Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This is going to be my last surgery/procedure…

 Monday was an awesome day. I got up and did my exercises and then took Robby on a really really long cruise. We went through the lagoon and up over the bridge above the wharf and I decided to go see how crowded it was on West Cliff Dr., we used a cruise that all the time and it's so beautiful. We cruised all the way down past the lighthouse and then decided to turn back because it was getting really cold and windy. We cruised to the end of the wharf, they have a couple of seal outlook places they cut in the wharf where the sea lions, doggie mermaids, like to hang out. Every time we go by there Robby likes to stick his  head through the rail and look at them for a while. I never thought about it before but that's what everyone does, a guy came over and asked if he could take a picture because Robby look so cute with a bunch of people looking over the rail and Robby looking through it… he said Robby looked like a tourist. I'm going to have to get Kelly to take a picture of that. We cruised back and then over to the boardwalk which was again deserted after the weekend. I came back and Karen put me to bed and I had a nice relaxing evening visiting with my aunt and uncle and Tom and Kelly. For breakfast I had some mustard chicken and brussels sprouts and for dinner I also had mustard chicken and brussels sprouts with some greens and some awesome macaroni and cheese that Kelly made.

Tuesday was another great day. I got up and did my exercises and then took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon, the wharf and the boardwalk. The boardwalk was again deserted for the week so we practiced some of our commands, Robby is so smart. We put some tug ropes on a couple of drawers and cabinets so he can practice opening and closing them. Teresa put me to bed and nurse came to give me a complete physical for my life insurance and then Susan came to give me a massage, I just love getting a massage. We did some personal care after everybody left and I was so tired I slept right through it. For breakfast I had a stuffed pork loin and some greens and for dinner I had a tuna salad wrap and some Pringles… probably not a good idea when the nurses going to come and take my blood, hindsight…

Wednesday was really nice. After I got up I went downtown with Karen to drop off some of my shirts at the tie-dye place, the guy said he would tie dye some for me and I'm so excited. We decided to go to the Surfriders Café  for lunch and we had another awesome experience. I had Angus sliders with Gorgonzola cheese and bacon bits with sweet potato fries and Karen had sliders with cheddar cheese and sweet potato fries. The guy remembered me from when I was in there a couple of days ago. I used another expired groupon, only 3 left. I went up to Safeway to pick up a prescription and then cruised back home just in time for Sony to put me to bed. I have some fish and some kale and then my uncle and my aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cards… I won a dollar.

 Thursday was a pretty good day. I got up a little related than I expected but I got to do my exercises and take Robby for a long cruise. Teresa came by and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot shower, unfortunately no baths for a while. Teresa took Robby home with her so that Jess can cruise him around for me tomorrow while I get my procedure done, I am getting Smart lypo on my chin. I am more nervous about this than my last surgery because this is going to be a place where I can potentially feel it even though it's going to be done under local anesthesia am a little afraid of the pain afterwards. I know he has done this about 1 million times before so I have every confidence in the doctor. I wish it was tomorrow night at this time right now so it can be over with. For breakfast I had a poached egg and lamb patties and for dinner I had chicken and kale… I can't wait until I can have garlic again, nobody is going to want to be around me for a while.

Friday was a really crazy day. I have my appointment with Dr. Piro to get smart liposuction on my chin. I was more nervous about this one that I was about the breast reconstruction because my neck I can feel. We stopped off at the cafeteria and got a breakfast burrito and some coffee because neither one of us had time to eat, there was actually a really great burrito. We got to the office and they started injecting local shots in my neck and I have to admit it was really uncomfortable. The next shot is the procedure plus more local anesthesia, you could hear the fat pop and it sounded really weird.  I didn't get to see what it looked like when he was done because he covered it with some compression bandages that I have to keep on for a week. I know it's going to be worth it but these bandages are driving me crazy. I got home and just went to bed and just kind of chilled out the rest of the night.





 Saturday I pretty much stayed in bed and took pain meds.

Sunday was the same thing, stay in bed and take pain meds.

1 comment:

betty said...

Those were interesting pictures from your liposuction, Tammie. Hoping the healing is going good! What a cute picture that must have been with Robbie like that! He sure has character and you can tell others see it too with the guy wanting to take his picture! Again, your food is always so delicious looking here! Those fries and burgers looked yummy!

betty