Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Finally! I found a couple of caregivers that look really promising…

 Monday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then my stomach started acting up, so we ended up doing some more personal care, and it lasted pretty much all day long. The good news is I got another nice long hot relaxing bath, that makes everything better. I decided to stay in bed because I was exhausted, and most of the day was gone. I had a dentist appointment that I had to cancel. Karen went to take Dude out to the dog run to go to the bathroom, and the whole dog run was filled with fog, so she took a picture, and I looked really cool! It's actually from the dryer vent hitting the cold air, but it looked spooky! My niece and nephew sent me some more pictures of the cutest baby in the world, Eleanor! I haven't even met her yet, but just listening to everyone else talking about her and looking at the pictures, she is one sweet, loved human being in the making! My brother sends me a lot of names, and I love them; some of them are so hilarious! I listened to music, edited some pictures, and then watched TV for a while until my mom came down to feed the hungry mongrel and then provided me. I wanted to be the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.











 Tuesday was a really great day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Dude for a short cruise down to the lagoon and back while Cindy cleaned up; when I came back, Cindy cruised us over to the Santa Cruz animal shelter for our biweekly CCI puppy play date… Jan and I were the only ones that showed up. I guess it doesn't really matter how many people show up, as long as our little guys get to play and have a good time! After the puppy play date, we cruised over to Safeway to do a little bit of grocery shopping and pick up a couple of prescriptions. We cruised by the farm bakery and applesauce, and I decided to get a Cobb salad with prawns, some avocado toast, carrot cake cupcake, and some white chocolate mocha coffee.
We got to go and brought one home for my mom, and it was a big hit! We will definitely be going back there! We cruised home, ate lunch, and then Blanca came in so we could show her the routine. Joy came by to take our hungry little hippo out for some exercise. I lifted some pictures off of Facebook from my cousin, it looks like they went to a Rise festival, and it looked like they had a lot of fun. My nephew and my niece sent me some more baby pictures; what a sweet little girl! I can't wait to meet her in person! The rest of the evening, I just played candy crush, I wish I could get myself motivated to do ANYTHING else, but I just can't. When I play candy crush or do anything on the computer for longer than 20 minutes, my pinched nerves flare-up in the back of my shoulders which is a good reminder to tell me to rest for a while. I watched TV for a time until I fell asleep.





































































Wednesday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, provided me, and then we settled down for some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I've been starting to watch Ted Lasso because I usually sit in the commode chair in front of the TV when we do personal care, so why not? Otherwise, I have a hard time figuring out how to turn it on when I'm in bed; I love that show! After my bath, should put me back to bed, get me dressed, and end up in my chair. The weather looks gorgeous, but even more than that, the waves are amazing! We took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, and then down to the boardwalk and home. For some reason, my batteries are starting to die again after only 4 miles; usually, I can go eight or 10, and the battery hardly loses any power. One of my other cheers did this many times; we probably changed the batteries 10 or 12 times until I went to an abilities Expo and talked to one of the specialty ladies there for Permobil. She undid the box with the batteries go, and there was another box that had slid down… It was supposed to be mounted on the side, but it had slipped down. I hope these guys are going to be able to figure it out. The sad thing is it doesn't really give me any notice; all the sudden, the chair just stalls, and I have to turn it off and then wait for a while and then turn it back on, and it drives fine unless I go on any kind of incline Bennett jolts to a stop again. It's so frustrating! So I limped my chair at They are starting to get really creative home and took a couple of pictures of the drive control to send them, so now I just wait… they are beginning to get really creative with the decorating at the wharf, they finally got somebody in there who really wants to make the place better and she is doing a phenomenal job! More fun games and cool pictures of stuff around the wharf. Maybe the boardwalk will be next? Somebody told me that they don't do it because of religious complaints; no matter what you do, people will complain, so maybe they should get one of those suggestion boxes and mounted out in the middle of the ocean? Possibly after this whole pandemic, everybody will be more in the mood to celebrate fun days and holidays.
I keep hoping the end of this pandemic will make the world and the people in it a better place and is valid for some people, but there are also people that it's made worse and more evil. I also found a couple of really fantastic new murals that somebody had painted! We cruised back home and rested for a while until Karen and Blanca came in for the second day of training; I really like this lady! She doesn't speak English, but I have always wanted to talk to Spanish, so here's my chance; right now, it's okay because Karen is here and she could translate, but I found a translate app on my computer, and Alexa can translate some stuff for me. After they fed the hungry mongrel, they put me to bed then provided me. I always get really nervous when a new person comes in to learn the routine, and I'm pretty sure I always will, so I tried to just write it out. Karen showed her how to wash my clothes, wipe everything down, clean up before you go home and that they were gone. I'm so excited! I finally found a caregiver, and she is fantastic, she was recommended by Rosa, so I'm not surprised. I listened to music for the rest of the evening, played candy crush, and watched TV until I fell asleep.







































 Thursday was a lovely day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, provided me, then got me dressed up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise before Andrea, the organizer, came this afternoon. They were working at the end of the cul-de-sac again, and I didn't see any way to get around, so I just went through the apartments next door; I'm sure that they don't like that very much but be friendly neighbors. We cruised through the lagoon; it was so beautiful… I love all the moss growing on the wood, but unfortunately, they're starting to replace it all with that new plastic-looking artificial would, and it will last longer, but it won't look as rustic and beautiful! We cruised through the butterfly/bee habitat, through Bay St. Park, and took a left to move down Westcliff Drive.
I'm really excited that we have a couple of hours, and I want to see how far down we can get before we have to turn around and come back. I got a lot of gorgeous pictures, and it was such a perfect day; I haven't been able to get up a lot lately, and they sure make up for it… It is so gorgeous! We didn't get as far as I wanted because I just remembered that my battery died after about 4 miles, and I didn't really have anybody to rescue me, so I better turn around and stay closer to home. We cruised down to the wharf, got some more awesome pictures, and then headed down to the boardwalk, I went across the street to the parking lot to get some better photos of the boardwalk, and my chair stalled which means it's time to head home. I'm so frustrated with this battery situation, I think this is my fourth or fifth set of batteries, and they keep dying. The problem is I have to wait so long in between because even though I tell them, I know what it is, and it's the same thing that's happened before they have to send somebody out to make sure, and it's usually a couple of weeks that I have to wait. I wish there was another company, but I have a feeling they're pretty much all the same. I don't expect any special treatment at all, but it would be nice if they would at least recognize that there putting you out, but for them, it's just another day; they don't have to rely on a device of any kind to get up and move around. I think everybody that works in a wheelchair business should have to be confined to a wheelchair for at least a couple of days so they can see what it's like. We cruised back home and rested for a bit before Andrea came; I'm really excited to see how nice the garage will look when we purge and organize. I just want everything to be neat and tidy, and it's just gotten out of hand; I need to find another way to deal with frustration and stress besides buying things that I don't need. it so easy just to go on Amazon because they have so many cool things, I actually thought about contacting Carol, my former psychologist, and I still might… It sounds like I could use a little bit more help. We finished up for the day, and Karen and Rachel came in to put me to bed; Rachel is doing so well, and I think starting tomorrow, we're going to let her try to do it by herself… I have every confidence that she's going to be fantastic. More baby pictures, I lifted a picture of the new baby and the baby on the way. How can you be so in love with somebody you haven't met yet? I feel like they're celebrities, and I'm dying to get next to them just to even take a picture… And I don't know where that came from, I was never a kid person, but now I think they're just so adorable! They fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, then fed me, and Karen showed her around a little bit more. After they left, I was so exhausted I fell asleep.




































Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then we did some personal care… I don't know what I ate or what happened, but it just seemed to take so long. Maybe I didn't drink as much water as I should've or something I ate. The long hot bath sure felt good, but then it was back to another round of personal care, and by the time we got done, I was just exhausted; I did give another bath, but it sure folk good to go back to bed and I decided that I was going to stay in bed and not get up. Then when I don't get up, I always feel lousy thinking whoever comes in at 4 PM will have to find something to do; there's always something to do around here, but when I sit down and concentrate on thinking of something I can't… I even made a list of things to do when I don't get out, but I need to translate it into Spanish, print it up, and stick it somewhere. As I was cursing around the Internet, I found the latest news with the yoga temple unfair Avenue. Ever since I got lost and accidentally drove by this place, I have been obsessed with it, I came home and looked it up and read all the history about it, and I noticed several years later that a couple from San Francisco five and were going to restore it… I couldn't wait to see how this turned out, and it turned out amazing! I read that they have tours, and I really want to go check it out. Eventually, I found it on Zillow, and it looks incredible! They just made it from a fantastic place into a beautiful location. I listened to music and edited pictures for a while, and then somebody sent me a picture of Robert and Eleanor having tummy time on the couch; she is so stinking cute, and I've noticed that whoever is holding just looks like they are on top of the world. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep. Check this out if you would like to know more about the yoga templehistory of the yoga temple


































 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel and then fed me. I was supposed to have a Halloween party here today for friends and family but it didn't work out, I don't have a caregiver to put me to bed and I only have one caregiver to help set up for the party… The decorations and everything are already up. For the last couple of years I haven't really even been in a holiday mood, the only reason my decorations are up is that it's that time and my caregivers always have just decorated the first of the month. My mom came down at 4 PM to feed Dude and feed me the plate that Cindy made for me this morning. I listen to an audiobook and then watch TV for a while before I fell asleep.

 Sunday was another long relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, took Dude for a nice long cruise, washed a couple of loads of clothes, cleaned everything up and wiped it down, and went home. I edited pictures and listen to music until Karen came in. We did some personal care and a nice relaxing bath and put me back to bed. She fed Dude, fed me, cleaned everything up, and then went home. I had the whole rest of the evening to just relax, play games, listen to music, catch up on my blog and I always watch TV when I start to feel a little sleepy and that I was out.

No comments: