Monday, September 7, 2015

It's back to usual around here…

Monday what's kind of a sad day around here. David and Melissa left for Oregon at 6 AM, it was sad to see them go but I'm glad they were here. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a really long cruise, our usual cruise except we cruised down San Lorenzo reservoir to Ross, I didn't do any shopping I just wanted to cruise a little bit more. I came home and rest for a bit Rosa and then came in and put me to bed. I am really enjoying the food from this new chef. Tonight, besides breakfast lunch and dinner, he gave me a couple of desserts… chocolate raspberry and lime Mandarin tofu mousse. I have a chocolate raspberry and it was really good, he said or sugar free. I'm not going to have my Google Glass for a while, they broke and I had to mail them in and get it replaced.

Tuesday was another great day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me to Federal express to exchange my Google glass and to send a couple of shirts to David that he left here. Then she took me over to the nursery to get some more soil, my vines and my roses are sprouting. Our last stop was at Scott's auto body to get an estimate I'm getting the door fixed. We were going to go to Costco but it just got to be too late so we just came back and I rested for a bit and then took Robby out for a cruise to the wharf and back a couple of times. Rosa came in and put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for really nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. I came back and met Karen Down at the farmers market so she can help me get some rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, White onions and strawberries… Rosa said she was going to make flautas for dinner. I came back home and watch some TV for a while until Rosa came in. Rosa put me to bed and made a killer dinner of flautas, chicken, cheese and potato. She also guacamole, beans and rice. We waited a while and checked my blood sugar and it wasn't high… I was really surprised. Omar is taking down my front gate so he can put a trellis and an Arbor around the front gate so I can wear some vines, I'm so excited!

Thursday was a pretty good day, the weather has been a really nice. Karen came in and got me up Lisa came by to take me to Costco, usually the weekdays are the best days to go to Costco but it was pretty crowded. We got what we needed and got out of there. Lisa brought me home I put the stuff away and I took Robby for a nice long cruise. We cruised over and went down to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the Boardwalk and back and then to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and of course my much loved nice long hot bath.

Friday was a pretty good day. Susan came in for my massage and noticed that there was something in the cage out on the porch and it wasn't a raccoon… I was just saying to someone the other day" I don't know what I will do if we ever caught a skunk in this cage" sure enough, there was a skunk in the cage. Susan called a couple different places and I went for a cruise thinking it was taken care of, I came back from my 5 mile cruise with Robby and it was still on the porch. I was going to go to the last concert on the beach, Papa Do Run Run, but Robbie got sick a couple of times so I didn't want to leave him home alone and I didn't want to take him with me… I think he's just not handling the heat as well as she used to. I felt so bad because when I came back the skunk was still there and it had no water so I called native animal control and they came out and for $250 they took away my little friend, they also said they don't print back the cages. I think from now on I will just pick up all the food and water in the yard and not try to catch any more critters. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening.

Saturday was a restful day. I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I decided to stay in bed and wouldn't you know it it was beautiful outside. I slept on and off most of the day and watch TV. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take my nice long hot bath.

Sunday was also a day of rest. It looked like it was going to be really hot outside and it got up to 88° so I'm glad I decided just stay in bed. Theresa came in to set me back up and feed Robby and I, after just a couple of weekends she is doing just great and I am so lucky to have found her… thank you Rosa

1 comment:

betty said...

Oh no with the skunk, Tammie! Good idea to just pick up stuff and hopefully no critter will decide to make a permanent home in your yard! Sorry to hear about the Google Glass; hope if gets fixed or replaced soon! I definitely do enjoy the pictures you share here from it :)