Monday, April 19, 2010

Family visiting...




I didn’t make it to yoga class last Wednesday. They wanted me to come without my brace and I got about halfway and I am much too wobbly and the sidewalks are very unstable, it’s very dangerous. I don’t want anybody to drive me because if I’m going to do it I would rather do it alone are not at all. My OT from Dominican homecare Julie is going to meet me there next Wednesday so she can help me out and see what goes on, she knows a lot of people that might be interested.

I went to see Dr. Jett just for our regular checkup, I see her about every three months just to check in, she is a spinal cord injury Dr. is very knowledgeable about just about everything.

Yesterday, Sunday, I went to the school where we have our weekly play date but nobody showed up. Dr. Owens said that she wasn’t going to be there but that her daughter probably would. It was a beautiful day and Robby and I enjoyed the shade. We took a stroll on Westcliffe, along the beach, and ran into Robby’s grandma, Inez. I had met the lady in the Little shop in Los Gatos right after I got Robby and gave her my card. She was with her husband and a good friend and each of them had a CCI dog. one puppy was in training, one had turned three that day and Robby’s grandma. After I got home she sent me a picture of the three dogs with a beautiful background of the ocean. Hopefully next time she comes to Santa Cruz she will let me know and we can get together.

I am finally discharged from home health care so now I can proceed with my standing frame and the seating clinic. They have a new chair back that is molded to your body so hopefully I won’t have to wear back braces anymore, especially in the summer they are so hot.

My uncle, aunt, cousin and his wife are going to be here today from Arizona. I have not seen them in a very long time and I am so excited. They are going to be here for a week and I’m sure it will go by way too fast. My brother David from Georgia will be here Thursday morning and my brother Stanley and Corinne and possibly his wife will be here Thursday evening, pretty much everybody is going to stay until Sunday or Monday. I love it when family gets together.I didn’t make it to yoga class last Wednesday. They wanted me to come without my brace and I got about halfway and I am much too wobbly and the sidewalks are very unstable, it’s very dangerous. I don’t want anybody to drive me because if I’m going to do it I would rather do it alone are not at all. My OT from Dominican homecare Julie is going to meet me there next Wednesday so she can help me out and see what goes on, she knows a lot of people that might be interested.

I went to see Dr. Jett just for our regular checkup, I see her about every three months just to check in, she is a spinal cord injury Dr. is very knowledgeable about just about everything.

1 comment:

betty said...

enjoy your family visit, Tammie!! I hope the weather stays nice for everyone to enjoy some outside activities!

betty