Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Are we going to get rain or what??

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in and fed the fur kids and we did some personal care and a nice long hot essential oil bath. While she was getting me dressed she took the dogs out to go potty and came back really upset, she got a phone call from her brother that her dad was an urgent care and are going to admit him to the hospital with pneumonia… Her dad is a quadriplegic. It has to be so frustrating and heartbreaking to be so far away from your parents when they are sick. The Woofpack came to get Robby so it was just Dude and I for the day. We took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive to see the humongous waves… I was surprised there was only one surfer out there. I didn't bring my Google glass because a case it rained I didn't want them to get wet. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and it started getting cold so we cruised home. West brought Robby back and we hung out in the driveway for a while and then watch TV until Rosa came in to feed everybody. She put me to bed and my uncle, my aunt, Fred, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage. Well we start out with five dollars and I got down to two dollars and then my uncle and I skunked everyone and I ended up with nine dollars, go uncle! After everybody left I watch TV for a while, listen to my call meditation selection for the day, listen to music and then fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park and over to the wharf and back, I dropped Robby off and got Dude and Cindy took us over to the bank and over to the cake place, I wanted to look at some cakes for Lexi's baby shower. We have a pink camo theme going on but the place that I went to didn't do that kind of takes, I guess you have to use fondant icing. I don't know if I should look somewhere else or just pick one of the cakes that they do make for a baby shower. Dude and I cruised back through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back and it was starting to get cold and so many people are getting sick I just decided it's best to go home, watch TV and keep warm. I hung out in the driver with the boys for a while until Rosa came in. She fed everybody and put me to bed and I was out.









Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in, it was supposed to rain so I decided to just stay in bed… I've been sneezing and coughing so I better stay warm for a couple of days. I thought it would be nice to sleep all day but that didn't happen, usually, when I stay in bed I can sleep all day but maybe because I got so much sleep last night?  Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I watched TV, listen to a funny book on tape and some music.

Thursday was another long day. Cindy left me a message that her car overheated on Highway 17 and she was waiting for a tow truck, I feel bad for her because it is really cold outside. My mom came down and fed the boys and Penny and then waited for the Woofpack to come and get Robby. Teresa was going to come in and help me start organizing so she came in shortly after that to make me breakfast.  We got a couple of shelves cleaned up in the bathroom, I can't believe it's been 10 years of dust settling at the bottom of those wicker baskets… I didn't realize how bad it was in the dust made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache. We are definitely going to do this more often. I can't believe I ended up staying in bed again, I'm afraid to talk to anybody or have anybody come over because I know I'm really cranky and anxious. It looks like Cindy's going to be off tomorrow to take care of her car so that's going to be the third day in a, and already stir crazy and so is Dude, at least Robby got to go out and go for a hike today. Rosa came in and fed everybody and it was a really long night, I had a headache and stomachache I think from all the staying in bad anxiety.

Friday was a really boring day. Cindy took the day off to take care of her phone and Theresa came in after she dropped off her daughter for school and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I still have a stomachache and I can't wait to get through today and get up tomorrow… I hope it's going to be nice but either way, I'm going to go for a cruise.  Theresa came in and fed the boys and Penny and made me some killer fish, zucchini, and spinach.  We did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. I watched a series called Fear thy neighbor until I fell asleep. Karen texted me and told me that her dad hasn't made it out of ICU yet, he is not in good shape. She's going to stay there probably at least another week, I hope everything works out in Karen's father gets out of ICU soon. He has an irregular heartbeat that they diagnosed with Afib. I have been getting a lot of texts from Lisa, she used to work for me until she got accepted into nursing school… This girl can do anything and everything and she has the best personality. She cannot only do personal care but also take care of the yard and organize anything efficiently and quickly. I'm going to have her come by on Monday and see if she can help me out.

Saturday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up in the Woofpack came and got Robby so I decided to take Dude and go for a really long cruise. Omar was outside cleaning up the yard, he's getting ready to go to Mexico on vacation so he's making sure everything looks good. We cruised through Depot Park and just started heading down Westcliff Drive, it was so gorgeous we just kept on going more than halfway… I was afraid my battery would die so we turned around. I can't wait until I get my new chair a week from Tuesday. I kept stopping to tilt back and just look at the view, I see such a beautiful place in front of me every day and I just can't really bet… I'm so lucky to live in Santa Cruz. Where we see interesting things, we passed by a gentleman who had brought his massage table and he asked me if I wanted a massage. I told him "no thank you" and he said, "it's free?" On my way back he actually had somebody on his table and was giving him a massage, I felt bad because he was so nice so I'm glad you found somebody. It was still too early to go home so we cruised down to the wharf, everywhere in Santa Cruz just so beautiful. It's usually really crowded on the weekends but it wasn't too bad today, I was so glad. We cruised back home and waited for Robby and hung out in the yard for a while until Theresa came in. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and I edited the pictures I took on Google glass, I'm so glad to have that back again. I watch TV for a while and then listen to music until I fell asleep. I haven't been doing very good with my meditation challenge… Next week is another week.



































Sunday was another long boring day. Cindy came in and was going to train Theresa but I decided to stay in bed, my chair didn't get plugged in and charged the night before and since we went about 10 miles I knew I wasn't going to be able to go anywhere. I wish I could've slept all day but I didn't so I just watched TV, listen to music and play games on the computer. Theresa came in and fed the gang and well there wasn't much else to do, I was kind of enjoying all of this alone time.  Karen texted me and said that they're going to take her father off of life support and let nature take its course, it hurts so much.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sorry to hear about Karen's dad; glad that she was able to be there though for him and the family during this time. The pictures of the trees and the ocean are just so gorgeous!

betty