Thursday, July 11, 2019

More family and friends visiting, I love the summer!

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur peeps. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I found the miracle drinking lots of water so everything goes a lot more smoothly… I have heard about this for a long time so why am I just now practicing it? better late than never I guess? She got me dressed up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise to and around Depot Park, that's his favorite place to sniff and Pee. We cruised back home and I took Dude out for a cruise up and down the wharf a couple times and then back home, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after I get up there is not usually a lot of time to cruise the boys as much as I would like. At the end of the day, I like to hang out in the driveway with the boys so we can all relax together and unwind. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew, then she fed me and I just watch TV and listen to music the rest of the evening. my Google glass is working sporadically again so I never know from day to day if I'm going to be able to take any pictures, my brother David said when the battery just dies to send it to him and between him and his friends at work they will try to figure out if there's any way to change the battery or to bring it back to life… I think it's time.

Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed everybody got me dressed and up in my chair. I took the boys out for a quick cruise before Dan that IT guy came by to do some more work on my computer, I want him to take it all apart and have them put it back together but there's so much wrong with it that every time he comes around we get sidetracked. He was here from 11 AM until Rosa came in around 4 PM. Rosa put me to bed and I worked on my photos, they are such a mess… It seems like every time I refresh them they multiply, show close-ups of everybody's face and some end up bigger and smaller. I've been looking it up and there's just no easy fix so I don't know what I'm going to do. I finally just get frustrated and go to sleep. For some reason when I'm not feeling good I'm having a bad day all I want to do is go to sleep.

Wednesday was a really busy day. Susan came in at 6 AM and fed the boys and then gave me a nice long massage. Karen came in at 8 AM and fed Penny and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Jan came to visit across the street on Friday so we decided to go for a cruise after Karen got me dressed and up in my chair. It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz is really crowded, everybody's coming here for the Fourth of July weekend. Jan took Robby and I took Dude and we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home. I took Dude and we went back out for another cruise, Robby was panting and visibly tired but Dude was still ready to go so we cruised down to the boardwalk, back down to the end of the wharf again and then home. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed, we had talked about going down to the farmers market and getting something to eat for dinner but she looked pretty tired and tomorrow is Fourth of July so I didn't mention anything, she and her family are usually busy on the fourth… They carry everything down to the beach and have a big barbecue. My Google glass was actually working today for a little while so I edited the pictures and then fell asleep listening to music.






Thursday was a pretty good day, the 4th of July. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby and then Dude out for cruise before dinner, My aunt and uncle were making spaghetti for dinner… We brought everything over here and we sat outside and visited, it was really nice! Karen came in and put me to bed since Rosa took the evening off. My uncle and Jan came over to play cribbage with my mom and me, my aunt was really tired. We fight about four games and just have a lot of fun, he goes by faster when you have a partner. After everybody left I fell asleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Joy came in and helped me try to get Dude used to his new tennis shoes, is doing really good and we went up and down the street a couple of times. I want to make sure that they are comfortable for him and they don't slip around before I take him out for a long cruise. Jan, Cooper, and Ellen and I were going to go on the beach train but I didn't get up in time so we decided to hold off for another day, I was going to give them the tickets and have them go but Cooper and Ellen wanted to go for a bicycle ride so that's what they did. I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and back and Lisa was here, she took Dude and me over to Home Depot to get some supplies and stuff for the yard, Lisa has it so beautiful! She pegged the fur group and maybe a sandwich for dinner. I took Dude out for a cruise and then brought him home and cruised over to the boardwalk see the concert on the beach. The band was pride and joy, I had never heard of them but I thought I would go check it out and it turned out to be a really great concert. They said they been around for a while and even performed on the boardwalk before, they did a lot of older songs that I knew. When I came back I saw that my friend I used to work with Treva was there with her husband, they were sitting right above me and to the left. She said she was looking for me but couldn't find me, she said they had a really good time and watched both shows. Sara came in and put me to bed and I did take some pictures but something happened with my glass and they didn't turn out. I fell asleep before Sarah left.













Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in then fed everybody and then got me dressing up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the wharf, over in front of the boardwalk and back. Dude and I took off and did pretty much the same cruise except we wandered down to the end of the wharf and the down to the end of the boardwalk, the wharf and Boardwalk were still packed from all the people… I have a feeling it's going to be like this all summer. It's actually not that bad because everybody is super excited to be here and it's a really good atmosphere. We cruised back and Sara came in and fed everybody, put me to bed and they made me sausage pizza on cauliflower crust… It was delicious! I watched TV for a while and then drifted off to sleep.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and I decided I was just going to stay in bed and relax. I don't know why but about noon I started getting really warm and anxious, oh no… Not another anxiety attack. I had my mom come down and get me a lorazepam and I had some medical chocolate hoping to calm myself down, I already had the air-conditioner down to 66 and the fan going and I was still overheated. They are talking about shutting down the electricity on the hotter days around here and I don't know what I'm going to do if they do that, I need the AC. I had my mom come down and get me a lorazepam and some medical chocolate, that helps but it takes a while. Sara came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and fed me, I have been craving pizza so she made me some pizza with cauliflower crust… Normally I don't do very good with cauliflower but I wanted to give it a try. Sarah went home and I listen to music for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

I think Tammie if you check with your electric company they have exemptions for people who need special equipment due to health reasons and they can somehow make sure your electricity doesn't get turned off. I had to laugh when you said you turned the AC down to 66. Not laugh at you, but laugh because we keep ours here between 79/80 but that's because during the summer it runs 24/7 it seems! I can't imagine what our electric bills would be like if we went down to 66 (plus I'd be cold LOL). Our AC went out today of all days and the house got up to 89. That was a bit miserable!

Glad that your brother will be able to see if they can replace the battery for your Google Glass as I do enjoy your pictures that you post!

betty