Thursday, March 17, 2022

Mom is moving to Oregon…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. VNA physical therapy LeAnne came in, and I rode the bike for another five minutes; I can't wait to get where I'm up to, write it at least half an hour, and get my old tired body into excellent shape. After she left, I cruised down to Sutter to drop off some paperwork that I needed Dr. Owens to sign, I got down, and there was nobody there. I stood in line for a while, a lady was working on the computer, but she didn't even look up… Finally, I kept clicking the joystick hoping she would notice me, but she didn't. I eventually cruised up to her and said, "is anybody working around here today?" And she said, "no, this is a holiday." I wish somebody would've told me that before I cruised down here. There was a nice little run for Dude and me. At least Dude got a nice little cruise, and the weather wasn't too bad. Rachel came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, put me to bed, then fed me. The realtor used for Organ called me to tell me that I didn't finish all of the paperwork, but he went online while I was there and said everything was done. I watched 90-day fiancé, Darcy, and Stacy and then listened to some music before falling asleep.




 Tuesday was a pretty nice day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me a light breakfast, and then while she dropped off my van to get maintenance done, I took Dude for a cruise through the faux Park, down to the end of the wharf and back. Rosa came over for lunch, I got some chicken noodle soup and some artichoke bread from Pescadero, and we had a really lovely time. Before they left, they went up to say goodbye to my mom; this is probably the last time Rosa will see my mom as she is moving to Oregon on Friday with all of her stuff. After they left, Rachel fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed, and fed me. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, Rachel goes over to Cabrillo and is learning English… She has to be out of here by 5:30 PM to get to her class on time. The rest of the evening, I looked up houses for sale in Salem, Oregon. I watched some TV shows, listened to music, and edited pictures until I fell asleep.

 Wednesday was a good day. Susan came in and gave me a really needed hour massage. Karen came in and fed the hungry little hound, fed me, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. VNA Lily came by to discharge me; she found out that I've had loose bowels and my bladder is leaking through my SP tube, so she will call my urologist and see what he wants to do. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair, and I took off with Dude to drop off some papers from Prudential for my doctor to sign so I can send into them; it's paperwork that I have to fill out every two or three years, so they can know I'm still a quadriplegic. Stanley hired a crew to load all of the mom's stuff in a rental truck to drive all of her belongings to Oregon and get it set up before she gets there; he's leaving first thing in the morning, and Kelly will drive my mom up on Friday. Since there's nothing in her place anymore, she stayed across the street at my aunt's house. The visiting nurse talked to my urologist, and he sent her back here to get a urine sample; they think I have another UTI. By the time we got all of this squared away, it was time for Rachel to come in, so the poor Dude didn't get much of cruise today; I guess he did because going down to the doctor's office and back is about 6 miles, so I feel better. I kicked back and watched TV for a while; what a hectic day! Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, then fed me. She buzzed around, did some cleaning and sweeping, and then left to go to her Spanish class; she's doing really good… Now I want to take Spanish. I watched a movie, listened to some music, wrote in my blog before falling asleep.





 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and got me dressed up in my chair. We are getting together our trip to Oregon. My cousin Debbie was going to go, but she couldn't make it, it would've been such a fun trip with her. Dave and Adriana will take turns driving while Dude and I sleep in the back; I hope we sleep because it makes the trip faster. I cruised around Santa Cruz with thoughts of not being able to cruise around Santa Cruz anymore; it makes me really sad. I have met some fantastic people, and I love this place so much; I'm moving to a place where the weather is more extreme. On the other hand, I miss being around family, and I want to watch the kids grow up and get closer. I cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home. I kicked back and watched TV for a while until Rachel came in. She fed the hungry mongrel, put me to bed, and then fed me. I spent the rest of the evening looking at all of the homes I put in my favorite places to see which ones I would like to see in person. I stopped briefly every once in a while to play candy crush and then looked at houses again until I fell asleep.






Friday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and brought her dog Ori, Ori is the sweetest thing, and she just adores her mom. She gave me an hour massage, and it sure felt great, everything hurts, but I know that will pass. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, got me something to eat, then we did the personal care and a nice hot bath… I can't wait to get my lift fixed to retake a bath. Karen got me dressed and in my chair, and I cruised down to Palo Alto medical foundation to get my paperwork, I brought it back, and my aunt got it already and mailed it out for me… That was a huge relief! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my mom, but she is on her way to Oregon; I hope she makes the trip and doesn't have too hard of a time. Depending on how she feels, it could take them up to two days to get there; they might have to stop at a hotel or two to rest. By the time I got home, Rachel was already dust mopping the floor; she put me to bed, fed Dude, fed me, and then unpacked some boxes. After her shift, she went home, and I just watched TV, listened to music, looked at some more property in Oregon before I fell asleep.







 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy put out some tables and snacks in the driveway for the CCI puppy play date, we haven't had one for a while, and I'm really looking forward to this one. I will mention to the girls that I will be moving to Oregon; I feel like it will happen if I say it out loud. The girls got here one by one, and the puppies had such a good time; while the puppies played, we usually got together in a circle and checked. Luckily I remembered to take some pictures and videos. My camera was more or less at a good angle, usually from driving around; the vibration of the wheelchair makes the camera aimed down too much. We lost all track of time, and then it seems like one person realizes what time it is and says, "oh no, I got to go," and everybody clears out right after them. After they leave, I like to have Dude go around and pick up all the toys and put them back in the toy basket; he's getting pretty good at it. After everybody left, Dude and I took a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. I kicked back for a while and watched TV until Rachel came in. She fed the starving pup, put me to bed then fed me. She did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up the porches outside, did a couple of other things, and then went home for the evening. Adriana came over to finalize plans for our trip to Oregon, she agreed to go, and I am so relieved… I can't imagine trying to stay there all week and training a caregiver to get me up and put me to bed. I'm so excited! I watched ninety-day fiancé and then fell asleep watching a movie.













 Sunday was a regular Sunday day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then we went over what we are going to need to take on our trip to Oregon. Luckily I found an old packing for vacation list on my computer, and we had to cross out a few things, but it's perfect! Unfortunately, my cousin, Debbie, is not going to get to go, so it will be my little brother Dave, Adriana and me. I'm so glad that Adriana decided to come along; I feel safe and secure with her! My aunt came over several times while Cindy was here and said that she did not want Nico to stay at his house and she didn't want anybody to stay there with him; I remember when all the kids used to love to hang out at my aunt's house… I guess she's forgotten how fun they are to watch! The clever little minds and the goofy things that they do! We're starting to get everything cleaned up so that when I get back, we can start getting this place ready to sell if that's what we decide to do. We will be there for seven days, and I can't wait to see everybody together! She and Adriana packed up a bunch of stuff from the bedroom; I can't believe I might sell my perfect forever home… I watch TV all day and play candy crush; try not to think about the trip or the possibility of selling this place. Before the girls wash Dude bed, I always asked them to please vacuum it off at the vacuum cleaner and then roll it with the lint roller, but I think sometimes people just get to doing stuff real fast and forget, this is what happens to my washing machine when they don't do that. The spare bedroom is already looking pretty good. Rachel came in and fed the hungry little guy and then took him out for a nice little cruise around Santa Cruz. When she got back, she got me something to eat, did some light housekeeping, and then went home for the evening. It's really nice to have my brother stay here, first Stanley and now Dave. I watched TV for a while and tried to catch up on my blog because I knew it would be a while, and I have a hard time remembering what I did from day to day anymore. If it wasn't for the pictures on the calendars, I wouldn't remember at all, oh, and the caregiving log. I watched a movie before I fell asleep.




No comments: