Monday, July 12, 2021

Company leaving, staying in bed still happening…

 Monday turned out to be a really miserable day. My mom came down and took out Dude and fed him; Stanley came downstairs and got me something to eat. It was a really long uncomfortable day; the only thing that made me feel better was knowing that Karen would come in at noon and do the program… It's been since Thursday. My mom, Stanley, and Janet took the beach train from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to roaring Camp railroads in Felton and back, and they said they had a perfect time and the weather was perfect. Adriana texted me about 1:30 PM and said that she hurt her back and wasn't going to come in tonight. I waited until about 4:30 PM and texted Karen to see if she would come in and do the program. She texted me back saying that she was exhausted, they were lighting firecrackers around her mom's house and scaring everybody and the dog, so she didn't get any sleep, and then her flight was at 6 AM this morning. She said she wasn't coming in. Adriana had told me that she would have Cindy come in, but I thought Karen was going to, so I told her no; I texted Cindy, and she said she would be in tomorrow morning. It was a long miserable night, but I did eventually fall asleep.

Tuesday was another miserable day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound and then fed me while Stanley and Janet were packing and getting ready to go home. After they left, we got started; I was a mess. I can't believe I have such a hard time finding people, and it's really starting to affect my health. Cindy pulled me out and turned me over, and you pretty much took all day to clean me out; it had been four days, and I guess I didn't even realize. After most of the day, we thought she was finished, and she gave me a bath and started all over again and went all the way up until Adriana came in at 4 PM; I was exhausted but still going. Finally, Adriana put me in the commode chair, and the rest of it came out; gravity really helps. She gave me another bath, and I felt so much better. She put me back to bed and got me something to eat, and I finally felt human again. It has never taken me this long to find a caregiver, and I guess I'm not the only one having this problem; I don't know; what else to do? I put an ad in UCSC and Cabrillo College. Years ago, I met a lady on Westcliff name Risa and her husband; after talking to them for a while and seeing them a couple more times, I found out that she has Robby's mom's mom and her name was Ynez. She moved away, but she said she would let me know when she came back to the area, we can get together and visit; she said she was going to be in town for 4 July weekend, but I haven't heard anything, although she did send me a picture of her new puppy, she's a puppy raiser, and her husband. I was so exhausted I fell asleep.




Wednesday turned out to be a really great day. I didn't have Susan come for my weekly massage because I was afraid that I would have stomach problems and have her come all the way over here again just to go home. Karen came in, and believe it or not, I think I actually found somebody who applied for the job and will come in. Her name is Jesse, and it says on her resume she was a medical assistant, and she has 12 years of experience… Please don't let this be another false alarm. I asked her she could come in on Monday because I don't have anybody for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, but when Karen came in, she said she would come in on Friday and show her the routine. I'm so excited that I found somebody to come in and somebody with so much experience; I also heard from another lady named Emma, who also has experience. We decided to go ahead and do personal care today because Andrea, the organizer, is coming in tomorrow; even though we just did it yesterday, I hope it's not gonna be a problem. We did the personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath, and before I knew it, I was back in bed relaxing for the rest of the evening. I don't know what to do anymore at night since I finally caught up on my blog; I think at one fleet, I was about a month or so behind… Goes good to be caught up. Karen fed Dude and me before she went home for the evening. I felt so relaxed; not only is my stomach back to normal, but I have two potential caregivers. I played games and listen to music until I fell asleep.

































































Thursday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then put me on my side for a while… All these stomach problems created a few more pressure sores on my butt, so the more I can stay off of it, the faster they will heal. She sent me back up and left just as Andrea came in; we got rid of a lot of stuff and were about three-quarters of the way done from cleaning out the bathroom… I love this getting more excited every day. We went through some of my jewelry, and even though I don't wear it anymore, I had a tough time getting rid of it; I tried to give it to my mom, but she doesn't wear jewelry anymore either and has way too much, but I did it! And again, it didn't haunt me like I thought it would, she hauled away three boxes, and we threw away a big garbage bag full of garbage and stuff I didn't need anymore. Andrea left. My aunt came over to borrow Robby's recovery cloud color; it's like a cone of shame, but I think it works better. The rest of the evening was just relaxing and watching TV until I fell asleep.












Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the mongrel, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. I'm so excited that I have all day once again to cruise around, and it was another beautiful day until about 1 PM, it started to get really hot. I cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, where I talked to Hank for a little bit… He is so funny! We cruised over to the boardwalk and up and down a couple of times, stopping and trying to cool off in the shade, finally a car too much, and we just had to go home early. I kicked back for a while, watched a couple of episodes of cheaters, and rested until Karen and Jesse came in. I was so nervous; I really hope this works out because now it looks like I need to find two evening caregivers; Adriana wants to be a backup. They both got here simultaneously; usually, I watched the camera all nervous, but I didn't even see them come in; I just heard the door. Jesse is so bubbly and friendly; she instantly put me at ease; usually, training is really nerve-racking, but you made me feel relaxed. She was familiar with pretty much everything we did and took lots of atoms; I like that! It didn't take that long, Karen has been here for about 10 years, and she's pretty quick with everything that she does… I don't know what I would do without her! It turned out to be such a great day! It seems like every once in a while, life gets really hard, and everything around me just seems to go downhill, and then in one day, everything turns around and goes great! The rest of the evening, I got to just relax and sit back and not worry; Jesse will come back on Monday, and Emma is coming in on Tuesday to watch Adriana put me to bed, and hopefully, we will be a good match. I edited some pictures, I got caught up on my blog, but I still have many pictures to edit. I just watched TV and relaxed until I fell asleep.


























































 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I'm getting so close to finding a caregiver, and I can't wait, my brother David, his daughter Aubrey, her husband Andrew, and their son Stephen is coming to visit next month, and I want to be able to get up and hang out with them every day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog and then fed me, she made me a vegan egg and bacon English muffins sandwich, and it was awesome! I want to start getting breakfast ideas so I can have a little variety. She did some laundry, watered the plants outside, and then put me on my side for a while to get my butt a rest. My aunt texted me many pictures of her garden, her whole backyard is just amazing, and their garden glows like crazy. She's always finding a punch of chrysalis and takes them to her garden to hatch, she's gotten a couple videos, and it's so beautiful to see them come out as butterflies. I have some stray milkweed over here, and she found about five or six of them and took them back over to hatch. I was bored, so I found many stunning pictures on the Internet and lifted them. My brother sent me some pictures of him and his wife and David and Melissa out having dinner; I really miss hanging out with them. I played games on the computer, candy crush, and cribbage and watch TV. It's weird not having anybody come in at 4 PM, I have to remember to have somebody make me a plate of food or a sandwich, so when my mom comes down to feed Dude, it's easier for her. After a metric a little nap and then watch some more TV, a lot of the series that I watch I watch over and over, and when I think I've seen them all, and try to move on to another series that I haven't seen before. Eventually, I fell asleep.






























 Sunday was yet another relaxing day. Cindy came in, and for some reason, my blood sugar and my blood pressure were really high, so I decided to skip the bacon and just have fruit and yogurt for breakfast. She did a couple loads of laundry and took my van over to get it washed; it really bugs me to drive around in a dirty van. She cleaned up and wiped everything down, and went home. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and, of course, ran into some problems; I don't know what I ate or if it's still just my nerves, but it was another long day and two baths. By the time Karen went home, I was even too exhausted to eat anything, so of course, I didn't, and in a couple hours, after she left, I was starving. I fell asleep shortly after she left.





 I love it when they find stuff here in Santa Cruz; it looks like they had a bunch of artists painting frames, and they put them around Santa Cruz so people could stand behind them and get a really nice picture with a view. They also found this big red bouncing ball that's supposed to represent the Museum of Art and history downtown, and they put it in different places around Santa Cruz for people to play with.

RedBall Project Santa Cruz

In celebration of our 25th Anniversary, follow the 15ft inflatable ball Tuesday, June 8 - Sunday, June 13, 2021, as local buildings, parks, piers, and more become the canvas for this celebratory installation.

Considered the longest-running street art project in the world, artist Kurt Perschke's red ball has been to three continents and nearly 40 cities.

santacruzmah.org/exhibitions/redball



























No comments: