Monday, November 9, 2020

Halloween is over and now we are on to Thanksgiving…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me, got me dressed in up in my chair. After last night, I thought I wouldn't feel perfect today, and I really don't, but I think getting out into the beautiful sunshine will help. Dude and I cruised through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. When we got over to the boardwalk, I stopped to let Dude go potty, and I looked up, and somebody was walking towards me. For the most part, it's tough to tell people apart because everybody's wearing a mask and g, good for them. The guy pulled down his mask, and I immediately recognized him and said, "Hi Jimmy!" It was the guy that paints the carousel horses, the cave people, the murals… Pretty much everything at the boardwalk. I think if we would've had his white paint-stained overalls on or he was writing his three-wheeled bike with a basket and a lot of little boardwalk price trinkets that he saved up over the years, I would've recognized him right away. I talked to him for a minute, and he said he came to the boardwalk to get some taffy because he was going to visit his son, and his family loves it, but everything was closed. I suggested that he go down to the wharf to the candy store and buy some there, so we said goodbye, and that's where he went. It was so nice to see him. Every time I cruised to the boardwalk and especially past the carousel horses, I saw his bike parked outside and inside the painting. We cruised home and set out in the sunshine for a while. It felt so good! Joy came by to take Dude for a little cruise, we have this running joke about being old and squirrels, and I found this little hand puppet squirrel on Amazon, so I bought it and gave it to her… She loved it! Rosa came in and fed the starving fur baby and then put me to bed and fed me. She cleaned up and went home or went down to Adriana's. My uncle and aunt came over, and then plus my mom and I played cribbage, my mom was my partner, and I don't think we won any games, but it was fun. I was falling asleep while we were playing cards, and after everybody left, I was out.

 Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me and got me dressing up in my chair. Cindy drove Dude and me over to Dominican Hospital, where I had an appointment with my new spinal cord injury Doctor, I really liked my previous spinal cord injury, Dr. Jett, but she retired. The main reason I called was that I was having bladder problems again. She was just going to recommend the urologist. Still, my urologist also retired, and I have an appointment to meet my new urologist tomorrow, but she did recommend that I go see an OB/GYN. After my appointment, we cruised over to Beverly's fabrics to find some really soft elastic so I can change out the elastic and my masks. Carolina made me a bunch, but I'm getting source from the elastic rubbing the raw behind my ears, so were going to get some different kind of elastic and see if that would help. Before we went to Beverly's, we stopped by Starbucks, and I had one of those holiday coffees and a bagel, the last couple of times I've been to Starbucks, I got a terrible stomach ache almost immediately. It's probably the sugar. While we were sitting outside enjoying our coffee and breakfast, Cindy took some under my chair. Quite a few bolts are missing. I hope I don't fall out… I need to call Numotion when I get back because when the guy fixed my chair, he forgot to put back a couple of bolts… I also noticed it's filthy, and it is time to have a detail again. We stopped by Safeway to get a bouquet of marigolds for a day of the dead and a few other things and also get a flu shot, I've wanted to get one, and we decided to just do it. By the time I got home, my stomach was really hurting, so I lay back for a while until Rosa came in, she fed the hungry boy and then put me to bed, and she made me something for dinner, but I couldn't eat anything… No more Starbucks for me. I took some Pepto-Bismol and some medical marijuana and luckily fell asleep early.

 Wednesday was a totally miserable day. Susan came in and gave me a two-hour massage, which I slept through, I might have taken a little too much of the medical marijuana, but at least I slept. Karen came in, and we started personal care. The whole time, I was sweating with a headache and chills. Usually, as soon as I get into that nice hot bath, I feel much better, but not today… I was still feeling terrible, so I decided to stay in bed, I think between the sugar, the flu shot, and me trying to take myself off of a lot of my supplements that I don't need, I'm afraid it might be more withdrawals, but at least it will be over with. While we were doing personal care can set, I started bleeding a lot, and I thought I would end up in the hospital, but the bath made the bleeding stop. I tried to relax the rest of the day until Rosa came in, she fed Dude, and she made me something to eat, but I just couldn't eat. She cleaned up and went home, and the rest of the evening, I pretty much just tried to go to sleep, hoping that I wake up tomorrow and feel better. Trish sent me a video that she took during the Michael Franti concert, which cheered me up a little bit.

Thursday was another miserable day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog and then fed me. She said one of the blinds in the living room fell down, and she took a picture for me… I just had the motorized and put back up last month.  I still can't eat breakfast or anything else because my stomach is a real mess, and I'm kind of afraid to move because I don't want to start bleeding again. After Karen went home, I decided to look up all my current medications and supplements and write down what each one was for and the side effects of each one. Most of the side effects are worse than what I'm taking the probiotics/medications for. I know they have to list everything. I just hope that somebody can help me out, so I don't have to take 20 pills every day. Omar came by, and I talked to him for a little bit until Adriana came in. There wasn't much to do after she fed Dude, I decided to try and eat a salad and some noodles, and since I'm already in bed, she doesn't need to do that either…Omar showed Adriana how to turn on the projector and when they did you could see the light from the projector right through the screen, that's when it dawned me, but that's how the screen was made so you can watch it from inside or outside. I'm not going to be able to stand that, so I think we're going to have to go back to Plan B and just put it on a cart and relayed around. Luckily she lives close. After Adriana left, I listen to music all day, catch up on my blog, and edit pictures. I started to feel a little bit better, but I know tomorrow it's going to start all over again and I'm really nervous. I still turning everything off between 10 and 11 PM, and I'm getting a lot more sleep.

Friday was another miserable day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hungry puppy, and I still wasn't very hungry, so we just started personal-care. I was really nervous because I didn't want to start bleeding again… I can handle the headache, the chills, and the sweat, but the blood just terrifies me, and I know that after about an hour, the other symptoms will go away. Personal care went pretty smooth, and before I knew it, it was over, and I was taking a nice long hot bath. One of the good things about having stomach problems is that whenever we do personal care, a nice hot bath comes afterward, and that ALWAYS makes me feel better.  I decided to stay in bed again and pretty much slept the whole day until Adriana came in. As much as we wanted to have tacos, we decided against it because of the rough week that I went through and because it was cold we decided to look for a restaurant that serves Pazole, but I couldn't find one, so I just decided on a salad, a breakfast meat patty, and some greens and it was really good! We made a plan to start taking down the Halloween decorations tomorrow, she was going to bring coffee and donuts, and her, Cindy, and Omar were going to take them down. 

 Saturday was a great day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me. Finally, I was hungry again. Adriana came in and brought me an old-fashioned donut, and I shouldn't have, but I ate half of it. I should've looked at the ingredients before, but I think at the time I didn't want to know… Old-fashioned donuts have eggs in them, and I'm really allergic. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and it was such a beautiful day. I wanted to go up on Westcliff, but then I heard that the boardwalk was going to open for local people only, and I was wondering how they were going to work that so I decided to go down and check it out. I cruised down to Cowell's beach in the clouds, and the waves were so beautiful I had to take way too many pictures. I wanted to cruise down to the end of the wharf, but it was still a little chilly. When it's chilly I like to go to the boardwalk first and give it time to hopefully get warmer. I got down to the boardwalk just-in-time to see the beach train pullout from in front of the carousel horses. I LOVE the train! It looks like some of the boardwalk was open for everybody, but as I cruise down the middle, pretty soon it was blocked off, and I had to go around… One of the new attractions that I saw was peddling racecars through a hay bale obstacle course, there was only one kid on it, but he looked like he was having a lot of fun… I wonder if this is going to be in place of the ice-skating rink for Christmas this year. I noticed that there was another hay bale line barrier going into guest services, and I'm assuming that that's where they're going to let the local people come in. I usually stop by there and get a leash tag for Dude, so everybody knows he is a service dog… Most of the time, they tell me that if he has a CCI vest on, I don't even need to stop and get a leash tag, but I do it anyway. I love that they ask everybody, and I don't want to discourage that because I did see a lot of dogs that were obviously not service dogs. I didn't go through the line because it was pretty long, and I just decided to stay on the outside of the boardwalk, especially since all the gates were closed anyway. It all a sudden got really cold, and the sun went away so I decided to go home, of course on my way home the sun came out again and it got warm.  Omar and Cindy were finishing up taking down the decorations and packing everything away. Omar was taking everything back to storage. I tried to find some sun in the driveway but there wasn't any, so we just came inside, turned the heater way up, and just watch TV until Adriana to come back in, She fed Dude and put me to bed. I finally got most of the way caught up on my blog, and then I remembered I need to catch up on my food diary, but I think I'll just start from this month because I don't remember that far back what I ate, although it really what have come in handy with all my stomach problems last week. Before I knew it, I looked up, and it was already 11 PM and time to shut everything off and go to sleep. After I shut everything off, I was out.

 Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the fur baby and then fed me, she may be a killer breakfast taco with vegan eggs and soy chorizo, and it was awesome! It's so nice to be able to eat food again. She took down most of the decorations in the living room and put away the glass vases from the back porch and the pergola. It's going to get really windy, and I don't want any of them to break. Cindy took off, and I'd listen to music for a while until Karen came in at 2 PM to feed Dude and do the personal-care. My stomach was making weird noises all day, and I was just hoping that everything goes smoothly… I had a couple of salads for the last couple of days, along with dinner, and I'm hoping that helps instead of making things more difficult. It was, of course, miserable, but we had really good progress and very little blood. a nice hot bubbly bath felt so great, and I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I will be back to feeling as good as new, even though I'm old. I still couldn't eat anything, but I did feel a lot better, so I watched TV for a long time and noticed it was already 11:30 PM, so I turned everything off, and I went right to sleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

You got some great pictures Tammie!! Enjoyed looking at the clouds in a lot of them!