Monday, July 20, 2020

Oregon family going home after an awesome visit…

Monday was a nice relaxing day. It was a really long week and weekend so I decided to stay in bed and relax. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me. I ended up watching TV pretty much the whole day, I'm always excited about watching the new 90-day fiancé series so I watched that and then listen to music for a while. My praying mantis eggs hatch so Karen took some pictures and then we opened the containment so they can get out, I texted my aunt and told her that they had hatched so she came over and took some over to her garden. Rosa came in and fed the hungry critters and then fed me, she buzzed around for a while and disinfected the house and cleaned up a little before she went home. I watched TV for a little while longer and then drifted off to sleep, I love that my body has calm down enough to go to sleep at a decent hour.














Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. It was a little cold but I guess that's better than really hot. I took Robby for a cruise over to and around Depot Parker a couple of times and then came back to rest for a bit before I took Dude for a cruise over to the wharf and back. Cindy took dude and me over to Jan's place for our first social distancing puppy play date, it was just her and I… And of course Dude and her three dogs. We got to talking and didn't notice that her two-year-old CCI service dog Teak was eating this really fine feathery like grass that she was going in her backyard, he started sneezing and coughing and eventually threw up and it looked like he ate quite a bit but thankfully after he felt better and stop sneezing. She also has a retired service dog and then she has a little dog, so adorable! Her yard was amazing, her daughter is an artist and pain with this beautiful mural on the back of her garage and she went to a couple of art auctions and got a really cool painted wine barrel and an awesome bench that was made out of the headboard of the bed, I didn't get a picture of the bench and now I wish that I would have. I made a mental note to check out art auctions in Santa Cruz. We cruised over for my appointment with Jennifer, it's so nice to see and talk to her again. We picked up Rosa on the way home and she fed the starving boys and then put me to bed and got me something to eat. I started editing my pictures and fell asleep.



















Wednesday was a long day. Karen came in and fed the fur kids and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. It took a little longer than I expected so I didn't get up until late, luckily Joy is going to come in and take Dude for a little cruise. My stomach was bothering me a little bit so I just ended up sitting here in my chair watching TV. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, she disinfected everything… I love that she does that! I watched TV for a while and then listened to music and edited some more pictures from yesterday, I fell asleep.

Thursday was a nice long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew, fed me, and got me dressed in up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise down to Depot Park and back and then Dude and I took off for my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done, that usually takes up most of the day but I've been doing my appointment early so I had a little bit of time to cruise down to the end of the wharf and back home. I asked Adriana to come in a little early so I can go to bed a little early and watch a webinar from Dr. Shem, my spinal cord injury Dr. when I lived in San Jose, on ostomy bags. For some reason, I still wasn't in bed in time to watch it so I watched most of it while she was putting me to bed so hopefully, I can find it online and watch it again, it was pretty interesting because she also talked about personal care. I watch TV for a while and fell asleep.

Friday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me, we did some personal care and a nice soothing hot bath. Personal care ended up taking up most of the day and I would've decided to stay in bed but I have an appointment at 4 PM with Dr. Waddle to find out the results of my colonoscopy, as Karen was putting me in my chair at noon I saw a message on my phone from Dr. Waddle from earlier and he said there's no need for me to drive all the way down there because he can give me the results over the phone so he said he would call back at noon so I waited a couple minutes and he called. He said he took off a lot of polyps but everything looked good and nothing was cancerous so that was a big relief. I'm already up in my chair so I might as well go out and cruise around. Robby and I cruised over to Depot Park and back and after I rested for a bit I took Dude and headed over to the wharf, as I was cruising by the maintenance headquarters I saw Brett and asked him if they could take my mom cousins memorial bench and bring it to my house. I saw a post on the wharf Facebook page that said they wanted to update all of the information on the memorial benches and if you want to give up your space so they can put another memorial bench to let them know, I talked to my aunt said they would like to just give up the space for another Memorial bench but they would like to have the bench that's there to give it to Rich to take up on the hill to put on his deck. Brett said he would have to talk to Jon and Annalise and just as he said that Annalise drove up, she told me that she would make that happen… She is so cool! We cruised up and down a couple more times and took some pictures. We cruised home and when Adriana came in she took me over to the grocery store to get a few things before she put me to bed and got me something to eat. I edited the rest of my pictures, I finally stayed awake long enough, and then I fell asleep.


























Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and fixed me breakfast and then got me dressed and up into my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took dude and I out for a couple of errands, we went to Costco first and I was so surprised it wasn't busy. I always want to look at everything and even worse by everything, they say if you eat before you go grocery shopping you will be tempted to buy as much but I think I'm always hungry so I always overdo it. We went to FedEx to drop off a couple of packages for my cousin Debbie, she's getting ready to move into their new house and she is so excited! As soon as I found out that they were having a house built I started looking for the perfect housewarming gift, I hope that her family likes it! We went by to get some shampoo from the place I get my hair done and then cruised on back home. I rested for a bit and Adriana came in to feed the boys, feed me, and put me to bed. I ordered some tickets for Michael Franti stay-at-home concert so I wanted to be in bed with everything done before the counter came on, I had a half-hour to anticipate and make sure that I have the computer set up to watch… I air played over to the TV and it was awesome!! They just put you in a great mood and leave you uplifted, it took me a while to settle down because I was so excited! I finally fell asleep.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, I wanted to have a breakfast burrito but my blood sugar was 130 so I decided I better not, it's probably so high because I had a sandwich last night but I don't do it very often. We straightened up my room a little bit and then Cindy went home. Susan came in at noon to give me a massage, it's been about four months and boy am I ready. We usually try not to talk but we have so much catching up to do that we talked for the entire two hours, it was really good to see her again! Karen came in at 2 PM and fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice relaxing hot bath. She put me back to bed and for the rest of the night I just watched Robby wander around the house, I am constantly watching him now trying to see if he is in any pain or not. I had my mom come down and give him some more CBD and he seemed to calm down for the night, I don't think I'm going to get any sleep because I am so worried about him. I need to call in the morning and make an appointment for him to see his vet, poor Dude has diarrhea… I don't know if it's sympathy for Robby wife he got into something, I gotta watch this little guy every second.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hoping both of your dogs are doing okay Tammie. So pretty paintings!

Betty