Monday, October 26, 2015

Getting back into a routine…

 Monday was a really great day. Lisa came in to get me up and I almost decided to stay in bed, I'm so glad that I did not because it was so beautiful out. I pretty much stayed in bed all weekend so I really did need to get out. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and I decided to just keep on going to the end through natural bridges beach to natural bridges park and see the monarch butterflies, at the support group last week somebody said there was millions of them… I saw maybe hundreds but it still was so beautiful to just tilt back in my chair and watch them fly around. I decided to come back down Delaware and make a full circle. The weather was perfect and not a lot of people out and about, I love cruising around while everybody is at work or school. We cruised back home and as I got to my backdoor I looked at the display on my chair and we had gone 11.1 miles and we got back home at 3:33 PM. I rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to put me to bed and I was asleep before she left.












































Tuesday was another great day. Lisa came in and got me up and Omar came by to take as to the half Moon Bay pumpkin patch, we have been planning on going for about a month but something kept coming up. It is such a beautiful drive out there and we had a lot of fun exploring the pumpkin patch and picking out pumpkins, it was such a cool place. On the way back we stopped at Año Nuevo State Park in Pescadero, another place and always wanted to check out. Unfortunately we miss the elephant seals by a couple of months, the guy in the tollbooth told us they are usually there from December to March so I will definitely be back. We got back and then rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and give me a nice long hot bath.


















































Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I had a dentist appointment to replace a crown and fill a couple teeth that had worn down, oh the joys of getting old. Marica messaged me yesterday and said that her and Teresa were in town celebrating their anniversary and asked me if I would like to meet them for lunch, I love hanging out with these ladies. We met at Mobo's sushi and had a really nice visit. We cruised home and Karen was still here so she went with me down to the flower shop to get some flowers and truffles for Rosa's birthday. I go by this little flower shop almost every day and I always wanted to check it out to see what they have and they have everything, I will definitely be back. We came back and went to put the flowers in the refrigerator outside and Karen noticed about three racks of ribs that have been there probably since July, they were pretty gross. Rosa came in and put me to bed and Seth came over to watch TV for a while.















Thursday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised downtown for my weekly appointment with my psychologist, the time always goes by so fast but I know I'm making some real progress. After my appointment we cruised over to the Metro bus station to check on my ID for para cruise, I went down there two or three weeks ago and the lady took down my name and said somebody would get back to me… I lost my ID when we painted my room and had to take everything out. The lady took my picture and said somebody would contact me and they would either send it to me or I can go down and pick it up when it's ready. We cruised down the San Lorenzo reservoir to the boardwalk and then down to the wharf and back a couple times, it was so nice outside I didn't want to go home until I had to. We cruised on home and rested for a bit until Rosa came in. Rosa put me to bed and of course we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath.

























Friday was another absolutely beautiful day. Karen got me up and I just took off with Robby to just cruise around and enjoy this beautiful day. My brother was working on my home automation system so I came back every hour to check the thermostat, it seems to shut off every couple of hours but of course while he was looking at it it didn't. We cruise down to the Lagoon and back the ladies were still cleaning so we cruise down to the wharf and I talked to Kevin for a while, Kevin is one of the security officers I have met in my travels at the wharf. I never thought I would but I love cruising around and talking to different people, I'm really trying to overcome my social anxiety and Santa Cruz is a great place to do it. There is a Mexican restaurant on the wharf called Olitas, it's upstairs and I see people go up there all the time so I decided to check out the menu that they have on display downstairs… I cannot wait to go to this place. They have duck carnitas tacos… along with every other kind of taco you can imagine, they also have lobster tacos. As soon as I find somebody to go with me I am there! It was time to go back Home and wait for Theresa to come and put me to bed. She put me to bed and Seth came over and we started to watch a movie but then his grandma came over to take him back home, his curfew it's 10 o'clock p.m.





































Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I was getting ready to leave when Seth came over and asked me if I wanted to hang out and cruise around so I sent sure, that's what I was going to do anyway. We cruise down to the wharf and back, Down Westcliff Drive and across the street to the trails and really cool trees, back down W. Cliff Dr. And to the boardwalk where they were having the chili cook off, I wanted to get a sweatshirt but They were packing things up already so just have to trying to find one online. I came home and rested for a bit and then Theresa came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and a bath.





































Sunday was not a good day, I don't know what's wrong with me I just don't feel good and my bladder keeps leaking… very frustrating. Stuff like this always happens on the weekend. I just laid around on my side until Theresa came in to feed Robby and I. Seth came over and we watch some TV.

1 comment:

betty said...

It seemed for the most part that last week was a good week for you, Tammie :) The weather does look gorgeous there! How fun to see all the monarch butterflies you did and also all the other decorations with Halloween. I must say those duck carnitas and lobster tacos sound delicious! Hope you get to eat at the restaurant soon!

betty