Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Getting ready for Lexi's baby shower…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care had a nice long hot relaxing bath. The Woofpack came and got Robby so Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive, it was such a beautiful day! I know how much we need the rain but I sure am enjoying the sunshine and happy people. We cruised up and down the wharf a couple of times just tilting back and enjoying the view and then decided we better head home so we can be there when Robby gets back. We hung out in the driveway for a while until Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed, and then fed me. My uncle, my aunt, Fred, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage… My mom was my partner and we lost two dollars. I fell asleep shortly after everybody left.






































Tuesday was a really exciting day. Today I get my new chair, finally after five years of this lemon. Cindy came in and fed the crew and got me dressed and we waited for Andrei and Jack, they were supposed to be here at 10 AM. I looked at the clock and it was 10:30 AM, these guys are never late, and the phone rang and it was Andrei saying that they were at the hospital waiting and just noticed that they were supposed to be here… They said they would be here in 10 minutes. After a lot of adjustments I was in my new chair and it felt great, because of the time we missed earlier they both had to go but check promised he would be back at the end of the day and after me driving around for a while to see what else I needed to be adjusted. Since it was my first time in the chair we left the dogs at home and went on a couple of errands. As soon as we got to our first destination the ramp on the van would not come out, the door would open but no ramp so luckily Cindy was able to get out and finish our errands without meeting my help. We got back home and tried again but the ramp just wasn't working, luckily I remembered how to use the crank to deploy the ramp so she got me out of the band just in time for Jack and Daniel to arrive. It's funny, Jack had to leave earlier to help some guy get his chair out of the van. Between the two of them, they adjusted everything and the only thing we have left is to attach my cell phone and Jack said he would be back on or before Friday. It felt amazing driving this new chair, instead of 6 miles an hour I can go 7 1/2… I just ran it up and down the driveway a couple times. I can't wait to get out tomorrow and really go for a cruise. Rosa came in and fed everybody, put me to bed and fed me and washed my face and brush my teeth and I was out.

Wednesday was another beautiful day! Susan didn't come in because she has the flu, everybody is getting so sick and I'm trying to stay away from them all. Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing, Himalayan salt and essential oil bath… What a great way to start your day. Bailey's grooming came by to give the dogs their biweekly bath and grooming. I took Robby out for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, I got all the way down to the end and realized that I had Robby with me and not Dude… Robby is retired and no longer has public access so he is not supposed to be on the wharf but I was so excited about my new chair I forgot. I ran into Carlos and was telling him all about it, I was so excited, I felt a little silly after but he's a sweet guy and probably won't hold it against me. I came back and got Dude and we went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse/museum, back down to the end of the wharf and then home. Rosa came in and fed the gang and put me to bed, after washing my face and brushing my teeth I was out. Unfortunately, my glass didn't get plugged in so the battery was not charged so no pictures today.

Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up after she fed everybody and the Woofpack came to get Robby for a hike with the pack. Karen tried to fix my headrest and I took dude for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and my headrest fell behind my head. I asked one of the maintenance guys on the wharf, Brett, if he could fix it but he said he needed an Allen wrench and didn't have one so he tightened it up as much as he could and I came back home and luckily Karen was still here so she fixed it and tightened it up. Jack left a message asking me if I got my automatic leg bag emptier hooked up when he and Daniel came back the other day they forgot to do it. Luckily Karen did it. We took off for my appointment with Jennifer to get my face waxed and a facial, it always feels so great after. After my appointment with Jennifer we cruised down to Palo Alto medical clinic to get some paperwork I dropped off for Dr. Owen's to sign excusing me from jury duty for the rest of my life, sometimes I think it would be fun to be on a jury but it's way too early for me to get up and try to be there. By the time we cruised back home Robby was there and we hung out in the driveway until Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. Cindy came in to get her check and pick up some cupcake papers and camo cupcake confetti, they are helping me out with Lexi's baby shower… Rosa and Cindy are so awesome and I don't know what I would do without them. I wash my face and brush my teeth and I fell right to sleep.












 Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me up and in my new chair and I took Dude for a cruise, my mom is trying to go for a walk every day so I left Robby here to cruise with her… She says she thinks she goes on a little longer cruise when she takes Robby and she was really tired by the time we got back. Dude and I cruised through Depot Park and then all the way down Westcliff Drive. I ran into a lady with MS, I was tilting back relaxing and enjoying the view as she came up to me and said "hi, I remember you from the women's march downtown" it always makes me feel so good when people recognize me, I realize I'm in a big power wheelchair with a gorgeous dog by my side and I'm really hard to miss but I guess I just love people recognizing me. She said part of the reason was my Google glass, she said her brother works for Google and was part of the project when they started the Explorer program. We talked for a little bit, she was so nice I hope I see her again.  I always think of myself as super shy with social anxiety, as soon as I get into a conversation with somebody I'm always looking for an escape. I think I like for people to recognize me in case I need help and who doesn't like to be no is a nice person? I like to be known in case I ever am out in public and have a problem and need help people are more apt to help you if they recognize you but I really do get nervous talking to people, I hope with practice I can get over that. We cruised back down to the end of the wharf and back. It was a nice long cruise in such a beautiful day I was so glad my Google Glass was working once again. We cruised home and Teresa was here, she made the most beautiful baby shower decorations, two diaper cakes, and some decorated candy dishes… They were gorgeous! She fed everybody and put me to bed and I just watched TV for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.

Saturday was another really great day. Cindy came in and after feeding everybody got me up and in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and the painters from the apartment complex next door came over to see if they can put the ladders they need for painting in our driveway, the walkway on the other side of the fence is way too narrow. Cindy took my mom to go and get her taxes done and she took all of my tax stuff so hopefully, I won't have to go up there. She later went and picked up my mom and said my taxes will be done on Tuesday. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon and down Westcliff Drive, I ran into my friend Vince writing his really cool bike, he is such an awesome guy and it's so cool the way everybody just wants to stop and talk to him. We cruised back down to the wharf and ran into Vince again. We cruised down to the end and back and  I saw a guy that I met Bill, he does some incredible sand sculptures on the beach. I have seen him down there for years and met him one side in person when he went to lunch with Vince… He is such a talented and sweet guy. He did a sculpture of an Otter and a heart, he was resting when we came back by and saw us and waved… It always amazes me when people remember me, it feels great! it was getting cold so we cruised back home and Teresa put me to bed. Stanley and Janet came down to spend the night and help out with Lexi's baby shower, Corinne was supposed to come down and help out but ended up with Epstein-Barr and pinkeye… Poor thing! She and her husband ended up staying in Tracy with his family. They brought Robby back so she fed the crew and after she washed my face and brush my teeth I watched TV for a little bit and talked to Janet before I fell asleep. The last couple of nights I fell asleep right away but woke up around midnight or 1 PM and then couldn't go back to sleep until about five or 6 AM so I was exhausted by the time Cindy came in. I think I was really nervous about the baby shower we are having for my niece Lexi on Sunday. Theresa, Cindy, and Rosa did so much work to help me out with the baby shower. I sent out the invitations on the 22nd of last month and nobody really offered to help until a couple of days ago so my awesome caregivers all pitched in because I think they could see how nervous I was.

































 Sunday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the fur kids. Stanley made a killer breakfast and I took Dude for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, today was Lexi's baby shower and I know we're going to have to crate Dude for most of it or he will just run around the yard and try to eat as much as he can. Cindy and Stanley were outside decorating when I left and when I came back it looked awesome! A lot of people came, more than I thought and everybody had a really great time. Theresa made a couple of diaper cakes that were amazing, Cindy made cupcakes, brownies, and cookies and Rosa brought these adorable baby Jell-O dishes. My aunt and uncle made ribs, potato salad, shrimp pasta salad and brought some vegetable and fruit trays.  Sue also made some really awesome cupcakes. Janet made some macaroni and cheese… There was so much food. We got to see a couple of the girls from the neighborhood that Lexi grew up with, I haven't seen them for six years or more… There were also grown-up and turned into such awesome adults. They had everything cleaned up in no time and Theresa put me to bed and then cleaned out my mom's kitchen for her, I swear I hope the best caregivers in the world… I don't know what I would do without them. Tyler and Celeste stopped by and I got to meet the couple that lives next door to them. Thank goodness my Google Glass was working and I got a lot of really nice pictures.



















































1 comment:

betty said...

The baby shower looked like it was a lot of fun, Tammie! I'm glad you finally got your new chair!

betty