Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A week and 1/2 took Christmas…

Monday was such a great day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, that sure felt great! After Karen got redressed and up in my chair I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk where he ran into Jimmy… The guy who paints everything at the boardwalk but mostly I see him at the carousel horses. He was telling me how all the cave people around the boardwalk were created, I could just listen to him all day. I found out the two on the ground are Clyde and Angel and the two of them up in the sky ride are Fred and Wilhelmina, he also told me some stories about the music players around the carousel… There are three of them. Robby and I cruised back home and I leaned back and rested for a bit. Dude and I took off for pretty much the same cruise except Dude has public access still so we were able to go wallowing down to the end of the wharf and back and all the way through the boardwalk, the boardwalk is a nice place to practice some of Dude's commands with no distractions. We cruise down Westcliff for a little bit and then came home. We hung out in the driveway for a while and enjoyed the sun until Rosa came in. She fed the boys and the girl and then put me to bed and then fed me. I listen to music for a while and edited my pictures on Google, what a beautiful day!





















































 Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and as she was getting me dressed they came by to get Robby and Dude for day camp. I called Dave from rolling along to come and fix the stair chair going up to my mom's place, I noticed it making a clunking sound and it dawned on me that I haven't had service to it since I got it so I guess it's about time right? It didn't take him very long and then he came in and saw my ceiling lift and asked why I haven't had him take care of that? I told him that I had a guy that checksum regularly when I need it but it just hasn't broken down for a while. He gets a little persistent so I told him when he brought back the part for the stair chair if he wants to check it out that would be great. It has been a while and I think the battery is dying. We decided to cruise over to Ross and Kohles to see if they had any tableware for the Christmas party, I can't believe it's the Saturday! We found a lot of stuff, it's so hard to not spend money on beautiful things at Christmas. This is my first Christmas party so I want to make sure that I have everything I need and it goes off smoothly. We decided to have anybody who wanted to wear an ugly sweater and we had a white elephant gift exchange, I'm really nervous about it but everybody's been so supportive and I just know it's going to turn out nice. We came back just in time to welcome the boys home, I rested for a while while Rosa fed the crew and then she put me to bed. I watched TV for a while and played games on the computer until he fell asleep.








Wednesday was another great day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice two-hour massage, so relaxing! Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot essential oil and Himalayan salt bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair while the groomer was grooming the boys out front, we're all going to be clean and spiffy! I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and back, his cruises don't seem as long but all he really wants to do is sniff and scorned a few drops on everything. We cruised back home and rested for a while. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back where he ran into Hank and chatted with him for a bit. We cruised down through the boardwalk and practiced a couple commands and then headed home. Rosa came in and felt the fur babies and then put me to bed and fed me. It's been a while so I wanted to take everything off of my chair, wash it and then put it back on. I don't do that probably as often as I should but I'm going to try to do it more regularly, my bad also should be wiped down top to bottom. I listen to music and edited my pictures on Google until I fell asleep.





























 Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and after she fed everybody she got me up in my chair ready for the day. I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back and then it was time to grab Dude and head downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. It's been three weeks so I really had a lot to say. Behind my right ear has broken out with a rash, it itches and it's really red and I don't understand it because I have been eating right and drinking lots of water… Carol says it's from stress which makes sense. Dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back just in time to rest for a little bit before Rosa comes in. She fed everyone and then put me to bed, it was so nice to be warm and comfortable again. She got me something to eat and then I watched TV until I fell asleep.






















Friday was another good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and the girl and they were happy. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and then I was happy. Robby and I took off for a cruise down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and back… I'm trying to learn patience because basically all he wants to do is sniff everything and scored a few drops. I don't know why I'm in such a hurry but I need to slow down and just enjoy everything instead of worrying about how much time I have for everything. I just need to go for a cruise and enjoy the time with my boy. We cruised back home and rested for a while. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back home. Theresa came in early so I could go to bed early, it's getting to be so cold outside but I know the boys need to get out and stretch a bit and is good for me to lay back, be calm, have patience and enjoy the view… Everything is so beautiful around here! She fed everybody and then put me to bed and I just listen to some music and play games on the computer, it's really nice to go to bed sometimes because I have more time to myself.






























  Saturday turned out to be a really good day. Last year my New Year's resolution was to have more parties and at least try to act like I'm not so anxiety driven around people, it's so hard. of course, I invited about 26 people and of those that RSVPed as the date gets closer more people back out but it turned out to be a really nice day. Lisa and her son Justin were there so that was awesome, I don't really see Lisa as much as I would like but I understand. A new friend that I met through the day at the beach, Sean, came by also.  Jessica, the lady that does my hair, and her boyfriend came by. Claudia also came by as well as Fred and Joanne… It was a really nice turnout and we had a great time. Most of the people wore a Christmas sweater, some were ugly and some were cute I thought.  We ate way too much food and the white elephant gift exchange was funny and successful. all the stress and anxiety just made me really exhausted and I think I was asleep before Cindy put me back to bed, her and Adriana stayed to put me in bed because Theresa called in sick again.





























 Sunday was another awesome day! Cindy came in and got me dressed after she fed the fur crew. I took Robby first out for cruise or a sniff to the wharf and back and when we decided to come back it started sprinkling, it was really like at first but when I came into exchange dogs and went back outside it was raining even harder and since we still had a while before the holiday train I just decided to stay in and charge my phone and my Google glass just to make sure I can take pictures. Dude was going to come along with us on the train but it started pouring so hard I thought it would be best to leave him here. When we got down to park across the street from the carousel horses it was really pouring so we ducked inside Neptune's kingdom to dry off a little, I was going to try to remember umbrellas but forgot and there were so many people I will just be afraid somebody would get poked. The conductor saw me in Neptune's kingdom and came in to tell me to go up to where the carousel ride is and they will board me right away, my family can come after I get settled in so they won't be as soaked. We ended up sitting in front of one of the gates so the rain was coming inside, they have plastic to put up to block the rain but I figured if we're going to do it we might as well do it and be able to see everything. We only go on the holiday train once a year. We did have a blanket so that helped. My friend Vince wasn't feeling good so decided to take a couple days off to feel better so there was a Santa sub. The right was really beautiful and I love the music and we all had a great time even though we got wet. We got home and Theresa was inside washing clothes and so she put me to bed, it was so nice to be back in my warm relaxing bed and I turned the heater way up because I was so sore and stiff. I looked at some of the pictures but couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep.




















































1 comment:

betty said...

Merry Christmas, Tammie! Your party did look like it was a lot of fun! Glad it turned out good. I like your tradition of the Holiday Train; glad you didn't let the rain spoil your enjoyment of it!

betty