards the end of the documentary, I fell asleep, so after Stanley left, I just closed my eyes, and I was out.

















































 Wednesday was another great day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage; I don't know if the days are getting warmer, but my pinched nerve is not hurting near as much as it did before, and I haven't taken a gabapentin team for probably a couple of weeks. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath; I've been drinking a lot more water, and I don't eat anything but what Heather has brought for a while now, and I feel great… The program is going a lot smoother. I'm still having major problems with my bladder leaking, and I don't know if my bladder is getting smaller or if it's because I'm drinking so much water now; I hate to quit drinking water and so much because I think it's helping everything… I never know from day to day if I'm going to wake up so or at the end of the day if my depends will be soaked, and I started to get surface sores on my butt again. I wanted to try Botox because I heard that it stops leaking, but they wanted me to try medications first, so I did, and now I'm tired all the time from the medication; it's nice to be sleeping so much, but it's kinda getting ridiculous. Plus, I'm getting a lot more granulomas around my site. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair, and I still have a few hours to cruise around before Adriana comes in; dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back; there's an apartment complex that we always stop at on the way to the wharf, and they always have big tall sunflowers growing randomly in the front… I think the birds just fly by with sunflower seeds and drop them, and they just sprout. Right before the war if I stopped at my favorite place to take pictures on Cowells Beach where I saw an empty manual wheelchair, so of course, I took a picture; it always looks like somebody went down the ramp as far as they could and then got up and walked through the sea into the ocean… It just feels so liberating to see that. A while ago, I saw this really tiny VW bus from England, and I took a bunch of pictures, but now I see it all the time, part in the same place on the wharf, the kid that owns it must work at one of the restaurants. We cruised on back home Because I had an appointment with an organizer, she's a friend of Susan's, my whole house is starting to be so cluttered that it really bothers me and mostly I'm finding out that I'm allergic to dust and with the clutter comes a lot of dust. I rested for a bit until Adriana came in; she fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up, and then went home. I went through all the websites that I signed up for looking for a new caregiver. Still, of course, nobody is looking unless they're just looking for a reference for their unemployment; I'm not getting any applications at all. The applications that I am getting never follow through because there are trying to prove to unemployment that they're looking for a job. I wonder what they're going to do when unemployment starts cracking down and taking away part of their pay to stay home? I bet I'm going to get a lot more applications, but it's going to be people who are pissed off that they have to go back to work? I've never had this difficulty finding a caregiver, although I know it happens to everybody. I watched a little bit of TV and then fell asleep.





















 Thursday was a restful day. Karen came in and fed the hungry corndog and then fed me. Since I lost my Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening caregiver, I haven't been able to get anyone to fill in, so I'm just going to have to stay in bed until I can find someone else… At least I have three days to cruise around, and I hope it doesn't take long to find another caregiver. People keep telling me that since his pandemic is over, nobody really wants to work; they just want to stay home and collect unemployment, so it's going to be harder. I've always had good luck finding caregivers pretty fast, but I have people who recommend other people, so that helps. I put an ad on Craigslist, indeed, and care.com, and I do get inquiries, but after I send up an interview, whether on the phone or in-person, the people don't show up, and when I try to contact them again, they always have an excuse. I hope it doesn't take too long for me to find someone else because this really sucks; at first, I couldn't stay out very long because it was too hot, and now that it's cool down a little, I'm stuck in bed all but three days. Luckily Karen agreed to come back and feed Dude and me. It's a good thing that my brother Stanley is here because he goes for about a 5-mile walk every day and takes Dude, and he will feed me and hang out for a little bit. Maybe this is a good time to catch up on my blog? I watch TV for most of the evening until I fell asleep.





 Friday was another long boring day in bed. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead and then fed me; we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed, fed me lunch, cleaned up, and then left for the day. I spent the rest of the day playing games on the computer, listening to music, editing pictures, and trying to catch up on my blog. Stanley came down and took Dude for a nice long walk; I'm so glad he is here… He also comes down a couple times a day to see if I need anything and get me some decaf coffee and a snack. He came down at 4 PM and fed the hungry pooch and then came down to get me something to eat. I have the best brothers, and they are both excellent cooks, he also asked me what I have a hankering for, and I like that! I dozed on and off and then eventually fell asleep watching TV.





 Saturday was yet another day in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then went out to straighten up the garage… I love how she always just find something to do and doesn't just go home when she finds out I'm not getting up.  Stanley came down and took Dude for a nice long walk. Omar came in and fixed some scratches on my mom's car and did a couple of other things before leaving. A week from Monday, he's going back to Mexico, and I think he's going to be gone several weeks, so I'm trying to remember what really needs to be done, but my memory sucks. They both went home, and for the rest of the day, I did the same thing as I have been, watching TV, playing games, listening to music, catching up on my blog, and look for potential caregivers, but there's nothing… I'm getting closer to catching up on my blog. My brother came down, and fed Dude fed me and then later came down to lock Dude up in his kennel. The rest of the evening was just more playing games on the computer and watching TV until I get sleepy enough to fall asleep.

 Sunday was another long boring day in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then water the plants outside. She did some laundry, straightened everything up and wiped everything down, and then went home. My brother came down and took Dude out for a nice long walk; they both look exhausted when they come back.  Karen came in at noon, and we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath; I can't wait to get some rest and get up in the morning and just go. I found some old pictures of me when I used to have my hair done at home; I was a lot skinnier than, and where are all my wrinkles? I was always amazed that I didn't have many wrinkles, and now I see them everywhere; once I started aging, I started aging quickly, and I don't like it. Today was my cousin's son's birthday; I think that makes him my second cousin? They are such awesome siblings, they really just adore each other, and they get along so well… I think they are best friends and it shows! I'm not surprised because my cousin and her husband are the best parents I think I've ever met in my life! My cousin and her husband are also the best of friends, the best example in the world! Together they are just a lovable, generous, talented family… I feel so lucky to be related to them! My cousin Rich, the one Omar refinished the bench for, sent me a video of where he was going to put the bench and what would be around it… It's going to look so awesome where he put it, and from his view, up on the hill, it's even better; he says that now he can go out and have a conversation with his little brother whenever he wants. I can't wait to go up there and see it in person. I started watching TV, and it didn't take me very long to fall asleep.













No comments: