Monday, December 15, 2014

A few days of nice sunshine…

 Monday was another day stuck in bed while it was beautiful outside. Karen took Robby to the vet for me because he's scratching his ear again, another ear infection. She came back with about five different pills and an ointment so here we go again… Karen decorated some more of the living room while Omar set up some more decorations outside, I cannot wait to get up and see everything. I liked the scarf hanging idea so much that I think I'm going to buy two more yardsticks and have them do the same way on the inside of the spare bedroom closet. I got some rulers and I'm going to help him do the same thing on the sidewall behind my bedroom door to hang My Hat's on.  I call the insurance carrier of the lady okay my chair AGAIN, I have been calling since September 26th at least once or twice a day and nobody is answering the call. I also called and got the ladies supervisor and I called her several times and still nobody gets back to me, I'm very frustrated and I don't know what else to do. I filled out forms that were on their website and I haven't heard back from that either. The damage to my chair was just over $2000 but Medicare pay for all but $300, that's what I had to pay out of my pocket and that's what I need to get back from this insurance,. It's not enough to hire an attorney and nobody else will help me. I filed the complaint with the Better Business Bureau but I don't know what good that's going to do. I just don't know what to do and it's very frustrating. Rosa came in and got Robby and I something to eat and gave me a really nice bed Bath and washed my hair, that's as good as it gets for now but very welcome. This evening I hosted a jamberry nail party on Facebook, only my second one but I still find it hard to follow. I do like the fact that I can do everything from my bed and these nails are pretty cool.

Tuesday was a pretty good day you are stuck in bed AGAIN. Lisa came in and fed Robby and I and put me on my side of the rest of the day, same old routine. She took some pictures of the Christmas decorations, it is so exciting every year to see them grow up… Everybody does such a great job. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and rolled back on my butt for the night, it seems like all I do is eat and roll. Omar came in to take pictures of the lights at night for me, it looks amazing… He is so creative!























Wednesday… Well guess what?? Yep you guessed it… Another day in bed. I was getting really frustrated and concerned because all of his time in bed and it looks like my son was getting worse. Visiting nurse came out Monday and said "I think we need to call the wound care nurse to come out"… Are you kidding me?? I am no expert but when somebody needs a visiting nurse because they have a wound when you immediately sent out a wound care nurse?? I'm just glad they finally decided to send one out. Rosa came in and got Robby and I something to eat and set me back up.
Thursday was a pretty good day. I met  the wound care nurse Chris, very knowledgeable! She even showed us a secret to taking off Calmoseptine, a very thick cream that protects your skin. It just comes right off with baby oil, makes sense now that I think about it.  The wound care nurse cleaned up my pressure sore and it didn't look as bad as it did even a couple days ago, finally progress. Teresa came in this morning so that Karen would not have to take the bus here from San Jose, there was supposed to be a huge storm… The biggest one in over five years. It really stormed like crazy, it didn't seem so bad inside the house but looking at all the pictures that were posted was pretty scary. She finished putting up the Christmas decorations, there are still some that need to go on the tree but hopefully everything will be up and ready by the end of this week. I thought I would be stuck in bed for a long time but not only do I get to get up on Saturday but I think I might be done with all of this by the end of next week, I am so excited! I have been meeting to go to Costco for a long time and even though it will be very crowded I'm just so glad to get out of here… I know Robby will be also.  Teresa found Robby's Christmas outfits, he looks so cute although I know he doesn't like it very much… He's a good sport! Rosa  came in so we showed her what the wound care nurse showed us, and so excited about this new system.




Friday went by really fast, I like that! Karen came in and finish decorating the tree in the living room, I forgot to help her take pictures. We did some personal care and I got to take a shower over the bathtub, it felt so good! I watched a movie called The Normal Heart and it was a really good movie… Very sad but very good. Shaun came in and made me some potstickers with garlic and rice vinegar, they were so good. Teresa found Robby's Christmas outfits and boy was he thrilled… Not…It looks like a cat adopted us, there were three of them but two disappeared but one keeps hanging around, she's really cute but really vocal. She won't come in the house or in the garage which is good.




Saturday was a great day. I got up… Yes I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the wharf and back and then Lisa took me to Costco, I had been for so long that we filled up the basket really quick and have to go back on Tuesday to get the rest of what I need. The sun was out and it was a gorgeous day, was nice to be out again with Google glass taking pictures. I came back and Omar was putting together my shoe storage cabinets, he didn't like the way it will and he was very cranky by the time he left… He's such a perfectionist. I know he could have done a way better job but these cabinets were on sale for half price so I thought I would give them a go. Teresa came by and we ordered some Chinese food and ate way too much. She put me to bed at the rest of the evening I watched Christmas movies, every year I say that I'm going to but I never do so this year I'm going to do it.















Sunday was an okay day, it was nice and restful because I got to get out on Saturday. Lisa came in and put me on my side and took Robby for a cruise, she likes to jog so Robby was happy. Teresa came in and perhaps Derby sliders and onion rings for me, Derby sliders have bacon bits and Gorgonzola cheese… Super yummy. We did some personal care and I was out before she left.

1 comment:

betty said...

The cat looks cute and inquisitive :) All such cute decorations, Tammie; very festive at your house! We did have lots of rain here too from the storm last week and more rain expected tomorrow and Wednesday :)

I'm glad you had a chance to get out and spend a few days not in bed. I hope there will be more days like that ahead, especially as Christmas day appraoches!

betty