Monday, July 5, 2021

This week hopefully I find out why am having bladder problems…

 Monday was a really great day! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressing up in my chair. It's so nice to be up early, and I'm glad that I have some time to cruise around, but unfortunately, I have to be back at 1 PM; my organizers will work with me today to get my house purged and organized, and I'm so excited! I had heard that there were a bunch of painted picture frames around Santa Cruz, and I remember seeing some on Westcliff, so I decided to take Dude and cruise around and take pictures; unfortunately; for some reason, my camera wasn't working, but I decided to cruise down that way anyway hoping that all of a sudden it will start working magic… It did not. I texted my brother to see if he wanted to cruise with us, but he didn't answer, so I told him where we were going and told him to text me if he decides to go. We cruise down to about the lighthouse, and it was time to turn around and come back for my appointment; as we were cutting through the parking lot, we ran into Stanley, so I came on home, and he took Dude out for a long walk, and I came on home. I rested for a bit, and then I saw Andrea coming down the driveway, so I sat up. We decided to start in my bathroom because I think that is where the most clutter and dust are. They had a big round fold up table that we use in here when we play cribbage, so she laid that out and started bringing the shoes in one by one; on first glance, I said right away keep or get rid of it, and after we went through all of them when she went to put them back in the cupboard she asked me one final time. I got rid of a couple more, I did get rid of five boxes of shoes, and some weren't even worn… I was pretty proud of myself, and I didn't have a second thought about any of them. I hope the rest of my place goes like that; I am really ready to get rid of a lot of stuff that I don't think I will ever use. Towards the end of the session, my throat started feeling really tight, and I was getting a headache across the middle of my four heads; my guess would be because of the test. I turned on the fan and the humidifier hoping that would clear it up, but it didn't; when Adriana came in, I took some Benadryl and bowed out of playing cribbage because my head was hurting worse. Adriana fed the hungry hound, fed me, washed a couple of loads of laundry, decorated for Fourth of July, and then went home for the evening. I watched TV for a little while and then fell asleep.
















 Tuesday turned out to be a hectic day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hippo, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Again the last couple of nights and mornings, I was soaked; this is getting so frustrating. I called my new urologist, and the receptionist told me I wouldn't get an appointment until August 17th; I told her I had an SP tube. It looked pretty infected, and we tried to burn off the granuloma a couple of times, but I still just leaked like crazy. The nurse asked me to hold on for a minute and then came back and asked if we could come in at 3 PM; I said yes immediately. Whatever it takes and whatever we have to do, we will be there. Stanley took Dude out for a nice long walk, and while they were out, they found some of the picture frames and took pictures. I went to see Jennifer, my aesthetician, and she did the cleaning, waxing, digging out flaws, and then toning… I still flinch a lot during the waxing because I don't know when it will come, but I'm starting to get used to it; I usually take a little nap until she's over during the toning. We cruised over to Safeway, picked up my prescriptions, and then cruised over to my appointment with Dr. Rosen, my urologist; she said that the nurse would see us, but I was thrilled to see Dr. Rosen. He took one look at the site and shook his hand a little bit, and said whoever has been changing my two has been missing my bladder, they made a little pocket in between my bladder and the skin on my stomach, and that's why I'm leaking all over the place… Two things can happen, one is my urine can backup and my kidneys and gives me a kidney infection, and the other is that it leaks into my body, and he didn't really tell me what kind of problems that can cause, but it didn't sound good. I told him my caregiver has been changing my SP tube for about 10 years. He strongly suggested that I come into the office and get it to change, he asked me how often we changed it, and I told him we usually change it every three months, but lately, we've had to change it every 10 days… He said they usually change the SP tubes every six months, so I will have it changed at the office from now on. I definitely don't want to go through this again. I think the doctor and the nurse profusely, and we were out of there. We both felt a little bit like we just got called into the principal's office, but he really did make an impression, so we will never do that again. We came home, and I rested for a bit, and Adriana came in to feed the hungry heifer, put me to bed, and then fed me. I wanted to go to t Safeway and pick up some prescriptions and do a little bit of shopping, but it looks like both of us were just exhausted so Adriana, washed a couple of loads of laundry and put some away, wiped everything down, and then went home. I relaxed and watched TV until my eyes closed and I was out.




 Wednesday was a perfect day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing cannabis massage; I just love the smell! Karen came in, and we did some personal care under a nice long hot relaxing bath. I'm so excited that I get to be up today; I am ready for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back; there's a clearing where they tore down one of the restaurants, and the seagulls have a bunch of nests, and there some babies cruising around. Down a little further, we found one of the frames that they made to promote the museum of art and history… It's really cool cruising around town and saying them all over. I really love it when they do stuff like that around Santa Cruz, and everybody gets so excited. It's enjoyable watching the kids because they been locked up for so long they're so happy to be out and running around in the sunshine. See many people taking pictures with the picture frame, and I'm sure there's a hashtag to find all the pictures; I'll have to look it up and see. We cruised on down to the end of the boardwalk and back; it's only the beginning of summer and did so crowded and hot I hope that it cools down. We cruised on back home, and I tilted back and watch TV for a while until Adriana came in; she fed the hungry pooch took us down to Safeway to get some stuff for salads and some fruit. She bought us home, put me to bed, cleaned everything up, help me look at a couple of potential resumes… We set up a couple of interviews that never happened. This is getting really frustrating! I have NEVER had this many problems trying to find a caregiver; this means another four days in bed… I'm getting really tired of it. She took off, and I watched TV for a couple of hours until I fell asleep.































 Thursday was another boring day in bed. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then went home for the day. Before she left, she asked me if I wanted her to come back at 4 PM and do some personal care and a nice long hot bath; I was so glad that she asked because I thought it would be until Wednesday when I have another program. I had a much better day, and it was more relaxing; there just still isn't anybody that wants to work, and it's getting very frustrating. I'm getting tired of staying in bed, and I'm really getting cranky and depressed. I found a couple more places to put an ad for caregivers, but no matter how many places I put my ad, I'm just not getting any serious applicants. I played games and watched TV for most of the day until Karen came back in, and we did some personal care in a nice long hot bath after she fed the hungry pooch. She put me back to bed and took off for the evening; I don't know what I'd do without this girl! She told me when she was leaving that she could come back at noon on Monday and do some personal care and a bath again; my stress level just jumped way down… It's so nice to not have to worry about what I'm going to do, and I'm going to make it until Wednesday. I don't know if she planned on coming back that early, but I sure am grateful! She put me back to bed, and after watching TV for just a couple of minutes, I was out.







 Friday was another long boring day in bed; this is getting really old. Karen came in and Fed the hungry hound, and we do some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath; it's pretty much the only thing I look forward to these days. Luckily Stanley is here to take the dude out for a nice long walk. I'm still looking on several different sites for caregivers, but I'm not having any luck; the only people I have found one, like $28 an hour. My aunt keeps telling me I need to go with an agency because they will find somebody. Still, I've talked to a couple of friends, one who works for a facility and one who runs an agency, and able to say that they're having a hard time finding caregivers in any capacity. I am sure that as soon as unemployment cracks down on people, there will be a bunch of people looking for work, but I doubt they really want to work, so it's going to be just as bad. Karen finished up and went home, and I watched TV for a while, slept for a while, listen to music for a while, and my mom came down to feed Dude and me. I watch TV some more, played games, and watch TV until I fell asleep.






 Saturday was yet another long boring day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then put me on my side for a while to get some change of scenery. She played with the dude in the yard for a while and helped Omar. I just stayed in and edited pictures, listen to music, sleep on-and-off and watch TV pretty much all day until it was time to eat. My mom decided to order pizza, so Stanley came down and fed the hungry hound and then fed me; usually, I just have salad and wings, but they were all out of wings, so I had a piece of pizza… It was so delicious! After dinner, I just watched more TV until I fell asleep.




 Sunday was yet another day stuck in bed. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me. She rolled me on my side again and left me for a while; it's actually nice to be on my side for a while because I never really get a chance… I'm always lying on my back. She sent me back up and then went home. My uncle, aunt, mom, Stanley, Janet, Rich, and I had a really nice Fourth of July dinner. We had some chicken sausages leftover from the birthday bash, and my brother made some beans and garlic bread, my aunt made a potato salad. It was nice to see everybody, although I hate when I'm stuck in bed. Everybody went and took a nap; I was falling asleep while everybody was eating, and then we came back and played a couple hands of cribbage. I thought since I took a nap, I would have a problem sleeping, but as soon as everybody left, I was out.

 One day while I was cruising back with Dude from the wharf, I saw a Mama duck and her ducklings cruising down the sidewalk; I wanted to get up close enough to take pictures but not close enough to scare them because there was a bustling street right next to us. I saw her swerve towards the street a couple of times, and I got really nervous; I wish somebody else that could help them would've seen them. They cruised down the sidewalk and then up the hill and across the street over to depot Park; when I saw them at first, I remember wondering where they could have come from… I don't think the ducks go in the ocean? Then I remembered when they headed off towards the grass that they're probably going back to the lagoon. I'm finding out more and more how brilliant animals really are; she was taking her little babies back to the lagoon. I wanted to watch them to make sure that they got there safely, but my chair wouldn't go on the terrain that they were cruising on.

No comments: