Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's starting to cool down a bit…

 Monday was a really restful day. I was really tired so I decided to just stay in bed. The nurse from the Peninsula Hospital called to do my preop for Thursday over the phone, it took longer than I thought but she was really nice. The rest of the day I kind of just slept on and off, it felt great. I used to stay in bed at least once a week and I really miss those days but then when I stay in bed I do get a little restless and wish that I could get out. Especially on days like today where it ended up warming up to 81°. Teresa came over and we did my personal care and I got a nice long hot bath, I love doing my personal care and bath at night instead of the morning because then I can get up earlier and enjoy more of the day. For breakfast I had chili relleno casserole with Canadian bacon, mushrooms and spinach that Teresa made… it was so good I couldn't stop eating it so I ate way too much. For dinner I had tilapia with lemon and capers, eggplant and spinach.
 Tuesday was another lazy day, I stayed in bed. The accountant came by to help me with my bills and Susan came by to give me a much-needed massage, it has been a couple of weeks. After she left I was so relaxed and sleepy, I just love that feeling. I talked to Teresa a little bit about what were going to do after the surgery and what we're going to need to bring to make me comfortable on the way home. I think her and Jess are going to keep Robby for a couple of days so he doesn't jump up on me, every time we moved my bed out he likes to jump up and hang out for a while. I e-mailed Cici with a bunch of questions, she is Dr. Piro's assistant. I'm sure she's quite tired of all my last-minute questions but she's very sweet about it, I just hope I'm not the only one who asked all these questions at the last minute… I'm sure I'm not. For breakfast I had poached egg sandwich with wheat bread and for dinner I had some lentil and spinach soup that Heather made. Heather also made some Green Chile soup, I saw her roasting peppers outside and it smelled wonderful.  I also had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the jelly and my moms friend Betty made, it was killer.

Wednesday was such a nice day, not too hot and not too cold. I took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon, through the park, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back, through town and to the bank to make an extra payment on the principle of my mortgage. I came back and rested for a while and did my exercises for the research and then Teresa came by and did my personal care and I got a nice long hot bath with hexafluoride, I feel so clean. Tomorrow morning is the big day. I have my breast reconstruction surgery. We have been trying to go over everything  that we are going to need to do and although it doesn't sound easy but will definitely be worth it in the long run. I think the hardest part will be trying to sit up at a 45° angle for a couple of weeks. I had a poached egg, some wheat toast and some apricot jam that my mom's friend Betty made, it was really good… I think apricot is my favorite. For dinner I had some green chili soup that Heather made, THAT was awesome. Well… here I go, wish me luck.

Thursday went pretty smoothly. We got to the hospital and got to our room and there were a lot of people that help us although thank God I had Teresa, she knew exactly what to do. I woke up in the recovery room feeling like crap but I expected that. They somehow got me loaded in my chair and brought me home and that's all I really remember, somebody kept telling me to breathe deep and I wanted to smack them.

Friday I pretty much took the Percocet every 4 hours and slept, it's really hard to do everything at a 45° angle… I wish I would've practiced although I doubt it would have done much good. Everybody has been really good about letting me rest.

Friday was pretty much the same, I was out of it most of the day. I had all these hopes of watching movies and watching some of the shows on my TiVo but so far nothing has happened but sleep. People are waking me up to eat and then take your pills and then I am back to sleep again. I guess I'm catching up on all my sleep now.

Saturday is the same thing all over again, eat, pills, sleep.

Sunday I feel a little bit more awake even with the pills, I hope that is a good sign. I haven't gotten bored yet if they are getting hot and cold flashes and that is really annoying but thank goodness Robby isn't here or I would be making him crazy. 1 min. I have the air conditioner up to 70° and the next minute I haven't up to 78°.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you got through the surgery okay, Tammie, hope the recovery is going the right way and soon I hope you'll be back to your normal self. Good idea to have someone else keep an eye on Robby during this time. I do like the pictures of him sleeping :)

betty