Monday, February 28, 2022

Talking about selling this place??

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup, fit me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and down to Cowell Beach; it was so beautiful, but unfortunately, by the time I got down there, my camera must've been loose, and all you could see mainly was the sky; I get so frustrated when I get all the way down there that I can't take pictures… Even though I already have probably thousands and thousands of scenery. We cruised down to the end of the wharf; maybe I'll see someone that I know, and I can ask them to aim my camera… After talking to two or three people, I usually remember this and start cruising again. I swear my memory is just getting ridiculous anymore. I feel like I'm losing it, and I can't remember anything, but there is a lot of stress and frustration going around these days. We cruised back home just to meet Katrin; here, Katrin sold me my house back in 2007, and I remember she was always so lovely and patient. I've run into her two or three times since then. I asked her to talk to me about the options with my house when I moved to Oregon; my first choice was to rent upstairs to Omar and air B&B the downstairs and have Omar property manager for me; another option is to just rent out both places for enough to make my mortgage payment. My mind is so cluttered right now I can't even think about making a decision, but it needs to be done. Katrin did give me some excellent advice, and she's going to set me up with a property management service and a service that will tell you what's involved with air B&Bs. Rachel came in and fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, then fed me. She washed a couple of clothes, cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then home. I listen to some music while editing my pictures; I am almost caught up on my blog… Finally!! I started to watch another series on Apple TV watched a couple episodes of 90-day fiancé and Darcy and Stacy before I fell asleep.


























 Tuesday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fit Dude, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Whenever I have to deal with any situation that involves numbers, I almost always screw it up, I am so dyslexic, and when people start talking about numbers, my mind just freaks out and wants to run… I even have problems trying to schedule appointments on my calendar. I usually freak out and have to run it through my mind several times and then try to get it on the calendar, checking back and forth way too many times. It's usually easy because I know that appointments nowadays are about an hour, so why did I schedule my breast ultrasound at 11 AM and then my appointment with Jennifer at noon?? Then I always tensed up and stressed out until the end of the day when it all seemed to turn out good. I did a mammogram a couple of weeks ago, and they said there was something on my left breast, so they wanted me to come back in for the ultrasound. The technician was really excellent and sweet, she did the ultrasound and then went to go make sure the doctor looked at it, and when they both came back in the room with their hands behind their backs, I freaked out, the doctor was a big guy, and he looked me right in the eyes and said… "I hear you have the most adorable dog?" He said that everything looked fine, and we all had a good laugh. We got dressed and made it to Capitola for my appointment with Jennifer at exactly noon; like I said, there's always a big rush and a bunch of frustration, and it always turns out fine. Cindy always tells me that even. After my appointment with Jennifer, we decided to go by the picnic basket and get a couple of sandwiches and a salad and take it home to eat. When I got home, I ate about half of my sandwich, and then my mom asked me to meet them in the living room for a family meeting. We have been trying to get my mom to move to Oregon; she will have lots of reliable families to help her; I always knew that I would eventually end up there, so I've been looking for a forever place to live up. Now more than ever, everybody is really pushing me to sell or rent this place out and rent up there until our home is made accessible. My mom didn't sound very good, she was a little shaky, and her coughing sounded horrible. I can't even imagine how awful she feels, and it breaks my heart! She decided she better go back upstairs, and Rachel came in to feed the hungry hound, put me to bed, then feed me. She buzzed around it did something; usually, I don't pay much attention to what goes on around me once I'm in front of my computer and TV. I have to start by playing a couple of games of candy crush… That usually ends in about an hour. Then I try to edit some pictures and catch up on my blog. I don't really go on social media that much anymore, sometimes just to see if there are any messages and if I see something funny, I need to post. Karen sent me a couple of pictures of her other client's new cats, one of them looked just like Penny… I thought a penny for the rest of the evening. I was never a cat person, but she stole my heart. I'm trying to get more into audiobooks, documentaries, and series that I haven't seen before. I also try to watch a movie before I go to bed. Then I was out.




 Wednesday was a long day. Karen came in and fed Dude fed me, then we got started with some personal care and a bath. The baths aren't the greatest until my lift gets fixed, but they are definitely better than a shower. I decided to go back to bed; it was a long day, and if I did get up, there would only be for like an hour or so, and then Rachel will be here. The visiting nurse came in and said that she has done all that she can do for me, so they're going to discharge me; I am good with that because now, at least, we know what to do. Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound and then took him for a nice long walk. She returned and got me something to eat, clean up, and then home. I just watched TV the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.

 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Dude, fed me, got me dressed then up in my chair. The visiting PT came in, and I got to ride my exercise cycle; I can't wait until I can ride this at least every other day. She said there was nothing else that she could do for us, so she discharged me from the PT part of my visiting nurses. I hope to keep this going and make it my new way of life. I took Dude out for a bit of cruise through the ballpark, to Cowell beach, down to the end of the wharf, and then back home. My mom wanted to have a family meeting, she has decided to move her and her stuff in with my brother and sister-in-law in Oregon until we find a permanent place. It makes me feel good because although I will miss her dearly, she should be up there with the bulk of the family and the new babies… I know she can't wait to meet the new babies! I texted Omar to see if he wanted to rent my mom's place upstairs, I know he's trying to bring his wife and baby boy over from Mexico, and it will be a significant relief to already have a place to get them to. I offered Karen first, but she said that she and her husband would probably move over the hill when I moved away. This is all been a lot to take in in a little bit of time; I tuned him to know how I feel about it yet. Rachel came in, put me to bed after she fed the hungry knucklehead, then fed me. She played in the yard with Dude for a while; I felt bad he didn't get much of a cruise today. She cleaned up and went off to her class, and I started watching a series on Apple, but I don't remember what it was because I wasn't really watching it; I couldn't concentrate on anything except a mindless game of candy crush. Eventually, I fell asleep.

















 Friday was a good day. Susan came in and gave me an hour massage; it feels good to get a massage again… I think it will take a while before my body gets to where it doesn't hurt all the time again, and the rate will be worth it. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot inflatable bathtub bath. She put me back to bed, got me dressed then up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depo Park, over to Cowell beach, down to the end of the boardwalk, and back then home. I kicked back and watched TV for a while until Rachel came in; she fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, then fed me. Before I knew it, she was brushing my teeth and helping with my breathing exercises, and then she went home. I spent the rest of the evening listening to music while looking for homes for sale in Oregon; there are so many charming larger homes that I like… I tried to pick a few that I want to look at when I go there next month. I watched a movie before I fell asleep.

























 Saturday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry barcuum cleaner, fed me, then got me dressed up in my chair. Today was our weekly CCI puppy play date; I got done just as the first lady showed up. They ended up being about five or six service dogs playing, I just love to watch them play, and it's so nice that everybody gets along so we can just huddle up and catch up with each other's lives. I asked Lisa the day before if she wanted to come over tonight to watch the Michael Franti stay-at-home concert, and she said she would love to; usually, we break out the projector and the screen and watch it in the garage but so much as happened with my mom getting sick that this is all last-minute so I decided to watch it in my room and screencast it on the TV. My cousin Rich came over with his dogs, and the dogs played while Rich came to say goodbye to my mom. Lisa didn't make it, but Susan came, and she brought her dog Ori, that's three puppy play dates in one day… Such a lucky pup. A lot of stuff was going on, so we missed a lot of the concert, my mom's nose started bleeding again, and we are always so afraid that it's not going to stop and she's going to have to go to urgent care. She always says that she would rather have an ambulance take her so she doesn't have to sit around and wait in urgent care. Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound, put me to bed then fed me before the concert. After everybody went home, I was exhausted, and I had no problems falling asleep.


















































Sunday was just an every day Sunday. Cindy came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and then helped me fill out some paperwork that I needed for Prudential. Cindy took down a bunch of my luggage so Karen could start packing for our Oregon trip. Karen came in at noon, and we did some personal care in a blowup tub bath. She put me back to bed,  fed the hungry pooch, fed me, then went home. I tried to catch up on my blog, listen to music, then watched the movie until I fell asleep.



No comments: