Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The G.I. Dr.

I couldn’t believe it when I read last night that Billy Mays, the Oxy clean guy, had passed away. Every time I saw a commercial I wished that he wasn’t so loud that he would shut up and now I feel bad for thinking that.

Today I had an appointment with a G.I. Dr., actually a physician’s assistant and it looks like I get to have my first colostomy at the end of the month, I have NEVER heard anything good about that but it is a necessary evil and I won’t have to worry about it for another 10 years.

When I got back from my appointment I had a nice little surprise, Yoda was waiting for me. I have not seen Yoda for about four days and I kind of missed the little guy. I saw Cassidy and her boyfriend when I went to the boardwalk and then I saw Alex and Aki when I went to the wharf and I told them that I missed having Yoda a round so please feel free to bring him by instead of him being alone.

My yard is really starting to look awesome, everything is blooming and growing like crazy. Patrick came by today and yesterday and said that he would plant the vine that Teresa got me last month, it is called a Ruby Star Mandevilla. I saw one when we were at the nursery and I loved it so she went back and got it for me. There are some fruit trees along the back fence and is going to look beautiful planted in the corner and growing behind them.

2 comments:

betty said...

I need to have one of those tests since I'm over 50 but I'm postponing it as long as possible; I hear the prep is worse than the actual procedure

I'm glad you got to spend some time with Yoda!

enjoy your Fourth, Tammie

betty

ocmist said...

Are you talking about a colonoscopy, Betty? I don't think it's the same thing...

Good luck, sweetie! I'll be praying for you! Will you be down long from the procedure? I hope not! Linda (OC's Mom)from Country Corgis