Sunday, April 30, 2017

A pretty slow week of not so nice weather…

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in to train Theresa, Theresa worked for me several months back but called in sick too much when her daughter was sick and I just couldn't do it, it's really scary to get up in your chair and then not have anybody to put you back to bed. She said she really needed some work and she promised she would do better. It was nice to see her, we always worked really well together and she's really nice to hang around with. We did some personal care, she remembered how to do that, and of course the nice long hot bath. Putting me in my chair is what she needed training with because before she did the evenings and all you had to do was just toss me back into bed, getting me into my chair is a little more precise… The Woolpack came to get Robby so after I got out Riggy and I went for cruise through the lagoon, we were going to go up through the park but they were doing a lot of pruning around the lagoon and in some places it's not very wide so we turned around and went back to cruise downtown. I haven't just cruised up and down downtown for a long time, it was really nice. I was leaning back to rest when I looked at my Google glass and noticed it was 2:45 PM, they bring will be back anywhere between 3 PM and 4 PM so I better head home. This day went by so fast. I got home and we hung out in the front yard for a while until the guy brought Robby back from his day camp. I talked to the guy for a while, he's pretty cool and pretty knowledgeable. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and then fed me. I didn't last too much longer after that.




















Tuesday was a pretty good day although still cold. Cindy came in and got me up and we went shopping, to the quilt store and then back home to put the groceries away. We cruised over to Dominican Hospital to visit with Lisa, Riggy was so glad to see her he was visibly shaking, such great love! We visited for a while and then Lisa son Justin came in and Riggy just lost it again… It's so heartwarming to see such a deep love. We visited for a while longer and then came home and rested for a bit and then I decided to take the boys down to the wharf and back. I got down to Depot Park and it was getting really cold so I turned around to come back, as I was crossing the street I saw something on the ground and as I got closer I could see its Riggy's vest… I'm so glad I didn't lose it or didn't get torn up in the street. That is the second time that his vest has fallen off when we were out alone. I had Robby pick it up and put it on my lap and we cruised home. Rosa came in and fed the boys and put me to bed. I've been trying this new essential oil, you put it on your toe and I swear it knocks me out right away.

Wednesday was a pretty good day, a little cold. I didn't get a massage today because we were supposed to train Theresa but she texted me and said that she was not going to be able to do it, I hate it when that happens. We went ahead and did the personal care and the bath and I just got up and took the boys for a really long cruise. Everybody must've been out today, I ran into a lot of people. I think I said this before but I don't have a lot of friends but I do have a LOT of acquaintances, sometimes I'm running into people all day long no matter where I go that I know because I ran into them a million more times. It's just a quick hello and how you doing and I love that. Cruising around with my speaker and my dogs… It's heaven! We cruised in the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back and to the end of the wharf and back. We came home and rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to fed the boys and put me to bed. I got a new massager so she massaged my neck and shoulders for a while and boy did they feel better, I put the heating pad on, cedarwood essential oil on my to and I was out.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I left the boys here with her while she put away the Easter decorations and I cruise downtown for my appointment with my psychologist.  My uncle and aunt got a new truck, it's really nice. It has been a very frustrating and stressful week so I really had a lot to say, as usual Carol made me feel better and pointed out what I need to do differently. I think I'm doing so much better and then I have a week like this and sometimes I think I just don't know what to do anymore, I hate this cycle. Today is my mom's birthday so I wanted to take the boys for cruise before my mom, my uncle, my aunt and my brother Stanley went to Lillian's Italian restaurant for dinner. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the wharf and then home to rest for a bit. Stanley got here and we all loaded up in the van and headed over to Lillian's, I had heard from several people that it was really good and my mom loves Italian food so we decided to give it a try. We parked and noticed to the right a car drove through the bike rack, through a parking sign and into the side of the building. It had just happened in the fire truck was there but I didn't see anybody around, I heard the sirens… The ambulance is on the way. We try to ignore it and go inside to eat, I really wanted to take a picture but I felt awkward so I didn't. Dinner was amazing! Stanley and I had Panko crusted codfish over garlic mashed potatoes with asparagus and we split and arugula, Gorgonzola and beet salad… It was pretty close to the best meal I have ever had. My uncle had lasagna, my aunt had something with prawns and my mom had pasta with bacon… Everybody loved what they had and ate it all, except for my uncle who had bypass surgery and can't eat very much. On the way out I took some pictures of the aftermath of the crash. We came home and visited in the living room for a while until Rosa and Cindy came in with a beautiful plant for my mom for her birthday. Rosa put me to bed and we were going to play cards but my aunt never answered me when I texted her, I think they both fell back to sleep… They were asleep when I texted them before dinner. I watch TV until I fell asleep.














 Friday was a really great day! Karen came in and got me up and Stanley made a killer breakfast before Stanley and I took the boys out for cruise. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, I want Stanley to see the progress on the boardwalk so we cruise down there and checked it out, they have done a lot since last time I was there… I haven't been down there for a couple of days. On our way back through Depot Park there was a gentleman standing outside the parks and recreation building and he asked me if I would be interested in wheelchair table tennis, I have been wanting to try that for a long time. We went in just to check it out and next thing I know they have a paddle strapped on my hand, the guy is giving me pointers and they are trying to figure out what I need to do with my chair in order to be in this tournament… The guy said I was basically in. It was really fun and I'm really excited although my social anxiety kicked in and I was trying to think of excuses to get out of there, I hate when I do that. Then all the way home I try to think of excuses why I can't go back next weekend but I really want to, I'm just going to do it. We came back and Stanley took my mom to the mall to do some shopping while I went out for another cruise, it was so beautiful… I left the boys here because I think I was a little too hot for them. I came back and hung out in the yard with the boys for a while before Meaghan came into put me to bed, I could tell she had something on her mind. Her and her boyfriend are moving over the hill because traveling back and forth is just too much for them so she wanted to give me her notice, she said she will work through May. She put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, Stanley brought home some KFC… It was so good. Before I left Karen told me about this series on Netflix called 13 reasons why so I started watching it and didn't really want to stop but I had to, it's only one season… 13 episodes.





Saturday was a really nice day. Stanley left to Uber his way home.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his play date, it's just Riggy and I today. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I and got me up and she took me and the boys over to see Lisa in the rehab facility. When we got there her mom was there so I got to meet her. She was so glad to see Riggy and Riggy was equally as glad to see her, it's always such a really cute reunion… So much love! We hung out for a while until they kicked us out so she could take a shower and go to therapy. She is looking better and better each time. I had Cindy drop me off at depot Park because I didn't have very much time but I wanted to go to the wharf and back before it was time for them to drop off Robby. The boys played in the yard for a little bit before Meaghan came in to feed us and put me to bed. Tricia texted me so we could pick a day to get together and barbecue, we picked a day and I'm excited!












Sunday was another really nice day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took the boys for a nice long cruise, the weather was gorgeous! We cursed the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back… I haven't done that cruise for a long time and I almost forgot how beautiful Santa Cruz is. I texted Meaghan on my way home, the battery on my chair was dying so I had no choice. She came in early and fed the boys and I and put me to bed. It was nice to relax and watch TV for a while.




























1 comment:

betty said...

You did have a fun and interesting week, Tammie. The birthday dinner for your mom, the food sounded delicious! Love all the pictures, especially the bottom two with the boys relaxing and sleeping!

betty