Sunday, August 2, 2020

Robby is back home and resting…

Monday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me. She got me dressing up in my chair, and I talked to the doctor at the emergency vet, Robby's rear end is just getting weaker. Dude and I went out for cruise up and down the wharf a couple of times to take pictures, I like how they put tables and chairs in the front parking spots of the restaurant for people to eat.  We cruised back home and waited for Adriana to bring Robby home from the vet. They sent Robby home again with some more pills and some canned food for him to try, he's really not eating that much, and it's tough to disguise the pills anymore. Rosa came in and fed Dude and then put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunts, and my mom and I played cribbage, my aunt was my partner, and I think we came out even. I watched TV for a little while and then fell asleep.


























Tuesday was a really long day. Usually, Cindy comes in, but her dog passed away yesterday, and she's grieving really hard right now, so Adriana came in for her; I decided to just stay in bed and rest. When Adriana came in, she had taken a bunch of pictures of the emergency vehicles outside her front door; there's always something going on there. Apparently, a gentleman was having trouble breathing so they were trying to help them out, I love that she takes pictures of everything so I can see what's going on. Maria from the Woofpack texted me to see how Robby was doing, they are so nice and caring there. I watch TV all day long, mostly watching Robby make sure that he's okay, and he looks like he's doing better. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then fed me, she said that Cindy wasn't doing good at all, she can't sleep, she can't eat, and she's just really emotional all the time… She feels things really deep. I have an appointment with Jennifer, and when I told her I wasn't going to be able to come in, she agreed to come here for my appointment.  Melia texted me all excited because another one of the praying mantis eggs hatched and she just happened to be right there to watch it, she is so adorable! I watched TV for a while, it seems like that's all I do at night anymore is watch TV, play games and watch Robby. I have about 100 notifications on Facebook, and I haven't deleted any emails for a couple of days, if I don't keep on top of that I get like 800 emails. I eventually went to sleep.







Wednesday Was another long day. Karen came in and fed the boys, we are getting Robby to eat a little bit of the canned food, but it still took a really long time to get them to take his pills. Dude and I cruised down to Westside Animal Hospital to get some more canned food for Robby and then we cruised on down to the end of the wharf and back, we all hung out in the yard until Rosa came in. She fed the fur babies and then put me to bed and fed me. I listen to music and updated my blog, I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.

















Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me up and in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise around the block and then came back, and Heather came over to hang out for a while, they were cleaning my room, so we decided to sit outside… It was charming. We cruised down to de a hacienda and got some tacos and cruised back to eat them in the shade, I forgot how delicious their tacos are… I got to, but I was only able to eat one. Dude and I went out for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. One of the little pieces of advice the vet gave me was to get yoga mats and put them down, so Robby doesn't slide on the hardwood floor, why didn't I think of that?? We blocked off the stairs going up to my mom's place, and she said we can also cut one into strips and put the strips on the stairs so he won't fall. Adriana took me over to pet smart to get some doggy diapers for Robby, and we decided to go across the parking lot and see if they have some cheap yoga mats at Ross, they did so we got about four of them. After Adriana put me to bed she put down the yoga mats, and it did seem like Robby was getting around a lot better, we found a dog gate that might work for the bottom of the stairs… There's a chairlift, so we can't just get a dog door and put it there because the bar for the chairlift is in the way. Adriana fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, I watched TV until I fell asleep.








Friday turned out to be not such a good day, I should've just stayed in bed. Karen came in, and we do some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I really wanted to stay in bed, but I decided I should probably get up. I noticed when Karen put me in my chair, the chair wasn't all that we charged, but I didn't think that much of it; I just figured maybe it wasn't plugged into the back of the charger, but I still had enough to get around. I took Robby for a really short cruise up and down the cul-de-sac a couple times and then came back and rested for a bit before I took off for a cruise with Dude. We cruised over to the wharf, and I looked down, and the battery on my chair was dead; I panicked a little bit because it was really hot. I tried to come back as quickly as possible, but my chair kept cutting out, one time right in the middle of the street, and there was a band coming up to the stop sign. The guy was really nice and offered to help, Dude was dancing a little bit because the pavement was hot… I wanted to ask the guy to take him off the leash and over to the shade, but I don't know if that's such a good idea having somebody unhook my dog while I'm stranded? I turned the chair off and turned it back on, and I was able to get across the street, so that was a relief. I only have a couple more blocks to get to my house, and every time I would go up even the slightest little hill, my chair would cut out, and I'd have to turn it off and turn it back on. Why does this always happen on a Friday at 4 PM?? I came home and called Numotion, but of course, all I could do was leave a message. Now I get to decide if I want to try it again tomorrow or just stay in bed until I hear from them, I definitely don't want to get stuck out in this heat. Adriana put me to bed after she fed the boys, and then she fed me. I watched TV for a while and drifted off to sleep.


Saturday was another long relaxing day, whether I want to relax or not. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me.  The Woofpack texted me to see how Robby was doing and if I wanted them to go over there for the day for the puppy play date, all the dogs do is lay around in the yard, and Robby LOVES it. I told him that he needs some extra care now, and they said they would be glad to do it, so I had them take both Robby and Dude. Cindy cleaned out the refrigerator and straightened up in the garage before she went home. Her brother Tony came down from Sacramento to visit for the weekend. I don't know if I'm having hot flashes, but I have the air conditioner down to 66 degrees and I still burning up, thank goodness for the air purifier blowing cold air around. I added some pictures, caught up on my blog and food journal, and then just watch TV. Adriana came in to feed the boys, but they still work back from there puppy lounge date, so she took the doggy gate that we got for the stairs and started putting it together it was way bigger than I thought, she figured out how to make it fit correctly I taken a couple of panels out. My uncle came over from across the street, and I was going to have him mount it on the side of the staircase so it will be really sturdy. Still, he said instead of making holes in the walls he would just put a 2 x 4, and it will stay, I can see it on the living room camera, and it looks pretty ingenious. Adriano left, and I was out before everybody else finished with the gate; I don't know why I am not really tired until my caregivers come in. I slept until 11 PM when Adriana came to take the dogs out one final time, I wanted to go back to sleep, but then I couldn't get my mind to shut off, so I started watching seven little Johnson's and finishing up my blog.




Sunday was a nice long relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys, Robby didn't feel like eating much and it was really hard again to get him to take his pills… He's just so miserable and has so much anxiety until he takes them if he only knew. Cindy made me a breakfast burrito with chorizo, hashbrowns, vegan eggs, feta, and Monterey Jack cheese... It's my favorite breakfast burrito and they make it at The Picnic Basket down by the wharf, on their version they add cabbage and pinto beans but I don't work well with those. I watched 90-day fiancĂ©: happily ever after? To get all the old ones cleared off of my TiVo so I can start watching the new ones tonight. When Cindy took Robby out before she left he had diarrhea and then his back and fell into it so she gave him a shower and washed off his harness/lift. I'm watching him on the camera right now and he seems to be resting comfortably. Karen came in and fed the boys at 2 PM and then fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed and I watched the new episodes of 90-day fiancĂ©, listen to music for a while before I fell asleep.

 It's really strange cruising along the boardwalk and hearing "This is a courtesy message from the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk, for the safety of your self and the staff, please remember to social distance yourself and wear a face covering" I remember the last couple of summers only being able to cruise on part of the boardwalk because they were filming a couple of movies, it almost made me feel like I was in one of those movies just coming out into public for the first time after a national catastrophe.

1 comment:

betty said...

I hope Robbie feels better. I am worried about him! Can you crush his pills up and scatter it over his food?

Betty