Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween in downtown Santa Cruz...











Halloween turned out to be a really good day. Teresa met me on her lunch hour to help me pick out a shoulder bag for Heather for her birthday, I noticed that hers was being held together by Scotch tape in some places. Deborah and Clayton brought the girls by so that we could see their costumes, I have not seen the girls in several years and they are getting so big. Deborah and Clayton used to live next door to Uncle Dick and that Aunt Kathy and became really good friends of the family. Teresa came by after work and we headed downtown, I heard that Halloween is really crazy in Santa Cruz. They blocked off most of the streets downtown and everybody was just walking around visiting. Some of the costumes were so cool and creative and I had such a good time just watching everybody. About 8:00 p.m. it started raining really hard so we got under one of the overhangs to wait it out but it looked like it just wasn't going to stop so we decided to make a break for it and run home in the rain, we were SOAKED to the bone but it was worth it. Deborah was telling me about a taco bar downtown so we decided to try it, the talk was were delicious and I will definitely be back. I had to steak tacos and a Margarita on the rocks.
Today is Heather's birthday so her, Teresa and I went to see Angelina Jolie's new movie Changeling, it was the best movie I have seen for a very long time. Heather wasn't feeling well so she almost didn't go but we were all glad that she did.

2 comments:

betty said...

such cute costumes; lots of creativity there and you looked absolutely royal in your queen's attire!!! except for the rain; it seemed like a delightful night!!

that taco bar sounds like a great place to go!!

great idea to get Heather a new purse for her birthday; sorry she was a bit under the weather

I hadn't heard too much about the new Angelina Jolie movie; I'll check it out :)

betty

Linda :) said...

How Fun!! and look how great you look!!
Have a good week!