Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween is getting closer…

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in and fed the beasts and we did some personal-care and I got to take a nice long relaxing hot bath. As she was putting me in my chair we noticed that it was getting really warm outside, it was going to be 83° today. The Woofpack came to get Robby and he was ready to go as usual… He just loves hanging out with the pack! Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the wharf again and home. It was getting really hot so I had Theresa come in early to put me to bed to get out of the heat, eat and play cribbage with my aunt, my uncle and my mom. The photos on my Google glass worked totally uploaded so I left it plugged in for the day and of course it was beautiful outside. I relax and watch TV in my nice cool house until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was hot hot hot! Cindy came in and fed the creatures and then told me it was going to be 90° today so we decided to do all the shortcuts and get me up early so I can go to bed early. My aunt came over and took Robby next-door while they were working, he's limping a bit so I don't think I should take him out and I don't want him to see me leave with Dude. By the time I got outside Omar was already starting to carve the pumpkins, I just love his creations! Cindy came out and tried to draw a couple of faces on a couple of the pumpkins...This year we got really tall pumpkins and all of the patterns that I have are for short pumpkins. I had to keep coming inside and resting because it was so hot but Omar and Cindy braved it to the end, they are such troopers. Omar did some more decorating on the pergola and I think I'm that I have everything set up and ready to go by next Sunday. It sounds like my friend Elizabeth might come and if she does that means we will be able to go and get Lisa if she can make it so I'm excited! Theresa came in and put me to bed, I was really overheated. Then we should make me some killer tacos out of bison meat and they were really good! They were so good they just knocked me out because I didn't even hear her leave. I woke up and the end of the movie I rented, leather face, so I guess I'm going to have to watch it again.


















Wednesday was a busy hot day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I've been a little uncomfortable lately and I think it's because of the chocolate peppermint creamer that I have been using… Also, my blood sugar has been my morning. I wish I could just take a break from diabetes until after Halloween and Christmas, growing up I never did like sweets but of course, now that I can't have them anymore I crave them like crazy.  Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon and down to the wharf, I left Roby at home because he's been limping a little bit and because of the heat, he is going to be 10 next month and he's starting to show his age. I was thinking in my head that Rosa was coming back today but that's not what it said on my calendar so when Theresa asked me what time I wanted her to come in I was a little relieved to have her come in early because it was so hot out, usually on days like this I end up coming home early and then sitting around and waiting… I'm sure I could do something productive and I need to start doing that. Teresa picked me up in front of the wharf because I wanted to go to one of the nurseries and get some plants for the party on Sunday but it was way too hot so we just came home and she put me to bed. I had some bison meat so she made me salad wrap tacos and they were pretty darn good! Of course, I miss the tortilla but it was really good with the lettuce. She fed the boys and Penny and left for the day, it was nice to relax and watch TV and not have someone coming in and out of the room.







Thursday was another really hot day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby went off on a hike with his Woofpack so I was just Dude and I. We started to go through the lagoon but it looks like they have the trails blocked again, they were doing a lot of work over there and it looks really nice. I really wanted to go over and at least look at the wharf before my appointment downtown but there were too many detours so I just ended up cruising around town for a little while. My appointment with Carol went really fast, there's a lot more to say now that I'm seeing her every other week. I'm noticing my moods aren't as good as they used to be, I feel like I'm frustrated and stressed all the time and I really want to change that. She suggested a place downtown so I went to go check it out, mindfulness classes and classes that teach you to focus and better handle stress and frustration… usually, I find some way to talk myself out of it but this time I'm not. I'll give it a try.  We ended up cruising back home because it was just too hot so we practiced some commands, he is such a smart boy. Robby came home and we hung out in the driveway and in the house for a while, it got too cold inside so we went outside and then it got too hot outside… Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just watch TV and listen to some music.






Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a shower, no bath today because I wanted to get a cruise in with Robby before my physical therapy appointment at 11 AM. We ended up cruising down to Depot Park and back. My mom wasn't feeling well so Omar said he would drive us to the appointment and back, meanwhile the carved a couple more pumpkins and did a little bit more decorating for the party on Sunday. Nathan, my physical therapist, gave me some more exercises and we practiced swinging the ping-pong paddle and it felt pretty good, I'm pretty sure we're going to be playing ping-pong Sunday. We cruised back home and I took Dude out for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back… They were putting, even more, decorations and it looks awesome! Somebody made a bunch of headstones and of course, I didn't have my Google glass, I have to remember to go back there tomorrow and take pictures. Theresa met me at the wharf parking lot and we went shopping at Trader Joe's, I wanted to get some ghost shaped chips and some pumpkin salsa for the party on Sunday but they were all out of the ghost chips so I got some pumpkin flavored tortilla chips and Teresa said she would make some guacamole. We cruised back home and saw the awesome pumpkins that Omar carved, I don't think he even realizes how talented he is but he is. Karen finished up decorating and it looked amazing, I can't wait to take pictures of that tomorrow also. On Sunday Omar carved a couple of pumpkins and they look really awesome but being out in the heat the next couple of days make them sag so I think this time he put them in the refrigerator. Theresa fed the boys and Penny and put me to bed. She put away the stuff I had delivered from Costco and I had rotisserie chicken and a salad for dinner, my blood sugar is finally getting down to where it is supposed to be… I'm pretty sure it was the mocha peppermint coffee creamer. I watched a couple of movies on lifetime movie network and looked for some audiobooks in my library to listen to for the next couple of nights that might help me with all this stress and anxiety I have.




Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the gang so they would quiet down and then she fed me, I had half of a gluten-free cinnamon/raisin bagel, one scrambled egg, sun-dried tomato sausage and mango. She got me dressed and up in my chair and then she and Omar went to storage to get my chairs for the Halloween party tomorrow, I can't believe I almost forgot chairs. Cindy took me shopping up at new leaf market and then we went over to Safeway to get a couple more things and then she took me downtown to pick up the mini cupcakes and then dude and I took off for a cruise down to the wharf and Cindy took everything else and went back home. The weather was really nice and it was great to see all the new Halloween decorations on the wharf, they are really getting into it this year and it looks awesome! I ran into Bill, the guy that makes all the sand sculptures… He was walking around the wharf just having a nice relaxing day. On the way home I always stop by to see if dude wants to go to the bathroom on the grass in front of the Salvation Army, I wasn't paying attention as I came around the corner and my front left tire drove off the sidewalk into the dirt, about 3 inches. I kept trying to back my chair out but the tire was up against the sidewalk and wouldn't turn "great, now what do I do?" I tried a couple times but there was no way I was going to get a chair to back out of the planter. I texted Omar to see if he was still at my house and he said he had just left so I texted Karen to see if she was home, I wish I would have worded it a little better because I didn't mean to make her panic. I said that my tire fell off and I was stuck, my tire didn't actually "fall off" it just fell off the sidewalk, I didn't hear anything from Karen so I texted my aunt.  I tilted my chair back and try to look like I was just sitting there waiting for someone, I was so embarrassed. The Metro bus stopped in front of me at the bus stop and I heard someone say "are you waiting to get in that building or are you stuck?" I told him yes I managed to drive my chair off the sidewalk into the planter, he came over and studied everything for a minute and then said "I'm going to go behind you and pull you out" and he did, he must've been very strong because my chair is about 370 pounds. I thanked him profusely and he said you're welcome, got back on the bus and drove away. I sat there for a minute trying to collect my thoughts and I can see Karen coming down the street really fast and my amp was about 20 steps behind her. My aunt said that Karen came out of her house and took off down the street with a panicked look on her face and said "Tammie fell off the sidewalk" so my aunt went running after her, Andrew and Trish who were talking to my aunt and uncle jumped in their vehicle and headed down that way and when we got back my uncle had a bunch of tools in the back of his truck getting ready to come after me… He had some wood, a couple of different size crowbars and some bags of cement. It ended up not being that bad but it sure was nice that there were so many people willing to help… I have an awesome family, great friends, and neighbors. Sometimes I'm so clumsy, I don't know how I make it home every night. Yukio came back with Robby and I let the boys run up and down the driveway a couple times, I didn't really let them but they both seem to have a lot of energy so I just let them go. Theresa came in and fed the animals, put me to bed and then fit me. I had fish and a salad. I watched people's court for a while, listen to some music and sorted through my photos trying to decide which ones to add, crop or delete.




























 Sunday was a really great day! Cindy had the day off so Karen came in and fed the beasts, fed me and then got me up. I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and then I came back and got Dude and we went for a short cruise to Depot Park and back.  Trish and I decided to have a Halloween party so Karen stayed and set everything up in the yard, by the time I got back it looked really awesome. We decided to just have people where Halloween hats, bring a Halloween appetizer or dessert and a pumpkin to carve. Andree brought her three boys and Sasha from the support group came, the rest of the people I had met once before… Trish has such nice friends! We ate, carved, play table tennis and visited and I think everybody had a good time… I know I did. Teresa came in and put me to bed and I was out, I must've been really exhausted. When I woke up she was gone and the yard was cleaned up and everything was put away, I have the best care.

































































1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like all had a good time at your party, Tammie! Such great pumpkins that were carved!

betty