Monday, February 13, 2012

The weeks just keep getting better…

Monday was kind of cold but it was great to be outside. Robby and I went on our regular cruise around town and back. On our way back we stopped by my aunts to see the castle that my cousin’s kid made, he is so creative and such a perfectionist I knew it would look awesome. I wanted to go to Ross to get some thermal shirts and some tank dresses for our trip but it was way too cold and I forgot to have Karen put some cash in Robby’s wallet. I keep a wallet in the pocket of Robby’s vest so when I’m out and about I can have people get money out so they don’t have to go into my backpack and get my wallet. It works out great because I can just have Robby jump up on the counter and all they need to do is unzip the side of his vest and there is.

Tuesday I didn’t plan on getting up anyway because it was cold and rainy. Personal care took a lot longer than I thought. Both Heather and Cassie came over to visit, that was nice. The rest of the evening I just relaxed, watched some TV and movie. My uncle came over with a bowl of chili and it was really good, he keeps trying different recipes to find just the right one. This one had tomato soup? Never heard of that but it was really good. He also had red and black beans in it, garlic of course, hamburger and chorizo, a green chili and a little bell pepper. I think he’s pretty close to finding the perfect chili.

You know what you say but you don't know what they hear…

Wednesday was another miserable day of personal care, I don’t know what’s wrong with me but it’s getting very frustrating. I didn’t get to get out for a couple of hours with Robby and the weather was beautiful so that’s always good. We went on our regular cruise and ended up at Ross. I went there to look for thermals and tank dresses for our road trip, I have no idea what the weather is going to be like. I didn’t find anything but I’m sure I have enough stuff to where, I just need to look in the other closet to see what I forgot I have.

Thursday was yet another miserable day of personal care, it has to be over. I ended up staying in bed again but I think we got everything taken care of and I got a nice long hot bath. I’m going to try to get up tomorrow after my massage… wish me luck!

Friday I didn’t get to get up but I have a nice relaxing day in bed. I don’t really watch the movies I get from Netflix so I canceled my subscription except for the streaming, I don’t really watch that either but it’s a nice option. We played cribbage and Claudia was my partner… we killed. I started out with $4 and ended up with $10, a pretty good night? My uncle brought over a huge bowl of popcorn, he makes the best popcorn. We had some cheese and crackers but didn’t break them out, I was really looking forward to that but I think I’m the only one that wanted some.

Saturday was a really nice day. I wanted to get up early enough to take Robby for a nice long cruise before we left for San Jose but it was too cold and wet. We were invited to my old neighbors… no pun intended… 99th birthday party. I haven’t seen a lot of these people since I moved away almost 4 years ago and it was really nice to see everyone. I thought it would be a little warmer in San Jose but it really wasn’t. By the time we got back I was really tired and fell asleep almost as soon as I got into bed.

Sunday turned out to be a really long day for personal care but I got to take a nice long hot bath, go back to bed, relax and watch some TV. I ordered a new battery for my portable lift because the old one wouldn’t charge anymore. The guy wouldn’t give me a price and call me on the way and said he was bringing me his to use for the trip and then he would bring me a new one, I’m kind of annoyed because he took my old one with him. I think he’s just going to replace something in my old one and charge me for a new one, he seems to be always really shady and I think charges way too much… we will see. I told Karen I wish we would have made some little mark on my other battery, the one that died, so I can see if he just brings me back that one. Why does he need to take the old battery if it’s supposedly not working?? I don’t know if I’m just getting suspicious in my old age, I feel like I’ve just been taken advantage of a lot.

No comments: