Monday, July 15, 2019

A little rest before more family comes to visit…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a nice little cruise around Depot Park and then back, He's not doing very good today… He's slow getting up off of his back legs and he looks a little stiff, I'm hoping that a little cruise will warm his bones up a little bit and you will feel better. Dude and I took off for my appointment through downtown and over to Y studios to get my hair done by Jessica. We cruised over to the wharf and then home to hang out in the driveway with Robby until Rosa comes in. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I watched TV for a while and then listen to music before I drifted off to sleep.


Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and they got me dressed and up in my chair. I'm having a bridal shower party for Karen this Saturday so we discussed what we wanted to do and where we needed to go for the day. I was going to get some sandwiches from Cosco but Rosa said that she wanted to make enchiladas, beans, and rice… How awesome is that?? I feel bad because she has two jobs and works pretty much every day but Cindy said she likes doing it. We went to Safeway and got some unique cheeses and crackers and before the party will just go to Costco and get some salami and prosciutto, my aunt said she would do a fruit and vegetable tray and Cindy is also doing some desserts, it should be awesome! Cindy drove me over to my eye doctor appointment it's been over a year or so and my eyesight has not changed she said I could do more Lasix surgery or cataract surgery to correct my vision. She gave me the option of cataract surgery and that sounded a lot better, she said I'm going to need several appointments to make sure that's the better option. We stopped by Jamba Juice on the way home and got an açai bowl for dessert. We came home and Cindy put everything away while I took Dude out for another cruise over to the wharf and back, my Google glass isn't working so much but I'm learning how I can manipulate it and hopefully run the battery down so I can get it to work again… I'm trying everything so I don't have to give up because I don't know what I would do without my Google glass. I'm hoping that before this version dies they will come up with something that works like it. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and fed me. It's starting to get really warm out, it's going to be a long hot summer… Well, what's left of it anyway. I got some tennis shoes for Dude and is doing pretty good with them, he did that weird spider walk the first couple of times but now he's cruising along up and down the driveway and the street next is down to Depot Park and back. I think it's going to be very good for him and he won't burn his feet.

Wednesday was a really busy day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice two-hour massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot essential oil bath, I always feel so much better after the bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took off with Dude through downtown and over to my appointment with Jennifer my aesthetician, I got all the way over there and then double-checked my calendar and my appointment with Jennifer was tomorrow… I should've checked it before I left home? Since we were already out and about we cruised over to the wharf and down to the end and back, we cruised over to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. I hang out in the driveway with Robby and Dude until Rosa came in to feed everybody. She put me to bed and then fed me. Trish came over to watch another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel, that show is so funny. Right after she left I watched TV for a little while longer and then fell asleep.











































Thursday was a pretty nice day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a sniff around Depot Park and back. Dude and I cruised down to the wharf and then through downtown and over to my appointment with Jennifer. She's gonna have to move and I hope it's not too much further away, I don't mind cruising down there unless it's really too hot. After my appointment with Jennifer we cruised over to the boardwalk, the wharf is mostly blacktop and really hot on dude's feet so we decided to cruise through the boardwalk where I can make sure he walks mostly in the shade. I can't believe how packed it is already, people are already coming over here for the weekend. We cruised back home and Rosa was here vacuuming, she fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed. She got me something to eat and I watch TV for a while until my brother and sister-in-law came, I talked to my sister-in-law for a while but I was getting really tired so I watched some TV while I was falling asleep.















Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies. We started putting me in a hot bath first and then doing the personal care and I think it's working out really well, it doesn't take as long and usually after I take a bath personal care continues and sometimes I have to take a second bath. I love it when we find something that works and makes the mornings go by faster, it also helps that I'm trying to drink a lot of water. After she got me dressed in up in my chair I took Robby down to Depot Park and back before Joy came in to help me out with dude, he is doing so well with his new tennis shoes and I can't wait until he can wear them on our cruise, it will be so much better for his feet. My cousin Rich, Tom and Kelly and my brother Stanley came and hung out in the driveway with us for a while and Dude and Gunner ran around in the yard which was nice because it was getting really hot, I made it out to the driveway and my brother felt the ground and said it was getting a little bit too hot for Dude so we just came back in and watch TV for a while. My mom fed the crew and I left both boys here and headed off to the concert on the beach, tonight was Foghat. Before I left I had my mom put my sweatshirt and a scarf on the back of my chair in case it got cold, about halfway down to the boardwalk I realized I should've had her put it on because it's starting to get cold. I found a place in front of the stage and sat there for a while but it was just getting colder, I didn't want the concert to start and then try to get out of the crowd… It was already gathering around me. Last night Trish said that she was going to play volleyball on the beach so I went to go find her to see if she could put on my sweatshirt when I didn't find her I texted her and she said that she was tired from work and wasn't going to play so I decided to cruise home, my neck was already getting stiff from the cold. I listen to a little bit of the concert laying back in the sun out in front of the boardwalk and then headed home. Sara put me to bed, wash my face and brush my teeth and then went home. I watched TV until I fell asleep.











Saturday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the fur babies after the Woofpack picked up Robby we talked to Omar for a while and then went to Safeway to get the last minute things for Karen's bridal shower, we're having it here today and wanted to make sure the flowers were fresh and the ice wasn't melted. It started out to be a really nice cool day, I took Dude out for a 4-mile cruise to expend some energy so he won't be so wild during the party. Despite the fact that it got really warm the party was awesome and everybody had a great time, I was a little worried Karen would be uncomfortable because she doesn't really like the attention but I think she had a good time. The decorations were beautiful and the food was awesome, I love these people! Sara came in and said that she had an old friend coming to visit and he was going to stop by and get the key and head on over to her place but we talked him into staying, turns out he went to high school with Lisa and so did Sara's husband…what a small world. I don't know what the guy's actual name is what they called him pickle, even Lisa called him that so apparently its a name he has had since high school. He was so much fun and so funny, I'm glad he stayed. He and Lisa had a really nice reunion and even ended up going to hang out at the boardwalk after. Sara put me to bed, brushed my teeth and wash my face and then went home. By some miracle my Google glass was working so I was able to take some pictures, just when I give up on the Google glass it surprises me again. I edited pictures I listen to music for a while and then I went to sleep.























































Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies, fed me and then got me up. Stanley and I took the boys for a nice little cruise through Depot Park, through Bay St., Park, over to the wharf and then home. It was already getting to be too hot to be outside so I asked Sara to come in at 2 PM, because of all the traffic and such she didn't get here until around 4 PM but it was nice to sit back and relax for a while with the boys. She put me to bed and washed my face and brushed my teeth and I listen to music for a while and I was out.

1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like a great bridal shower for Karen! And the food Rosa made sounded so delicious! That is so cute about Dude and his tennis shoes!

betty