Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter week...


Monday was a good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath, I thought about staying in bed because the Woofpack came over to get Robby for his weekly hike. Staying in bed always sounds like a good idea in the morning but I always regret it in the afternoon, especially when it's so beautiful outside, so I decided to get up and go for a cruise by myself… I'm glad I did! I just cruised around the wharf for a while and then over to the boardwalk where I wanted to meet Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck, last year Robby got his picture taken with Shaggy and Scooby Doo. I saw Bugs Bunny and got a couple of pictures but I never did see Daffy duck, maybe next time. Then I headed home so I would be here when Robby got back. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched TV until he fell asleep.
































Tuesday was another good day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and then took my van over to ocean Honda to get its six-month checkup, they got it done really fast so we decided to go over to Costco and get what I needed was a whole bunch more… That's why I try not to go there anymore, I usually have a shopper go for me from Envoy. I was totally out of fruit so I got blueberries, bananas, apples, cantaloupe and avocados. I also got some already cooked ribs, rotisserie chicken and a Caesar salad. While I was there I got some pizza, I never had Costco pizza but I heard it was really good… It was really good! Rosa called and said that they asked her to work overtime every day job so I told her I would just see her when she got here, she got here around 8 PM I should've one out And cruised around for a while. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell asleep immediately, I woke up a little bit later and watch some TV and then went back to sleep.







Wednesday turned out to be a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, both hands on and brush massage. The brush massage is supposed to be good for circulation and lymphedema. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a bath and she got me up. It was supposed to rain so I didn't take Robby to the support group at Dominican rehab, it ended up not raining and it turned out to be a really nice day. After the support group I had an appointment with Karen to test the muscles on my arms with electrodes for the exercycle… I think it went well. I cruised home and Robby met me at the door, I felt bad not taking him because it turned out to be a nice day but I just didn't know. I also didn't take my Google glass for the same reason, I really thought it was going to rain. It's exactly 5 miles to go to Dominican rehab and back. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched TV for a little bit and drifted off to sleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day but a little cold. Karen came in and got me up and I started cruising down through Depot Park when I remembered I had an appointment downtown with my psychologist at 11 AM so we turned around and cruised down town. I haven't seen Carol for two weeks so I had a lot to say and it went by fast. I cruised down to the wharf and tilted back to rest for a bit, it was a little cold but felt really good in the sun. I saw a bunch of birds in the water, not the regular birds I see at the wharf… I don't know what they are but I took a bunch of pictures of them. I cruised back through Depot Park and tilted back there for a while trying to soak up some sun. I headed down Soquel Drive for my appointment with Jennifer for my facial, I hadn't seen her for about five weeks and I'm pretty fuzzy so was really nice to see her… It's always nice to see her! On the way back I wanted to go down to the wharf again but my phone was dead and my chair was dying so I just came on home. Luckily my mom was here because my phone was dead and I didn't have the app to unlock the door. Rosa called and said she was having her taxes done and she was number 10 in line, why do people wait until the last day? I try to get mine done as soon as possible and like January or February. She finally made it here and put me to bed and I was out.









Friday was a pretty good day, the weather has been really nice and it's so great to get out. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise, it's still a little wet and muddy to go through the lagoon so we cruised through Depot Park and over to the wharf.  I go through Depot Park at least once a day and I noticed this one guy from Parks and Recreation that has been there for the past several months, is always very sweet and polite and has the cutest smile. Usually I get to know the people that are working there and then they move on to somewhere else, I guess they move everybody around periodically… Everybody I have met there so far is really nice. It was nice to get up and out really early for a change, Karen came in at 6 AM and I was going to stay in bed because my afternoon caregiver wanted to come in at 1 PM so she could go to church with her family. I'm so glad I didn't stay in bed, we had a nice little cruise but I didn't want to go farther than the wharf because sometimes I lose track of time and forget that I'm supposed to come home… It's so beautiful out! I ran into Omar on the wharf and visited with him for a while, he was just getting back to work after a long vacation. I love this weather because everybody is so happy and friendly. I cruised back home and Meaghan put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it's really great to not only get up and be able to cruise around but to get back in bed early enough to watch TV, relax and have some alone time.





















Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and over to the wharf,  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date, he was so excited to go. I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and I was headed over to the boardwalk to see Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck when my brother texted me and said that him and his wife were here, they were coming down for Easter. I told him I was cruising home but they wanted to come down to the wharf and meet me so I talked to the security officer, Kevin, for a while until I got there text… He is such a sweet man. I met up with Stanley and Janet and we cruised down to the end of the wharf, it was a perfect day and it was nice to just sit and visit for a while. We headed back home so we can be there when Robby got back from his play date.  Omar came by and built a ramp so Robby can use the doggy door, we closed it up while he was working because he needs to be able to go to the bathroom on command but now that he's getting older you might need to go in the middle of the night and I don't want him to wait. The ranch looked amazing! Everything Omar does looks great, he is such a talented man and I'm so lucky to have found him. We visited for a while until Meaghan came into put me to bed. While I was being put to bed Janet went to the store to get dinner and my mom and Stanley went to take an Easter basket to Helen, she ended up in the hospital with a broken or fractured hip and is now in a care facility where she doesn't have to be alone. She has macular degeneration and shouldn't be alone anyways but lives in an independent complex it is pretty much afraid to do anything. She has where she needs to be now. Stanley barbecued some steaks and asparagus and Janet made baked potatoes and a salad, it was awesome! I haven't had a steak and baked potato for a long time and it tasted so good! We play cribbage for a while and then everybody went to bed.

























Sunday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and got me up and I wanted to take Robby for cruise before it started raining, it was supposed to rain at 11 AM but luckily it didn't. We got in a really nice cruise and just as I was headed home it started pouring, my mom texted me and asked if I wanted them to come and get me and I said yes. I probably wouldn't of thought about it and would have cruised home in the rain if she hadn't texted me. We came back and I watched TV for a while but I really wanted to go back out and cruise around, I was waiting for the rain… I kept checking. It looks like light rain so I decided to cruise back down to the wharf, I left Robby here so you wouldn't get wet. A little drizzle isn't bad until you're out in it for a while, I was getting pretty wet so turned around down in the Depot Park parking lot. If I stay in the home and in bed I'm fine and I'm relaxed but if I have to stay home and I'm in my chair I get really antsy. We had a really nice Easter dinner, my aunt and uncle were going to join us but my uncle got really sick with pneumonia… They wanted to admit him to the hospital but of course you wouldn't go so they gave him a huge shot and some really strong penicillin pills. It would've been nice to have them here but he is so thoughtful, he was worried about getting me sick. My aunt came over and got a plate for both of them and they just watched movies, they hardly ever just sit around and do nothing but this weekend they have no choice… It's really hard to keep my uncle down. I got a honeybaked ham and Janet made funeral potatoes, they call them funeral potatoes because that's what they make when somebody passes away. They're made of hashbrowns and a lot of cheese, they are killer! My aunt brought over some asparagus from her garden so we had that also plus roles and a salad, it was an awesome dinner! My mom, Stanley and Janet went across the street to play cards while Meaghan put me to bed. They came back over with carrot cake but I had already brushed my teeth, plus I really didn't need it… Although it would've been great with some coffee. Stanley and Janet took off for home and I watch TV for a while until I fell asleep. What a great weekend!  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because I didn't want my Google glass to get wet, there is no warranty anymore. Happy Easter everyone!!

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounds like you had a nice Easter Day and a delicious meal, Tammie! How fun too to see Bugs Bunny right before Easter :)

betty