Monday, September 7, 2015

Another week without my Google Glass…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and on my new cushion, we finally have time to try it out. I'm only supposed to stay on it for two hours and then back to bed and check to make sure there are no pressure sores, everything looks good and I got to take Robby out for a 7 mile cruise. Is supposed to get really hot today but we got in a nice cruise and made it back before it was unbearable. Today is the last day that the boardwalk is open to the public so of course it was really really crowded. I came back home and Omar was working on the Arbor in the front yard, I just know it's going to look great like everything else he does. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and finished washing clothes.







Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice long cruise, I wanted to get out and about before it got too hot. I'm still breaking in my new cushion so I was up for about three hours and then Lisa put me back to bed. I took my van over and dropped it off at Scott's auto body to get the door fixed, the door was bent from running over a curb and it kept popping back open when you were trying to close it. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday I was a little bummed, it was supposed to be 95° outside and our spinal cord injury support group, we have one on the second Wednesday of every month. I totally forgot that I had taken my van into get fixed and I was going to try to cruise over to the support group in my chair but it was just way too hot. I did get to take Robby for cruise but the heat was unbearable so Karen was still here when I got back so I just had her put me back to bed and texted Rosa to tell her she didn't have to come in. This is the second support I have missed and I just really wanted to go. I was going to relax in bed and watch movies but I kept falling asleep. Omar did some more work on the Arbor in my front yard and it really looks great, now we just need to figure out what color to paint the fence. Of course I didn't make it over to the farmers market either.





Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I was able to take Robby on a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz, we went at about 5 miles before it got really hot. I came back and rested for a bit and just watch TV until Rosa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I miss my Google Glass.

Friday was a really good day, a lot cooler than it has been the last couple of days. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised through the Lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the Boardwalk and back. It's so much nicer to cruise along the boardwalk when everything is closed, there are still some people there and a lot of the stores are open but it's easier to get around. I like the crowds because it's good practice for Robby to ignore people but personally I like it when it's more empty. We cruised on home and I rested for a bit, I'm afraid to tilt back when I am out and about because my chair sounds really awful and I don't want to get stuck. I still haven't heard back from Numotion even though Daniel promised me he would put a rush on it. I don't know why I expected anything less. Theresa came in and put me to bed. While she was putting me to bed I got a message from Marica saying that her and Teresa made it into town and are getting comfortable, they're staying at a bed and breakfast less than half a block away… I can't wait to see them tomorrow and I would love to check out the place that they are staying. I go by it all the time and I have always wanted to go inside and take pictures, Marisa sent me some pictures so I will have them on here since I don't have any.


















Saturday was just an amazing day. There was a Loma Prieta Elementary school Reunion on the boardwalk here in Santa Cruz, I thought it was on the boardwalk but it was on the sand in front of the boardwalk so I couldn't really get down to say hello to everyone. The weather has been really warm but today it was overcast a little chilly, the fog never did burn off but we were pretty happy for it. A couple of the guys thought that maybe they could carry me Down to say hello but unfortunately that's not possible, it was very sweet of them to offer. My friends Marisa and Teresa came down from Visalia and stayed at the babbling Brook bed and breakfast literally quarter quarter of A block away, I pass by it all the time and I can see through the fence I I always wanted to go in And take pictures and check it out and it was even more amazing than I imagined, of course they didn't have my Google glass but I hope one day to go up and be able to take pictures… Teresa took some and sent them to me and after the Reunion sheri and I went and hung out with them for a while. They have a really nice spread with wine and champagne, cheese and crackers, stuffed mushrooms and cookies. They have some oil and vinegar's from the place downtown where I get mine, they had blood orange and chocolate and a cut up loaf of French bread, it was so good. The day was over before we know it and it's time to come back home so my caregiver could put me to bed, all the fun stuff goes by way too fast. Sheri and I came back here and Theresa put me to bed and I asleep pretty much right away. The last picture is from elementary school and I am the one in the middle of the back, always the tallest. Sheri is down one row and just to the right of me. When we got back Omar I Had put the trellis and the finishing touches on my arbor over the front gate and it looks amazing, I can't wait to plant vines to go over-the-top.





Sunday was another great day. Sheri spent the night here and we got to spend part of the day together before she had to leave. Cindy came in and got me up and Sheri and I headed for downtown, there was a lot to do downtown today. They had about a 2 or three block long antique yard sale with a bunch of cool stuff. Sheri found one of those old Metal fire trucks that you pedal to fix up, I remember those from when I was little. We headed over to the Olive connection to check out the oil and vinegars, we both ended up getting sample packs and I can't wait to try them. Of course we both had to get blood orange and chocolate. We walked through the Greek festival and they were just setting up, they didn't open it up for about 20 minutes so we decided to go to Pono Hawaiian barbecue for lunch, I love this place. Well we were waiting for our food Aki came up to say hello, I haven't seen her for a while and it was nice to catch up a little bit… hopefully we can get together soon and really catch up. We came back home and Sheri hit the road and I came in to rest for a bit before Theresa came in to put me to bed. I was going to take Robby for a little cruise but he got sick twice in the driveway so I decided to just let him rest until Theresa came. Teresa put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Unfortunately the battery on my lift died so my mom had to come down and her and Theresa listed be out of the tub and onto the bed.

2 comments:

betty said...

How fun with the reunion from your elementary school days, Tammie, and to get to see an "old" friend! Looked like it was great to reconnect with those that were there! Hoping the weather turns a bit more fall like so you can enjoy more cruises with Robbie!

betty

Anonymous said...

Why do all school pictures from the 1970s look the same?