Sunday, September 10, 2017

A new routine with two pups…


Monday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went out for a nice long morning cruise, it's so nice to be up so early. I can see somebody sleeping in the living room and I heard other people upstairs visiting with my mom so I figured I would come back and see if the company wanted to go to breakfast. It was really hard trying to get by their car so I texted Karen to meet me with Dude and she said the company was getting ready to go home, that was a quick trip just overnight. Dude and I went out for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times and down to the end of the boardwalk and back… When I got back it was only 1:30 PM and I had already gone 8 miles. I was going to watch TV for a while but I got bored so I took dude and went out for another cruise, I forgot that I had already gone 8 miles and by the time we got to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk the indicator on my battery was already low… It showed 10 1/2 miles so I practically held my breath all the way home hoping I would make it. I made it! My chair got down to two flashing red bars and I was already trying to figure out in my mind who I would call to come and rescue me but I made it home. I watched TV for a while and hung out with the boys. Rosa came in and put me to bed and got me something to eat and then my uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage… I doubled my money so I was happy. We start out with five dollars thinking we are only going to play a couple of games but I skunked to people so instead of one dollar they had to pay me two. I love cribbage! I was getting really sleepy towards the end of the game and I fell asleep right after.
























Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, they are still doing a lot of work around there… I'm not sure what they're doing but there's a lot of equipment. We cruised down Westcliff Drive, down to the wharf and then home. It was already getting warm and I wanted to be able to have time to take Dude for a cruise before it got too hot. We cruised back home and I turn the air conditioner on full blast and cooled myself down and grabbed Dude and we were off, by the time we got down to the wharf it was too hot so we cruised around downtown… I forgot how much I loved it downtown. I ran into Vnes, she works in the information kiosk downtown in front of the new leaf, she is always so sweet and friendly… She is perfect for that job. She's also in a band and does a bunch of other really cool stuff, too many to mention… I have even seen her at the Derby girls boats. I haven't heard anything about the Derby girls for a long time, I hope they're not fizzling out because that would be really sad… I LOVE going and watching them. We hung out for a while and then I decided to take Dude out for a cruise through the lagoon, actually somebody put some chairs in my path to take the dogs out so I had to take him somewhere else to do his business… Robby just went ahead and went without us so I put him back in the house. We got back and watch TV for a while until Rosa came in to feed the boys and Penny and put me to bed and feed me. I was watching TV and I was out before she left.


















Wednesday was a boring day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, then go back to bed. I don't have time to get up and going where because Daniel from Numotion is going to be here at 1:30 PM to fix my chair… He's usually earning. The joystick cracked and I got some new shock absorbers. My chair has been wobbling really bad and says it's the actuator again and it's going to take about two weeks, so it's either stay in bed or drive my backup chair for two weeks… Not much of a choice. Unfortunately, I have these two puppies here so staying in bed is not really an option, I'll just have to not go very far and come back early. I was all excited after Karen left because I was going to watch it on pay-per-view and then I noticed that it's the old one, the new one one must've just come out in the theaters… Oh well just watch the new one again first.

Thursday was another boring day. Karen came in and I was just about ready to get up when I remembered that the last guy that borrowed my backup chair didn't bring back the head rest, I need to lay back for 15 minutes every hour and I just can't do it without a headrest. I decided to stay in bed on my side. I watched catfish most of the day and then a couple of movies on lifetime movie network and dozed on and off. Robbie's gums are swollen so Karen took him over to the vet, said she was going she decided to take both of the dogs. The vet said it was swollen but just to keep an eye on it and if it got worse bring him back, he did have an ear infection so they gave us some medicine for that. Rosa came in and made me some tacos for dinner, they were pretty awesome! I finished watching the movie IT and a couple episodes of Dr. Phil before I fell asleep. I saw a message from Kelly saying that they canceled the flight, they live in Florida and they were going to try to evacuate to hear. I suggested she just get in her car and started driving but I'm sure that's pretty scary too so they said they were just going to stay there and make the best of it. I hope they're going to be okay. Foster came by and dropped off my head rest so they second get up tomorrow. Rosa came in and fed the boys, Penny and I and set me back up.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course my nice long hot bath. I got up in my spare chair, it's not as uncomfortable as I remembered it being except for the last person that borrowed it ran over the seatbelt and bent up the buckle so we have to use tie wraps to keep the lap belt together… If I ordered another seatbelt it would probably take me two weeks and hopefully, by then I will have my chair back. I cruised around a little to try to get used to my backup chair again and then down to Simply Skin for my appointment with Jennifer to get my face waxed and a facial, it always feels so great after. Because I can't use my regular cushion in my backup chair I decided I better come home and go to bed early so I had Theresa come in at 2 PM, by the time she got me into bed it was time to feed the boys and Penny. I don't mind being in bed for so long if I at least get to get up for a couple of hours and cruise around. I listen to music for a while until my aunt came over and then I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came and got Robby for his puppy play date, of course, he couldn't wait to go and hang out with his friends. I took Dude out for a cruise, trying to find a path to what is going to be the Ironman triathlon tomorrow. My usual routes were full of tents and people setting stuff up but we finally made it down to the wharf, we cruised down to the end and back and I was going to go down to the boardwalk when I noticed it was almost time for Theresa to come in… I asked her to come in at 2 PM again today. On my way back I decided to go in and check out the merchandise in the Ironman merchandise tent, I was about to give up when a lady came up to me and asked me if I wanted to look at any shirts so she helped me buy two T-shirts and a long sleeve shirt… I was so excited because usually, I get frustrated because nobody asked me for help and just leave. I should just make myself be a little bit more aggressive, I'm working on it. I cruised home and visited with Omar for a little bit… He was telling me that his wife was having stomach problems and ended up in the emergency. He said she had some Chinese food so hopefully it's just that and not anything serious. Theresa came in and put me to bed, she introduced me to tacos Marinos and I was hooked… Every time she goes there she brings me some Al Pastore tacos but today she brought me one tongue taco and it was really good. I remember when I used to live in San Jose I would get tongue tacos whenever we went to Gilroy, they were introduced to me by my caregiver Lulu… She had them at her wedding. Of course I ate way too much but they were so good. The Woofpack brought Robby home and she fed the boys and Penny. I fell asleep immediately but woke up after a while and watched a couple of episodes of Dr. Phil.

























Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and Penny took the boys out for a little cruise since I was going to stay in bed. I went out yesterday and had a hard time finding a way to get around the set up for the Ironman triathlon so I know it will be even worse today. Cindy put me on my side and I watch TV until Theresa came in at 2 PM. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I would rather do it today since I didn't get up and I won't have to do it in the morning and I can get up earlier. The Woofpack is going to come and get Robby so I can cruise around with Dude all day, it's so much easier than trying to split the day up with both dogs… Although Robby is supposed to take it easy so I only take him out for a couple miles a day and then maybe again at night. I watched 90-day fiancĂ© and then listen to music until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Its like having two kids and trying to divide your time between the two of them, but it seems like you are adjusting to a schedule with Dude and Robbie and both are getting to go out cruising with you. Summer I bet is wrapping up in your neck of the woods. I hope your friend in Florida is okay after the storm is over.

betty