Monday, January 8, 2018

The beginning of a new year…

Monday was the first day of an awesome new year. Karen came in and fed the crew and after everybody settled down we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I decided not to wear my Google Glass until I get the frames and put my prescription lenses in, I really can't see much of anything without my glasses and it kind of scares me just cruise around like that. Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, down to the wharf and then back home. I rested for a bit and then took Dude for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and then back home. It was a really nice day today but towards the end, it was starting to get cold. I came home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. I tried some of the white bean soup that Talya made and it was really good, and always really leery of trying new things and especially different ways of cooking… Talya practices Ayurvedic medicine and health. Since I have met her I feel so much healthier and stronger, now she cooks for me once a month and freezes everything in a mason jar so I can put them in freezer… I love it! She is also a super amazing person, just by meeting her you can tell that she's very caring and knowledgeable person… My animals love her and that says a lot! My uncle, aunt, Claudia, my mom and I played cribbage… Our usual Monday routine. When we were almost finished Stanley came in, he Ubered is way down here from Modesto to stay for a couple of days. My aunt and uncle were extremely exhausted, they have been working on the rental property for a long time now and it looks pretty cool! They put in a bunch of planter boxes so their tenants can have their own garden, my uncle and aunt went home and the rest of us play one more game. I took a couple of Advil PMs but still couldn't sleep, I'm sure I will find something between the TV and the computer to keep myself busy until I could fall asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me up. I forgot that Stanley was here, I was so tired and morning, and went ahead and had Cindy make me breakfast. I took Robby and we went for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive… It was such a beautiful day. I came back and Omar was taking down the Christmas decorations outside, they were so beautiful and I'm really going to miss them although it looks nice and clean outside now… I can start planting some vines with flowers on them along the fence in the front yard. I rested for a bit and left Robby here and took Dude down to my dentist appointment, I haven't been there for a long time and this was their first time meeting Dude. I got there a little early so I was tilting back in my chair on the sidewalk, I usually sit there in front of the window until somebody inside the dentist office sees me and comes and opens the door. A lady came up behind me and asked me where I was going and said that my music was loud and it was bothering them so could I turn it down or go around the corner. She said namaste to Dude and then started talking in some foreign language to him, I hope she wasn't putting a curse on us or anything. I just turn the music off thinking that she would go away but she just kept talking to my dog in whatever language. The dentist appointment went really well, he didn't have to do a lot of scraping and he said my teeth looked really good. He told me about this new toothbrush that you stick in your mouth and push a button and it cleans your teeth in about 10 seconds, he said he thought about this when he was in dental school but didn't really have time to do anything about it and now here it is. I looked it up on Amazon and it got some pretty good reviews so I decided to get one and try it out, my caregivers are always a little leery of brushing my teeth very hard so I'm hoping this is going to be a good tool for me. I came back home and Rosa put me to bed and Stanley made us Lamb curry wraps with hummus, tzatziki sauce, and arugula… It was really good! When we were in Santa Rosa to get my successor dog we found a restaurant that serves that and it was so good, much better than this but this was good. I was so exhausted I think I was out before Rosa left.

Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a massage, I was so sore all over and it felt great… I think it's been about a month since I have seen her. Karen wasn't feeling well so Cindy came in and I was going to get up but then found out it was going to rain so I decided to just stay in bed after a massage is best to keep really warm anyways. Since Susan had already fed the boys send event Penny and I and opened up some boxes that came from Amazon and left for the day, she was going on to her other job. I slept pretty much all day until Rosa came in to feed everybody, do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Stanley made chicken Cordon Bleu, beets, roasted potatoes and arugula salad with avocado… It was awesome! It's I was exhausted and fell asleep right away.

Thursday was a really nice day. Cindy came in, Karen still wasn't feeling very well, and got me up. The Woofpack came in got Robby, he was so excited to finally get to spend time with them again. Dude and I cruised downtown for my appointment with my psychologist and ran into Aki, that lady is amazing and I admire her so much. Then over to eye Q to talk with David about getting the lenses for my Google glass, the frames finally came in. He is so nice and so helpful! We cruise down to Westcliff Drive and then over to the wharf before cruising home, we did 8 1/2 miles so hopefully, both the boys will sleep really good tonight. Rosa came in and fed the fur crew and then put me to bed. I can't wait to get my Google glass adapted to my prescription glasses so I can start taking pictures again, the ocean was so beautiful today! I watched fear thy neighbor until I fell asleep.

Friday was an adventurous day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath, it felt great! It looked like it was just barely misting outside so I thought I would take the boys for a short cruise, Robby was first. We made it down to Depot Park and both Robby and I were soaked so we turned around and came back, I knew I should've stayed in bed today. I texted Theresa to see if she could come in early and take me shopping at Whole Foods, she said she would. We got over to Whole Foods and when she opened the ramp the door look like it had fallen off the track and wouldn't close, we decided to just go shopping and worry about it when we came out. By the time we got back out, I had forgotten all about it but there was, I thought about texting Omar because I knew he would come and help but I decided to text my aunt… She said that my uncle was over at Cosco with Tyler picking up a mattress, they were in line to check out so they said they would be over when they can get there. They came and tried a few things but there wasn't anything that they could do, it looks like the whole door frame came off the track… We can even get it out of park to drive it home. I looked online and ocean Honda was open until 8 PM it said but after leaving two messages and talking to the after-hours message center I decided to just try to get some sleep and deal with it in the morning, Tyler went into whole foods and told them that my van broke down and they said it would be okay until morning. Theresa put me to bed and my mind was racing so much I fell right to sleep after it calmed down a little bit.

Saturday I decided to stay in bed, I thought it was supposed to rain but I haven't seen any yet. Theresa came in, Cindy texted me last night and said that she had food poisoning and wasn't feeling well. Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I just hung out. I called Ocean Honda and told them to be expecting my van and then call AAA to tow it over, it wasn't so bad at all… I think I'm really getting a hold of this "being an adult" thing. They called me back from ocean Honda and said that there is frame damage and asked if I had been in an accident recently, putting the ramp underneath the van makes the van very low and it often gets hit when going over speed bumps and most driveways. Omar took Theresa to get the van, I guess I'll have to take it over to Scott's auto body on Monday and see if they could fix it. Theresa fixed me some tilapia, zucchini, eggplant, purple potatoes and for dessert some Chia pudding… It was awesome!

Sunday was an awesome day. Cindy came in and got me up at first I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the war and back… I didn't realize until I was at the end of the wharf that I have the wrong dog because Robby no longer has public access ability, and then home. I dropped off Robby and got Dude and took him for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the war again and back home. I took the boys out to go potty and when I got back Theresa was here and after she fed the crew she put me to bed. She heated me up some rotisserie chicken, some spinach, half of the cornbread muffin and some Chia pudding. I fell asleep for a while and when I woke up she was taking the dogs out and getting ready to leave. I watch Dr. Phil and I survived while playing solitaire, Yahtzee and candy crush… I hope I get some sleep tonight!

1 comment:

betty said...

It always is so empty when the Christmas decorations come done, but as fast as time seems to be going these days, we'll blink and it will be next Christmas already!

betty