Sunday, July 5, 2020

Not a good way to start my week…

Monday was another long miserable day. Karen came in at 4 AM after I drink the second part of the barium, it was another three or four really miserable hours until I was all cleaned out and it sure felt great to get into that hot bathtub. By this time, I was extremely exhausted and is much as I wanted to, I couldn't fall asleep while Karen was getting me dressed. After she got me dressed in up in my chair, I decided to try to take Robby out for a cruise, but my arms were so exhausted we just cruise down to Depot Park and back. Adela came in to take care of the yard. I decided to just lay back and at least rest until Adriana came in. The address on order was Santa Cruz's surgical center, so we stopped by their first, and then they told us we needed to go to Dominican Hospital; I hate being late! We got over to Dominican Hospital, and they wouldn't let Adriana or Dude go past the lobby, so I had to go in by myself; I brought Adriana so she could help me get undressed and into the hospital down. The nurse at the front desk led me over to a lady who was admitting me, she took down all of the information and then asked me to wait in the waiting room for someone to come and get me. Finally, another nurse came to get me and told me that they wouldn't have a problem helping me get undressed and ready for my procedure. They had a really lovely portable lift, but they couldn't get it to work at first and then realized somebody had accidentally hit the emergency stop button, they finally figured it out,. There were about three or four nurses helping me out… They were all super sweet! Everybody that helped me was just as lovely and helpful as can be, they are indeed very special people. After everybody left and I was on the gurney I wanted to close my eyes and take a little nap,. Still, I was afraid somebody else would come in and need more information, so I tried really hard to stay awake, another nurse came in and asked me a bunch of the same questions and then said as soon as the doctor gets there they're going to start the procedure… The doctor got caught up doing another procedure at the surgical center. Dr. Waddle is an excellent and knowledgeable Dr. and everybody that I have run into that has been a patient or worked with him just adores him! They gave me a light sedative and started the procedure, I woke up because my shoulder was falling asleep and they said that they were almost done… The doctor was cutting off some polyps. I decided to just wear the hospital gown and my pajamas back home because I knew I was just going to jump back in bed, get something to eat, and go to sleep. They got me back into my chair after they thought I was okay to leave the recovery room, and Adriana met me out front, as lovely as everyone got me the heck out of here so I can go home. She brought me home, and I laid back to relax for a while as she went to go get her mom to put me to bed. After she put me to bed, she woke me up several times to make sure I got something to eat and something to drink. I'm so glad for that to be over with! I drifted on and off to sleep for a while and then finally drifted off for the night. Did that all just really happen?? I thought I was going to be okay for 10 years, but the doctor said he wanted to see me back in five… Damn!!



Tuesday was a really great relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then looked in my refrigerator to see if I had anything for breakfast, I planned on living on soup, so I know I have lots of soup, but I want some food. I decided on some goat yogurt, fruit, and a Keto cereal that I found I slept really good but kept waking up every couple hours with kind of a jolt but that I was able to relax and go back to sleep. I can't believe it's over, I had something to eat in my mind is a little clearer and I can't say this enough… I'm so glad it's over!! I thought I wouldn't have to go back for 10 years, but they want me to come back in five, I hate this! The Woofpack came to get the boys, I asked them if they would take Dude so I can stay in bed and relax, my arms and my neck still hurt from yesterday so I just want one more day off and then I can't wait to get back out into the world. Cindy buzzed around and washed clothes, organized my freezer and fridge, and sent me pictures… I love how she always sends me pictures of everything that she does, her sister does the same thing… Actually, Omar does also. Heather came by and said she was going to start cooking again, and we talked about doing some hiking or just hanging out and relaxing and eating something. Every day it gets a little better and more comfortable to go out, I still wear a mask, but it's so lovely to get out. They brought the dogs back just as Rosa came in, so she fed the boys and then fed me; I was so excited to start eating food again, so part of the day I spent looking up food to see what I want… Cindy took some slow-roasted beef and some beets out of the freezer so I could have tacos tonight. I also had some Jell-O. I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was, so maybe my stomach shrunk a little bit. I can still hear my stomach growling really loud, and it sounds like liquid moving around in there. After Rosa left, I watched ninety-day fiancé for a while and then drifted off to sleep. This is what it looked like today on the beach, no masks, no social distancing… I'm really not surprised!





Wednesday was a really long day. I thought since I just had the procedure that my personal care was going to go really fast and smoothly, but it didn't. My stomach growled really loud all night long, and I kept getting chills and spasms. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me; I still really hungry from the procedure, but after I take a couple of bites, I really full… Probably because I ate nothing but soup for almost a week. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath twice. By the time we were done, it was nearly 2:30 PM, so there's no use in getting up, Joy will be here at 3 PM, and Rosa will be here at 4 PM. It was nice to get back into bed and relax because my arms and my neck are still really sore and stressed out from the colonoscopy prep. A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine lost her beloved dog, so I ordered a solar dog angel further to put in her yard, and it finally came; Adriana wrapped it up for me and left it on their porch and rang the doorbell. A couple minutes later, she texted me and thanked me.  My aunt sent me a couple videos of some more Monarch butterflies that hatched in her hatchery, it's such a beautiful experience. Rosa texted me and said that they asked her to work extra hours, and could you send Adriana in to work for her, so I said, of course. Adriana came in and fed the boys, fed me, opened a few boxes from Amazon, and then she was on her way. The rest of the evening, I just relaxed, watch TV and listen to music until I fell asleep.






Thursday turned out to be a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then she fed me, my stomach is still making noise and it just feels all bubbly inside so we spent a good part of the day doing more personal care, that prep really messed me up. After another nice long hot bath, the only joy in all this is that I've gotten a lot of really nice long hot baths. I thought about staying in bed but I just need to get up even if it's cold outside, she got me dressing up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise over to and around Depot Park… He looks like he's having some really good days but he looks like he might be going blind or getting confused. We came back home and Adela hooked up Dude and we went for a nice long cruise down to the wharf and back, over to the boardwalk and back and home. I am up into the boardwalk for a very long time and of course like everyone else does a lot of rules and a lot of arrows tell me which way to go, I hope it does us some good over this Fourth of July weekend. I was getting tired of the cold so we cruised home, I took my go Pro camera off for the procedure and it didn't get charged so I didn't get to take any pictures today. I texted Adriana to tell her I was home and done for the day in case you wanted to come in early and get it over with. She was downtown but came in when she got back and fed the boys, put me to bed, and fed me… I was a little afraid to eat because of my tummy but I found this really awesome spicy noodles and I am addicted, I had those with some prawns that Heather made for me… It was so delicious. I watched TV for the rest of the evening, I've been sleeping so good and I love it… It makes me feel great. I can't wait to get back on my exercise cycle on Monday.

Friday didn't turn out to be such a good day. I woke up because I could hear Robby's toenails pacing around so I looked up at the camera and he was frantically going from room to room like he was looking for something or someone, it looked like he was having a panic attack. I called my mom to come down to take him out thinking maybe he just has to go to the bathroom, he went to the bathroom but nothing else changed. He would lay down and scoop around in circles and then get up and walk around in a state of panic. My mom gave him a couple of hemp treats and gabapentin but it didn't calm him down so I texted Adriana and she came over immediately and took him to the emergency, he's had pancreatitis a couple times and that's what it looked like to me but he's getting old so every time I look at him and is in the little bit of distress I panic. She gave me a play-by-play while she was in the parking lot but then they took him in and said they would call when they knew something. I hope he's okay! He is 12 1/2 years old so I worry about him every single day and I watched him like a hawk so anytime he looks uncomfortable at all I like to take him in, I do not want him to ever experience any pain. Karen went ahead and got me dressing up in my chair, we were going to go to half Moon Bay to check out the pot stop but we decided to go another day and stick around close in case Robby needs something. we went to Safeway and Costco, my brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit for a while. We came back home and the doctor called and said that he tried an ultrasound and all kinds of tests and couldn't find anything wrong with Robby, he just has a really hard time getting up on his back legs anymore… Is 12 1/2! They decided to keep him overnight and just observe him and I like that idea because I'm afraid to bring them back home and have them go through that again. Adela brought over some more masks that her sister had made, they are so awesome!  My aunt texted me and told me that the goats were back across the street, they put them there to eat the weeds. Usually, they're over at the lagoon about a week before they come over here so I missed them. I watched TV for a while and I was out.








Saturday was a long day. Karen came in, Adriana and Cindy wanted to have a barbecue and spend time with their family so Karen agreed to come in and feed me and the boys. She went home And on her way she took a picture of her Waiting for her in the window. For the rest of the day and said she would come back at 4 PM but to call me if I needed anybody to pick up Robby. Omar came in and I talked to him for a little bit and then he went out to finish screaming in the porch, I'm so excited! I've been trying to stay awake all morning in case the vet calls so I just gave up and called them. The doctor said he thinks that Robby has a lot of anxiety because his body is changing so much and it's scaring him, I can even imagine! Omar went to pick him up and he was a little unsteady for a while and then had a hard time getting up but once he's up and starts moving he does pretty well. My mom made a potato, bacon soup and it was really good! When I went to Cosco yesterday I got a spinach salad and some baguettes so that was our dinner. My mom, Stanley, and Janet went across the street to say hello to my aunt and uncle. Usually, after we eat we play cribbage but I'm a little tired so I'm glad nobody brought it up.


Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, I really wanted to get up but Karen was coming in early to do personal care and a nice long hot bath so I decided to just stay in bed. I have a huge box of seeds in the bathroom that I bought over the years and some of them I don't even know what they are so we look them up and printed out a little picture of each package so when we go to plant them will know what they are going to be when they grow up. I really have a lot of seeds, I need a bigger yard. Karen came in at 2 PM and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, luckily it didn't take that long and we were done by 5 PM.  Right before she went home I could see somebody bring two packages on the porch and set them down in front of the door he stepped back and took a picture and then pick the packages up and took off, my first thought was that he took a picture to prove that he delivered them and then took them back but after watching the ring doorbell several times I could see that what he brought was one of those beverage carriers and a bag of food so he must've realized he left it on the wrong doorstep and took it away. Last week we heard the doorbell and saw somebody take off and when we went out there there was nobody around but a bag of food and beverage, it was from McDonald's and there was two cheeseburgers, two orders of chicken tenders and an order French fries. We waited for a while and nobody came back to get them so I ate a hamburger and half the fries and the rest of it just sat on the counter because Adriana didn't want to take it home to her son. My uncle and aunt came over and played cribbage with Stanley and Janet and my mom and I, first Stanley made a really killer meal… Fillets, street corn, baked potatoes, and spinach salad. Janet was my partner and although we were really close a couple times we didn't win. I watched my day fiancé: happily ever after and talk to Adriana for a couple minutes when she came in and then fell asleep.

No comments: