Monday, June 12, 2017

Warmer weather, feels great…

Monday was not such a good day.  Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. It seems like everybody has been complaining about Penny, the cat who has been living on my back porch, so I decided maybe it would be best to get rid of her… I found her a good home. My caregiver Theresa's eight-year-old daughter fell in love with her so I gave her to them. I immediately felt really bad and guilty but I thought I would get over, at least I won't have to hear everybody complain anymore. I texted Theresa this morning and she told me that Penny got away and ran off, I just fell apart. I have never felt this sad in my life. I just want her back, luckily she is microchip so there's a possibility somebody might find her. I just wanted to get in my chair and cruise around all day and not have to deal with any people, unfortunately my chair got plugged last night and wasn't challenged so I only made it a few miles and I had to come back. Luckily Karen was still here and put me back to bed for the day, I hope I don't have to talk to anybody because I'm still really sad. I tried to watch TV and busy myself on the computer but I just couldn't stop thinking about Penny. my friend Lisa and her son Justin got all the information from Penny, pictures and Teresa's address and started looking for her, they live in Watsonville also.

Tuesday was another bad day. Cindy came in and got me up and took me shopping. Lisa and Justin said they wanted to come over for a couple of hours to make sure I was okay, they are so sweet. They got here and we sat in the shade and Lisa told me that they found Penny, I got really excited looking around and then I started thinking… Where is she? Did you bring her? Is she in the car? Did you take her back to Teresa's house? And then Lisa said "she got hit by a car and we gave her a really nice burial" I tried everything I could to hold back the tears but I just couldn't do it. We talked about Penny for a while and then they went home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I couldn't stop crying, I finally fell asleep.

















Wednesday was another sad day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, all I really wanted to do was get out and cruise around and try to forget. We cursed to the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and my cousin Kelly texted me to see if I wanted to go to the farmers market later, I haven't really been to the farmers market for a long time. I cursed to the end of the wharf and over to the end of the boardwalk and back. Kelly and I cruised over to the farmers market and got a garbanzo bean naan wrap, pork and kimchi tacos and a blueberry chocolate rum cake… It was delicious. We cruised back and Rosa came in and put me to bed and again I fell asleep immediately, I would rather fall asleep than laying here awake thinking. My friend Lisa and her son sent me a beautiful vase with flowers, they are so thoughtful!







Thursday was another cold day but I got to get out of bed and get outside so it was okay. Karen came in and got me up and it was early so I decided to cruise with Robby down to the wharf before I go to my appointment downtown with Carol. I got there and Carol came out and said that she tried to call me because she had a cold and she didn't want to spread it to me so I left really quick. I cruised back down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk, back down to the wharf again and then I decided I better go home and charge my chair because it was still early and my batteries were already dying. I plugged my chair in for a couple of hours but then I only had an hour to prospective down to the wharf and back home again. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched TV for a while before I went to sleep.


















Friday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed Robby and I and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I think I like doing my personal care in the morning because it seems to give me more time in the evenings, during the summer I like to stay up a little bit later. The weather was really nice, not cold look the last couple of days. Robby and I went for cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the wharf, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and down to the end of the wharf and back again. When I left this morning somehow my Google glass got turned off so I was trying to turn it on by myself but it didn't work. I ran into Russell and asked him to turn them on but I think his fingers were too fat and he could press the button because I did come on so I ran into Peggy at the boardwalk and she turned them on for me, the clouds were so beautiful today and I thought I was going to miss getting pictures but I'm so happy that I got some. We cruised back and rested for a bit before Theresa came in and put me to bed, she wanted to come in a little early because she had to go to a graduation and party. It was so nice to have the rest of the evening to relax.



























Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I went out and talked to Omar for a while, he is building some storage for planting supplies on the side of the house in Robby's dog run. One of the ladies from the Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his Saturday puppy play date, of course he was anxious to go. It's been cold the last couple of days so I wore a thermal, a longsleeved shirt and a sweatshirt. As soon as I got down to the lagoon I knew I had made a mistake and I would be very warm in a little while. I cruised up to Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and down to the end of the wharf and back again and it was only 1 PM. It was really crowded everywhere so I texted Theresa and told her that I was heading home if she wanted to come in early and I just came on home, for some reason I have been really tired lately. I talked to Omar for a couple more minutes and then came inside to rest for a bit. My aunt and Kelly came in and Kelly went upstairs and my aunt came in to talk to me for a while, apparently they spotted me a couple times down by the wharf and Boardwalk but couldn't catch up… I asked her why didn't you just text me? She didn't even think about it. Teresa came in and put me to bed and made me a couple of bison tacos and some yogurt, fruit and granola and I fell sleep.















Sunday was a miserable day. Cindy came in and got me up and I felt so bloated and miserable, I thought maybe some fresh air would help me feel better. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, there was a notice up that the goats are coming on Monday. We cruised up through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive for a little bit, down to the end of the wharf but it was too cold and windy… I couldn't stop sneezing and coughing so I just came on home. Theresa came in at 2 PM and put me to bed and got Robby and I something to eat and again I was out, I think I'm a little depressed about Penny… I feel rotten and I miss her so much.










1 comment:

betty said...

Oh Tammie, I am sorry to hear about Penny, but don't beat yourself up too bad about it. You made a decision that seemed like a good one. It wasn't your fault Penny got out from where she was living. I hope the days ahead become more warmer and that you start feeling better soon.

betty