Thursday, May 20, 2021

This week I get my second coronavirus vaccination…

 Monday is a bittersweet day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fit me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I'm so excited! Today I get my second coronavirus vaccination; I also a little nervous because I got a little sick from the first one, and they say the second one is supposed to be worse… Maybe I should just quit listening to people? I was going to cruise up to Safeway by myself, but then I started thinking, what if I really don't feel good instantly and it would probably be easier to have somebody with me, so I asked my aunt to take me said she would. The pharmacist that gave me my first shot also gave me my second; he's always so sweet and not bad to look at… Took my mind off the second vaccination a little bit. We came back, and I still didn't really feel too bad, so I decided to take Dude out for a little cruise. Sometimes when I don't feel good, cruising around and looking at the beautiful views makes me forget; I love this place so much! We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf, and back, down to the end of the boardwalk, and back. As I was cruising down the boardwalk, I saw the ceramic sculpture of a dog balloon animal that said Santa Cruz beach and boardwalk, my niece and nephew are having a baby girl, and they really love Santa Cruz, so I thought that would be a great gift for the baby. All I have to do is win a thousand tickets from the claw machine. Apparently, it sounds a lot easier than it is. I'm going to come back tomorrow with Cindy and see how many tickets we can win. I started not feeling so good, so I decided to cruise back and lay back for a while; my head and stomach were hurting. Adriana came in and put me to bed after feeding the hungry boy; I wasn't, so she made me some noodles… I'm always hungry for noodles and kimchee, and I think it's good for your stomach… Not so much the noodles but the kimchee.  She washed him a load of laundry and opened a couple of packages that I got, they were some slippers made out of gene material, and they were moldy… I tried to find the email confirmation, but I couldn't, so we put them outside for a while, hoping to track down where I got them. I keep saying whenever I buy something like that online, I'm going to copy the invoice so that if I need to return them for some reason, I will have the name and address, and I don't have to search forever for it. We put them outside in the sun, and I don't know if they can be cleaned up, but I hope they can because I can't find the invoice anywhere. My cousins Kevin and Debbie went on a trip to visit the brothers and their mother; I haven't seen my other two cousins Steve and Mike, for a long time, so it was really nice to see pictures of all of them. Adriana cleaned up, wiped everything down, gave me a big dose of medical marijuana, and left me to my misery; I watched TV for a while and then listened to music until I fell asleep. I hope I feel better tomorrow.




































































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. Unfortunately, my cameras not staying upright very well, so most days, by the time I get over to the wharf, my camera has dropped, and I can't take any pictures. Cindy took my mom to get her weekly shot, she has the potential to get bone marrow cancer, and so she has to get a shot once a week, and this is her first shot since my brother left, so she wanted to make sure she could drive by herself, so Cindy went along with her to give her moral support. I was resting and watching TV when they came back, and I found this funny meme with a dog that looks identical to Robby. Cindy took me over to my appointment with Yasel, I really love all of these exercises that she showed me, and I plan to do them every day because I feel so much better when I do them. My cousin Debbie sent me some more pictures of her visit with her family, I really miss them, and it's so great to see pictures! When we got home, I noticed that Dude had a stuffed snowman; I don't give him stuffed animals because he just tears them apart and takes out the squeaky toy, and then I'm afraid he's gonna choke; sure enough, I looked over a couple minutes later, and the poor little snowman was ripped to pieces… I still don't know where he got it. Adriana came in to feed the hungry pup, put me to bed, and then feed me. I listened to music for a while while I edited photos and watched TV until I fell asleep.











 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and fed the hungry hound, and then she gave me a nice long massage; now I'm getting a pinched nerve behind my right shoulder… I always get really sore when it starts getting cold. I thought we were into summer because we had a couple of really nice warm days. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath; personal care seems to be getting more difficult and harder on my body; I sweat like crazy, my stomach and head hurt… I don't know what's going on; I just want everything to get back to normal. I decided to stay in bed and rest because I was exhausted, and I didn't want to go back out in the cold after the massage and a nice long hot bath. Omar brought my cousin Patrick's memorial bench from the wharf, it was getting so weathered and beat up, and they asked for volunteers to have the benches removed because they have a long waiting list of people who want to make a memorial bench for the wharf. I asked my aunt a while back, and she said they could take it off the wharf and asked if they could bring it here so my cousin Rich can put it on his back deck; that was a while ago, so I asked Omar if he could bring it here and redo it… It's exciting having the bench year, and I can't wait to see it when Omar is done with it! I caught up on my blog and edited a bunch of pictures, so I felt good. I watched TV until I fell asleep.














 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, my friends/neighbors around the corner work for Parks and Recreation, and the other day when I was over there, I mentioned where the blacktop ramp meets the dirt; the dirt has really washed away. It's hard for me to go up the blacktop trail to the insect garden and up on through the Bay St. Park. I actually went to take a picture of what it looked like so I can send the picture along with an email; the guy said he would take care of it, but I should also mention it, so I was going to get a picture. I came around the corner to take the picture, and it was already leveled out; I have the best neighbors ever! I was so excited to use the trail again; I go that way every year because it's so beautiful in the summer. It had been so long since I had been at Neary Lagoon and I took many pictures. I took some pictures of the insect garden, also very beautiful. We cruised along Bay St., Park, down the hill towards the wharf, and then headed towards home… Dude had a vet appointment to get his ears, and his weight checked. After Dude's appointment, we cruised back home and hung out in the driveway for a while until Rosalie came in. She fed the hungry boy, put me to bed, and then fed me. She washed a couple of clothes, straightened up the kitchen, wiped down my room, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening looking at the beautiful pictures I just took, watching TV and listening to music until I fell asleep.










































 Friday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage; this cold air is really getting to my neck/shoulders again. Karen came in, and we did some personal care, and I got to get a nice long hot bath, which ALWAYS makes EVERYTHING better. I decided to stay in bed; after a nice long massage, the last thing I need is to go out into the cold and feel my neck/shoulders tighten up again. I have a lot of stuff to do, but I didn't really do anything, just listen to music, play games on the computer and watch TV. Rosalie came in and brought me some soup that she made, some meat, Spanish rice, and refried beans… It was so delicious! The soup just tastes so healthy and yummy! She did a couple of loads of laundry after she fed the starving pup; she cleaned up the kitchen, washed everything down, and then went home. I downloaded a couple of pictures and stuff from online, played some more games, listen to some music and then watch TV before I fell asleep.














 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I have an appointment with Jennifer today; I had Cindy take a picture of my face because my eyelids were itchy and red, and I was hoping maybe she could tell me what it was; she said it was eczema and gave me some cream to put on it. Luckily where it was read, she doesn't need to wax, but my whole face hurt… At least I don't have a hairy chin. Omar took a picture of my cousin Patrick's memorial bench; he brought it to my house to redo before we give it to Rich... I'm so excited about giving it to him because I know that Omar will do an excellent job; he always does! My cousin Rich already has placed it on his back deck where he's going to put it. I'm glad that we got it off the wharf while it was still refurbished able; every time I went by there and saw somebody cutting up fish heads, spilling food, and the bird poop all over, they may my heart ache a little bit. I know that's what the benches are for, and it's been there for 21 years, and I think if we would've waited any longer, it would've been a lot more beat up and harder to bring back to life. Dude and I took off for a cruise but not before I took some pictures of my beautiful roses; I love them so much! We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, and partway over to the boardwalk before I decided we better get back home… It was such a beautiful day, and for the first time in a long time, I felt terrific, and I wanted to stay out and cruise around. We got back home and leaned back in the chair for a while, and Dude was enjoying the warm driveway, rolling around and snorting. I just adore this guy! Rosalie came in and fed the hungry little guy and then put me to bed. She went over to the Mexican food truck across from her house and got me some casa birria tacos and some Roman noodles; I love this stuff so much that now I'm dedicating every Friday or Saturday to them… The rest of the week, I'm trying really, super hard to just eat what Heather made in the fruit and yogurt that I got from farm fresh to you. I'm feeling so much better since I'm not trying to sneak in stuff that I shouldn't have. Rosalie did a couple loads of laundry, clean up the kitchen, wiped everything down, brushed my teeth and wash my face, and then headed home. I just kicked back and watched TV until I fell asleep.

































 Sunday is never my favorite day. I am glad to get personal care and the bath out of the way on Sunday, so I can get up early Monday and go, but lately, it's just been really hard on my body; I think it's because of all the iron I'm taking. Still, I just can't wait until the day is over and I'm back in bed relaxing. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch and then fed me; obviously, I decided to stay in bed. I think that part of why breaking out so bad is that my room is getting so cluttered. There's a lot of dust, Karen made a memorial for Robby and Penny, and I don't think that's been tested since August, and I think that's part of my problem, so we're trying to go through my room and keep everything dust-free. Cindy cleaned up and wiped everything down and then went home. I usually only have about an hour or so to listen to music and relax a little bit before Karen comes in at noon. Karen got me something to eat; I wasn't really hungry but more stalling because I knew what would be ahead of us. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, and I was delighted to get back into bed; I spent the rest of the evening trying to relax and watch TV.






No comments: