Sunday, November 8, 2020

Michael Franti stay at home concert is this week and I'm so excited!

 Monday was an awesome day! Karen came in and fed the hungry fur baby and then fed me, got me dressed in up in my chair. I always love Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and the weekend because I don't have to do personal care… I can take a bath every day, but it's really nice to get up early and cruise around with Dude. Also, my GoPro was straight, so I don't have to crop out a lot of the pictures… I guess it's my OCD because everything has to be straight. Usually, we get it straight, but by the time my chair bounces all away to the wharf, it ends up tilted… Sometimes I stopped somebody and asked them to straighten it out, but then I bump on down the wharf, and it tilts again. I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back, everything was so quiet, and there were too many people around, so I took a lot of pictures. I ran into Russell and his dog Sparky and talk to them for a while. He's kind of a little rough but very sweet at the same time… Usually, somebody like that makes me nervous, and I want to run away, but I love talking to Russell, and Sparky is so adorable! I think Sparky is 14 years old, and he can't see anymore, but they're out there every day, cruising around talking to everyone. I cruised at home, and I still had some time, so I cruised around the yard and made a video. I love my house but especially when it is Halloween. Joy came by and took Dude for a little cruise. I would go with her, but it was Rose's birthday, so I wanted to be here to wish her a happy birthday and give her some flowers. We hung out in the driveway until Rosa came in. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I really love having Heather around in the delicious food that she always makes!  I looked around for some peace signs and some thumbs up for the concert this Friday. I'm so excited it's hard to wait! We decided we were going to try a social distance concert, our first since the pandemic. We decided to keep it to six people, and it was interesting to try to figure out how to make individual snacks. Still, we did it, but put some kettle corn in baggies, and I found little individual food trays for Salome, prosciutto, crackers, and cheese is what we decided to try. Rosa cleaned up, and I started editing all these pictures. I always take at least three or four of the same view just if something happens, so I'm editing and deleting a lot. Eventually, I just fell asleep in mid edit.

 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, fed the hungry puppy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair.  The advance blinds and shades guy came by to install my blinds in the living room. I have them fix it so I can open and close them with Alexa. I had an appointment with Jennifer in Capitola, and then we have a couple other errands to run, and by the time we got back, it was time for Rosa to come in. She fed the hungry boy and then put me to bed and fed me. During my appointments with Jennifer, she always covers a Pro camera, and we have to bend it down before I get in the van, so I hope we can get it fixed the way it was again. Rosa cleaned up and then went home. I watched TiVo for a while. I'm almost out of room on my storage on my TiVo… Usually, when it's fall, I just start deleting stuff until I'm comfortable with it.  Since I didn't get to take any pictures, I downloaded some lovely ones that I found online from a local photographer, his stuff is so gorgeous, and I really hope he doesn't mind me reposting it. I played candy crush for a while and then turned off everything, and I was out.

 Wednesday was another pretty good day. Susan came in to give me a nice relaxing massage. I pretty much slept through the whole thing. Karen came in and fed the poor starving boy, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. Melissa came by to groom Dude. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise over to the wharf and up and down a few times. It was a wonderful day. As I got down to where the sculptures are on Cowell's beach, a guy set up his drum set in front of the artwork. It looked like he was taking a little break, I waited for a little while because I wanted to see what he sounded like, but it looked like he was taking a pretty long break, so I just tilted back in my chair to relieve the pressure on my butt for about 15 minutes. When I set up to go home, I saw this couple over by the bathrooms. There was an older lady in a wheelchair in the sky who had stood her up, and they were dancing around… It was so adorable, and of course, I had to watch for a while and take a couple of pictures. I wondered if that was his wife, girlfriend, or mother, but they sure look cute together. We cruised at home and hung out in the nice warm driveway for a while, waiting for Rosa to come in. Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. We talked a little bit about what we wanted to do for Omar's baby shower, and then she took Dude out and went on home, and I listen to some music and edited pictures until it was time to turn everything off. I wasn't awake very long after that.

 Thursday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the poor, hungry guy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice little cruise over to the end of the wharf and back, It is such a beautiful day, and I'm so glad there's not a lot of people around. I tilted back by my cousin Patrick's memorial bench to rest for about 15 minutes, and when I went to sit out, Dude stood up and got his tags caught on when the bolts of the memorial bench. He freaked out and jumped back, and the tags went flying. We were right next to the edge of the water, and I only saw two tags, so I thought the rest of them must've gone into the water. I wanted to just leave, but those types are pretty important, so I looked around,d and I saw these two guys getting out of a ca. The way they were dressed,d they looked like soccer players, and I started asking one of the guys to help me, and then I realized he didn't understand a word I said, so I motioned for him to follow me to the bench. II pointed down to Dudes tags, and he picked them up, and I pointed to Dudes best, and he unzipped it and put them inside. I thanked him, and he walked back to his vehicle, his friend was standing there watching, and as we started to cruise away, he said, "if you need anything else, please let us know" how sweet! I'm always afraid to ask people to help, but most people don't mind at all. We cruised back home and waited for a bit until the guy from the geek squad came by from Best Buy, I wanted to make sure that everything was set up right for the Michael Franti concert tomorrow night in the driveway, but I guess I accidentally ordered the wrong guy, the one that came knew a lot about computers but not too much about TVs and home theater systems. A while back, I lost one of my email addresses, and I didn't know where my email was going, so he fixed that for me, which was great, but I was still not set up for the concert. Since it's tomorrow night, I'm sure I won't be able to find anyone to come out at such late notice. Adriana came by, so we ordered some Thai food and pulled down the projector screen so we can try to figure out how to get it set up, I looked up a bunch of videos on YouTube, and that helps a little, but I just don't know anything about electronics. Adriana texted Keith, and he came over and got everything set up for us. What a relief. We made a plan for tomorrow afternoon, and she fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She cleaned up and then went home, and I went back to YouTube to read up a little more on how everything works. It makes me really nervous because this is our first outdoor stay-at-home concert and I want everything to go perfectly. I watched TV for a while and fell asleep.

 Friday was an awesome day! Karen came in and fed Dude. We did some personal care, and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I always feel better as soon as I hit the water. She got me dressed and up in my chair just as Ronald from Hill ROM came to fix the broken scale on my bed and check out the mattress cover. It looks like it's about two or three sizes too big and is causing me bedsores, so I messaged Hill ROM right away before the warranty is passed. I had taken some pictures and sent them to them, so he brought a temporary mattress cover until he can order one for me, such a big relief. Dude and I took off for a cruise to the end of the wharf and back. It was such a beautiful day! Adriana came in and set everything up for the Michael Franti stay-at-home concert tonight. I'm so excited about it! I invited Adriana, Cindy, and Lisa, and Trish invited about three of her friends… Perfect for our first social distancing get together! We figured out how to make individual snacks and got everything set up, and it looks so amazing! We can read and hear everything on the screen. Still, we couldn't see anything, we thought it was because usually, you can't say anything until 6 PM when the concert starts but even after the concert started we couldn't see it so when Trish came she decided to go back home and get her laptop. After all, that's how we watched it last time… My Bluetooth speakers didn't work on her laptop, so she went home to get her speakers. We finally got it together at about 7 PM and got to watch a whole hour of the concert, and it was awesome, it's even more awesome with fun people! Lisa didn't show up, and Cindy needed to leave early, so Adriana cleaned everything up and put everything away after she put me to bed. I can't wait until the next concert next month. I'm definitely going to make sure that everything is working the day before. I wanted to stay up and edit all the pictures, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open, and I was out shortly after Adriana left.

 Saturday was another great day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me, found me, and Dude an outfit to wear for Halloween. Adriana Was having a family Halloween party, and I wasn't going to do anything anyway, so I was going to stay in bed, but they wouldn't hear of it. I'm so blessed to have them include me in their family! Everybody and their family are just amazing! I bought a sorcerers cape and hat and put the cape on as a skirt and found a black sorceress hatch shirt, but I got from Disneyland a couple years ago, and I wore that. They were both black with metallic silver. I found a Hawaiian lay and tie-dyed T-shirt, and we put that on Dude. Dude and I took off for a little cruise down to the end of the wharf and back to see if anybody else had a costume on. We cruised back and hung out in the driveway for a while and then came inside and watched TV until Cindy came down to walk us down to the party. I know it's only at the end of the block, but I always feel awkward going places by myself, so I was glad she escorted us. I made Carnitas, macaroni salad, potato salad, chips, and dip… Everything you can imagine! They all had really awesome costumes on also, so I got I took a bunch of pictures. We hung out and talked for a while and listen to them inside doing karaoke until it got too cold and Dude and I came back home, I told Adriana to just stay there. She can come down when she was done and put me to bed, but she decided she wanted to put me to bed and then go back and join the party. I made it nice and warm and toasty, so comfortable that I fell right to sleep. It was a busy weekend but a really great one!

 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me. I wasn't really feeling all that great, and I thought maybe it was just a busy weekend, and I was tired. By the time Karen came in at 2 PM, I was really not feeling good at all. By the time we started personal-care first, there was a big blood clot, and then a lot of blood came out… That made me really nervous. But we finished personal care, and it stopped, so I got to take a nice long hot bath. I didn't eat a lot this morning, and I'm really not hungry now, so after Karen put me back to bed.  I read online that they had a witch paddle out Halloween celebration in Capitola so I took some pictures offline. I felt really miserable all night and finally went to sleep. I woke up about 12:30 AM and texted my mom to come down and get me a Lorazepam… After a while, I finally fell asleep again.

1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like you had a nice Halloween Tammie!! Your pictures are always so great! Like I said in the past, some of them are post card worthy!