Monday, January 4, 2021

Halfway to Christmas and everything is so beautiful…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fit me, got me dressed, and up in up in my chair. dude and I took off for a nice long cruise, Mondays and Thursdays are really long days for me, and I love it… No personal care, just time to cruise around. I got a couple of new hats to keep me warm. I think they are called aviator hats, and they have built-in masks, and they sure do keep you warm. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back. On my way back I heard somebody say "hey stranger" and I looked over, and there were Fred and Joanne… They came down to have some lunch on the wharf. I talked to them for a while and then cruised down towards the boardwalk. Most of it was shut down, but there was a couple of places that they still let you cruise around, and it's a good place for Dude and me to work on his commands. We cruised back home, and I tilted back in the chair for a while and watch TV. Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and fed me. A friend of mine who wears a Santa suit during the holidays sent me a portrait of himself that somebody did for him, and it was amazing! He is such an awesome person, and he attracts a lot of cool people! Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and fed me. She buzzed around and decorated a little bit. All these girls are so creative and love to decorate my house looks amazing! I looked at some of my pictures and listen to music until it was time to shut everything down. It didn't take me long to fall asleep.

















































 Tuesday was not such a good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me, I still don't have much of an appetite, but I keep trying. My friend who wears the Santa suit during the holidays had many new pictures that I hadn't seen on his Facebook page, so I downloaded them and put them on my blog because I have nothing else to show for today. I also looked at some pictures from a local amazing photographer, I doubt anybody reads my blog, but I hope they don't find out and get mad. I stayed in bed today and just watch TV, too antsy to sleep and too tired to do anything else. The day went by really slow, and finally, Rosa came in to take Dude out and feed him. She got me something to eat and cleaned up and decorated a little more around here. After she went home, I watch some more TV and eventually fell asleep.






















 Wednesday was a perfect day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage. It felt so good because ever since I ended up in an emergency, my neck has been really sore, and it's getting worse… The cold makes it hurt worst of all. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot soothing bath.   I ended up staying in bed again because my neck is just so sore. All I can do is keep putting heat on it and keep taking gabapentin… That's the only thing that helps. I tried to just watch TV and not do anything on the computer because my arms start getting really numb, and then my neck hurt even worse whenever I move my trackball. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and fed me. She did some laundry and cleaned up, and then went home. I listen to some music for a while, trying to listen to some Christmas music, but I just couldn't get into it, so I ended up watching TV and editing pictures until it was time to shut everything off, and I was asleep in no time.

Thursday was a perfect day. Karen came in. I fed the hungry knucklehead and then fed me. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. The waves were amazing, and there were a ton of birds. Adriana came in to take me for a little more Christmas shopping. I wanted to go downtown and get my uncle some FeeJays, he's always talking about how cold his feet are, and I'm hoping that these will help… I LOVE them! We went across the street to the candy store to get my aunt some saltwater taffy, but they didn't have anything there. They had everything else but no saltwater taffy. We decided to go to the wharf and get some saltwater taffy, but first, we stopped at The Pacific cookie company downtown and get ice cream sandwiches… I swear you can smell these fresh baked cookies from several doors down. I got vegan lemon drop cookies with pralines and cream ice cream, and it was amazing! Grab a couple extra cookies to go, and then we headed over to Sees candy to get my aunt some chocolate-covered cherries, one of her other favorites. Luckily the candy store at the wharf wasn't, hectic and we found the salt water taffy, and I decided to get her some chocolate-covered bacon. We came home, and Adriana fed Dude and then put me to bed and got me something to eat. It was nice to get out and do stuff, although my neck is really sore. I just laid there quietly and tried not to touch anything or move my arm until the gabapentin kicked in. Eventually, I fell asleep.

































 Friday was an excellent day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy and then got me something to eat. Went to some personal care and then a nice long hot bath, it seems to be going a lot faster, and I love that… I just had to keep eating what I was supposed to eat and quit eating that crap that I like so much. I've also been drinking a lot more water, and I think that helps. Anyway, whatever it is, I feel a lot healthier. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I got to cruise around a little bit, but I forgot to have Karen fix my camera. Whenever I get in the van, we have to turn my camera down to fit, and I forgot to have Karen put it back up, so no pictures of the ocean today. I tilted back and watch TV for a while until Adriana came in. She fed the hungry fur guy and the wind. We took off and cruised over to the boardwalk to take pictures at night with all the lights. It's so amazing! On our way home, we stopped and got Rubens tacos! My new very favorite food on Friday, but only because that's the only day he makes tacos. These are the best! We came back home, and Adriana fed Dude, and then we munched out on tacos. Man, I love these things!! Adriana put me to bed and then cleaned up, and then went home. It was a great day, and the tacos were the perfect ending! I listen to some music for a while and then shut everything down and went to sleep.






















 Saturday was a long day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry knucklehead and then fed me. She made me a killer breakfast burrito with chorizo, vegan eggs, hash browns, feta cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa… We got the idea from a sandwich place across from the wharf called the Picnic Basket. It was awesome! I decided to stay in bed, it's getting freezing outside, and my neck is not feeling any better… In fact, when I don't quit using it for driving or using my trackball, my whole arm, neck, and shoulders get numb. I decided at the beginning of the new year so it's time to go through my house and clean/purge, so since I didn't get up, they said she would start in the kitchen. I am embarrassed to see how much food was expired and had to be thrown away. I have this big idea that I'm going to anticipate everybody who visits and buy a bunch of snacks and food and that nobody needs any of it. There is a good New Year's resolution for me? My mom went across the street and took some pictures of my aunt's garden. It always looks so amazing! I went to the website that my veterinarian always uses to order some Memorial memorabilia for Penny. The lady sent me a call and said she needed to talk to me about my order. Hopefully, I'll find out on Monday what happened.  I went through some of my pictures and found some really adorable pictures of Penny. I also found some of her and Robby snuggling, which didn't happen very often anymore after the first time she swatted at him. Now he sees her and gets up and walk away, it's kind of sad, and I feel bad for her. I watched TV, listen to music, and try to use my arm for an hour and then rested for an hour, and so far, it's not really painful. Cindy sent me some charming houses decorated for Christmas. Sometimes she just drives around to see where all the beautiful decorations are. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me. She washed some clothes and cleaned up before she went home. I just sat there and tried to watch TV and decided that I would listen to an audiobook until I fell asleep when I turned everything off.






























 Sunday was another day in bed. I hope staying in bed over the weekend helps my neck/shoulder/arms, and I hope I'll be able to get up next week… Dude and I both are going stir crazy. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound and then fed me.  She wrapped some more Christmas gifts for me. It always looks so pretty! It seems like everything she does, she does great! We decided to work on the garage today. The garage is what gets cluttered more than anything because it's a good place to stash everything. Adriana came in to help, and Omar came in to hang out for a bit. They knocked it out in no time, and it looks incredible! They do such a great job! A good friend of the family fell from a major surgery a couple of years ago, so she started painting rocks. She just took a book out of the library and started doing it. She started showing some online, and they were awesome! Who picks stuff like that up that fast?? She started doing canvas, planting pots, and pretty soon, she's painting everything and getting better and better at it as the days go by. She brought me a bunch of them one time right after I finished my yard, I redid my front yard with river rock and succulents, and her rocks looked amazing in my yard! It's fun to cruise around and look at the different ones that she painted. A little while later, she sent me some more, and she sent me some a couple of weeks ago… She has improved so much! Adriana came in when she was finished and fed the starving pup and then fit me. She did a couple loads of laundry and cleaned up, and then went home. These girls are all amazing, and I don't know what I would do without them! I watched TV and edited some pictures before it was time to shut everything down and sleep.




































1 comment:

betty said...

Those were cute painted rocks Tammie!! Sweets pictures of Penny! The tacos looked delicious!

betty