Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween is almost over…

Monday was a really great day! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby and he was sure excited to go, he just loves the pack. Karen got me up in my chair and Dude and I took off for a long cruise, through the lagoon, and down Westcliff Drive. I have been wanting to go to the end of Westcliff Drive to Natural Bridges Park and see the monarch butterflies, there supposedly thousands of them. We got down about three-quarters of the way and I decided to turn around, I'm not sure I trust this chair to make it all the way down and back… It's still really wobbly and squeaks every time I even breathe. We cruised down to the wharf and took some more pictures of the Halloween decorations, they did such a great job! We cruised back home to wait for Robby and the boys played in the yard for a while, they are so funny! They just run as fast as they can from one into the other, sometimes I'm afraid you're going to collide and get hurt but I have to trust that they know what they're doing. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I listened to one of my audible books and fell asleep.













































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I have an appointment with Dr. Owens for a physical exam, for some reason mandatory when you get a new chair… I guess they need proof after 22 years that I still need one? After the appointment, we went to Costco to get salmon, Caesar salad, baguettes, brie cheese and dessert for dinner… My friends Elizabeth and Marshall were coming over for dinner. We came back and I rested for a bit and then took Dude out for a cruise, I wanted to go downtown at 3 PM for a flash mob thriller dance but I missed it… I was cruising along Westcliff Drive and down to the end of the wharf and back and I looked at my cell phone and it was 3:30 PM so I just headed home. We hung out for a while and Marshall made a killer dinner, that guy can really barbecue. We turned the heater on the back porch and that's where we ate, we put a big bowl of Halloween candy on the front porch and every once in a while I can hear all the animated characters throw off and I knew there was somebody at the door. We didn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters which means I have a ton of candy left, also a ton of food that I got for the Halloween party. I keep saying that next time I'm not going to get as much but I was afraid there's not enough. Rosa texted me and asked if she could come in at 7 PM because it was her uncle's birthday and they were having a party for him at the cemetery, it was only 3 o'clock and I was already too cold to stay out and cruise around so I came home and just hung out for a while and watch TV. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out immediately, I was so tired.

















Wednesday was a pretty good day. I didn't get a massage this morning because I have an appointment to get my hair done and need to get out of here by noon. Karen came in and for the boys and the girl and then we did some personal care in a nice long hot relaxing bath. Marshall and Elizabeth were gone before I got up in my chair so I didn't get to say goodbye. Kent came by to give Robby and dude their bath, they always look so fluffy and shiny afterward. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon to the wharf, through Depot Park and back home. I got dude and we also went for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and then downtown for my appointment with Jessica. I was a little early so I was sitting out front and Jessica came out and asked me if I was ready, apparently, my appointment was at 12:45 PM and for some reason, I wrote down 1:45 PM… I usually double check all of my appointments and match them with the emails but I don't know what happened. Jessica started and did the color and one of her coworkers finished with the haircut. We started talking and I found out that she knows some people that I know, she lives in a disabled complex so the time went by fast because we have a lot to talk about. After my appointment, I cruised home and came in just as Rosa did so she fed the animals and put me to bed. She brought me a couple of tacos, I really shouldn't eat them but they were so good. I was really tired and fell asleep right away.










Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and we waited for a phone call from a technician at restorative therapies to try to set up my FES exercycle again, it got al out of whack when we moved all the furniture out to redo the floors. We look this thing over several times before calling for help and guess what was wrong with it?? There's a sliding bar on all four corners and the ones in the back got dropped down to its lowest level, all we had to do was raise it up and the whole thing tilted forward… I felt so stupid. We got a couple of other things straightened out and now I'm back in business and so excited. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park way down Westcliff Drive… Almost to the end and back down to the wharf. We headed home and waited for Rosa to come in and put me to bed, I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep.








































Friday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up after she fed the animals. My mom noticed last night that Robby's eyes were really swollen and he seemed really clingy like he was scared, I stayed awake most of the night with the TV off listening to see if he was having any problems breathing or I could hear anything. We gave Robby some Benadryl and I called the vet and we dropped Robby off before my mom drove us to Dominican rehab for my PT appointment, I really feeling a lot better since I started PT and Nathan gave me some exercises, we did the exercises and played a little bit of table tennis and I'm so excited about starting to exercise again. We stopped by the vets and picked up Robby on the way home, the vet said he definitely got into something or got stung or bit but he was out of danger so they gave him some medication and some foot wash so we can wash his feet every night for a while. Robby stayed here and rested while Dude and I went out for a cruise, through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and home. Theresa is coming in early to put me to bed so I can be nice and relaxed when my cousin Terrie comes to visit, my brother is picking her up on the way and they are going to stay for the weekend. I haven't seen my cousin for probably six years or so and I was so excited! We were always really close growing up and I even lived with them for a while and we always got along really great. Theresa put me to bed before they got here and we decided to order pizza, I know I shouldn't have pizza but it was so good. We talked for a while and then everybody was getting sleepy so we said good night and I was out, I woke up about 1 AM having a panic attack so I called my mom to come down and take off my night braces… Sometimes they give me a panic attack. I went to sleep after I calm down.









Saturday was a really great day. Cindy came in and after having a cup of coffee and a killer breakfast that my brother made, bagels, salmon and an egg on top. The Woofpack came and got Robby, he was looking and feeling much better and he was ready to go. After Cindy got me up my cousin and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. It was really nice to have some time to catch up with her, it has been way too long. My mom, Stanley, Terry and I went out to dinner at Lillian's Italian restaurant… I love this place! I had Parmesan crusted fish over polenta with spinach and roasted little tomatoes and it was awesome! Stanley had lasagna, Terry had pasta and broccoli and my mom had carbonara and of course, everybody loved what they had. We came back home and Theresa put me to bed and I watch Dr. Phil until I fell asleep.


















 Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and she was starting to get me up when Stanley came in with another one of his killer breakfasts, omelet, bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon and BACON, I think this was the best bacon I have ever had. I got up and Stanley, Terrie, Robby, Dude and I cruised down Westcliff Drive to natural bridges beach and then down to Natural Bridges State Park to see the monarch butterflies… There were thousands and thousands and it was awesome, I forgot was the weekend so I was really crowded and my glass wasn't working right so maybe I'll try to come back sometime this week when there are not so many people. I get really nervous with a lot of people around and did some wood path and there no rails or anything so one wrong move and I could drive off the boardwalk. It really is a beautiful drive! We got back and hung out in the driveway for a while and then Theresa came in and put me to bed and we ate, mostly leftovers and it was really good. Stanley and Terrie left to go home, it was such a nice visit and hopefully, my cousin will come back soon and more often. I watched ninety-day fiancé until I fell asleep.



































1 comment:

betty said...

Glad that Robbie seems to be doing better and his eye problems are clearing up. Yum on all the delicious food you mentioned! We had 59 trick or treaters (I counted them). I was afraid we were going to run out of candy so I sent hubby to the store for more candy, only to have around 8 p.m. it suddenly dried up and we didn't get any more trick or treaters. Luckily he took the candy to work.

betty