Monday, August 3, 2015

It's warming up again here…

 Monday was a great day. The rush of the wharf to wharf is over and hopefully soon my sinus infection will be over to. I get up and cruise around like crazy and the next day I feel like crap and just try to stay in bed and try to breath.  Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a really long cruise around Santa Cruz. Towards the end of the race yesterday I was feeling pretty bad, I was supposed to meet a friend at Zelda's in Capitola and I looked around for a little bit but I don't know how you find anybody in that mess. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just rested for the rest of the evening.













Tuesday was another day in bed feeling rotten and trying to breath. I bought this sinus steemer and it helps for a little bit but you have to hold it on your face for 25 minutes and that's hard to do when you can't breath, needless to say I get really cranky when I don't feel good. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, of course I felt better after that.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. We have a raccoon problem on my back porch and Penny, the kitty that adopted me, doesn't really spend too much time there anymore at night because the raccoon comes up and eats her food and plays in her water. Omar had a friend who has a raccoon trap so he was going to trap him and set him free in Watsonville. I thought I heard something banging around outside but by morning there was no raccoon, no food left in the cage and the cage was all bent up… Apparently we got one but it got away, they are so unbelievably smart. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back to rest for a bit before I met Rosa at the farmers market. I got all the way down there and then realize I didn't bring any bags with me, I always do that and it makes me crazy. I had gotten a list from David, him and Melissa will be back on Friday, but I couldn't get everything they wanted so I guess ill just wait and either get it at New Leaf or go back to the farmer's market next week. I got some pluots and salad stuff. I also got some rotisserie chicken and potatoes, a rotisserie chicken over the potatoes so the juices drip while the potatoes are cooking… The taste is incredible. I noticed that they had baby back ribs also and I was going to get some but I just forgot… Next week. We came home and Rosa put me to bed and I rested for the rest of the evening, it's not getting any easier to breath and I'm getting real nervous. Omar came by to try the raccoon trap again, this time with marshmallows. Raccoons are pretty smart and if he does fall for it again going to be really surprised.















Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I went to see my therapist, it's been a couple weeks and I had a lot to tell her. After my appointment Robby and I went for a nice long cruise around the downtown area and then we came back and rested, and to go back out again but I just decided to hang out and watch TV for a while. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and relax and watch TV for the rest of the evening.













 Friday was also a good day, except for somebody broke by Google Glass and didn't say anything… That is so frustrating. Karen came in and got me up and when she went to put on my Google Glass it was broken, one of this stems broke off, it doesn't fold up like most glasses do and it looks like somebody trying to fold it up and broke it. It's kind of weird cruising around without my Google Glass after wearing it for so long, I keep trying to see what time it is and winking and taking pictures. Rosa came in and put me to bed, I decided not to go to the concert because I was just a little stressed out and exhausted. I lost one of my caregivers that had been here for about seven years and I lost another one that is only been here for about a month, everyone has to move on but it's still very heartbreaking. David and Melissa came back from vacationing with David's family and it was really nice to have them back.

Saturday was a pretty good day. We trained a new girl for Saturday and Sunday mornings, it was Rose's daughter Cindy. She came in earlier in the week but she seemed tired and right before she left she fainted, that made me a little bit nervous. She was her old self today, I've talked to her quite a few times which came to pick up her mom from work. She remembered a lot and did really well, I think she's going to work out great. I took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon, way down Westcliff Drive and back into the end of the wharf and back and then home. We cruised back and Omar glued by Google Glass and fixed the shower hose in my tub, that broke also. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed… What a great feeling.

Sunday was a really great day. Another day of training Cindy and again she did a really great job. My mom, David, Melissa, Robby and myself went to breakfast at the roadhouse restaurant… Actually by the time we got there it was lunch but it was great. After we parked the van on the way into the restaurant we noticed an old airstream trailer store so we decided to check it out after we ate, they have a really cool storefront with the lot of vintage and handcrafted items. It was so much fun to look around and they had a bunch of seating areas made of bales of hay and Adirondack chairs… Will definitely be back there also. We also found an old abandoned jailhouse. We had to come back early because Rosa was putting me to bed and she had somewhere to be at 5 PM, she came in to put me to bed at 3 PM. David barbecued steaks and carrots and Melissa made a really nice salad for dinner, they are so much fun to have around.






























2 comments:

betty said...

That would be sad to lose care givers, Tammie. I'm sure you do become attached to them. I liked the pictures of Robbie rolling in the grass; looked like he was having lots of fun!

betty

Anonymous said...

You won't believe this, but I was typing the word raccoon, and one sauntered by my sliding glass window. I have never seen one at this house. Too freaky.

Loved the pics of Robbie and the kitty.