Monday, February 14, 2011

The calm before the storm...

Monday a course was massaged day and it always feels so great. My massage therapist suggested that maybe I get a massage twice a week, once by her and the other by Kimberly, who used to be my caregiver but her real passion is massages. It might be a really good idea. After I got up and took Robby for a cruise down to the boardwalk and then down to the wharf. Cassidy and Teresa switched days so Teresa came to put me to bed.

Tuesday I was supposed to get my haircut, manicure and pedicure but Robby was throwing up so I didn’t think it was a good idea to take him to the nursing care facility so I rescheduled for next Tuesday. Heather came by so we decided to go have tacos and cruised through the lagoon, I haven’t spent time with her for a long time because she’s been so busy so it was really nice. Teresa came by and we went shopping at Macy’s, they had a huge 25-75% off and we got some really good deals. I was afraid that I spent a lot more than I did so I was happy. I got some really nice stuff.

Wednesday was an awesome day. The weather was beautiful so Robby and I cruised along the cliffs. I wanted to go all the way down to the end where natural Bridges Beach is because the monarch butterflies are there but I was afraid to go very far from my house because the laid-back on my chair is making a loud noise so I don’t want to be laying back and public and have my chair break. Wednesday we trained Kimberly how to do the morning routine, she is going to be doing Tuesday’s and Thursdays for awhile to get Karen a break. She brought her surging machine and sewed up the back of some of my shirts, I cut them up the back so that they’re easier to put on in the chair. I can’t wait to have her serge some of my sweaters and skirts.

Thursday Kimberly got me up and I took Robby for a cruise, the weather is starting to cool down a little bit and next week it’s going to rain. Teresa came by and put me to bed.

Friday we decided not to go to the skilled nursing facility. The morning routine was taking a long time and Cassy didn’t feel like going by herself. I decided to just stay in bed after I took a bath and I had a really nice relaxing day.

A dog owns nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied. ~
Irish Proverb

Saturday was an awesome day. It was about 70° outside so Robby and I took a cruise down to natural Bridges State Park, I finally used my odometer app on my phone and it’s about 7 miles there and back. Unfortunately when I got back I was having bladder problems and didn’t look like I might have a UTI.

Sunday I ended up staying in bed AGAIN because if I have a UTI problem it’s better to stay in bed. I took a nice long hot bath and changed my SP tube and hoped for the best. Jess came over and took Robby for a nice long walk. My uncle and aunt came over later that night and played cribbage with my mom and I, that cheered me up considerably.

No comments: