Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Decorating for Valentine's Day…

Monday was a really nice day! Karen came in and got me up and drop me and I got out of here really early for a nice long cruise. We only have a couple of days as it's supposed to rain again on Wednesday evening. We decided to change it up a bit and went straight for the boardwalk, there was a bunch of city workers working on the roads so we didn't get to go down to the lagoon so we turned around and went through depot park. We cruised to the end of the boardwalk and then back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down Westcliff Drive until we felt it was time to turn around.







































 Tuesday was another great day, supposedly our last day of sunshine. The last couple of days have been really warm, I think it even got up to 70°. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for rooms around Santa Cruz. I heard about this new procedure where they freeze off your fat and it melts into your body and I looked it up and there was one downtown so I cruised down to check it out and wouldn't you know it it's not accessible, I went around the building is much as I could and I didn't see any ramps so I went on my merry little way down Westcliff Drive and then came back to call them, maybe there's something I missed? The guy that answer the phone said that they were accessible and apologized profusely. I noticed there's another one on Soquel Drive so I called them and they said yes they were accessible and asked if I wanted to make an appointment at that one or the one in Watsonville. I like to at least do a consultation and see if they could do something about my many necks and even maybe my flabby underarms. I rested for a while until Rosa came in. It was her son's birthday so she brought my mom and I some chicken enchiladas, they were so delicious. She put me to bed and I watch TV until I drifted off to sleep.










 Wednesday was a pretty good day. I was going to stay in bed because it was supposed to rain but it looked pretty good so I thought I would take a chance. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a cruise. I went out my bedroom door and turn left to go down the ramp and as I looked up at the apartment complex on the other side of my house I see a guy sitting in the window, I realize that he's sitting on his toilet right there for the whole world to see… I was embarrassed for him. It didn't stop me from taking a picture and going back in to bring Karen out so she could see, he didn't even look over the whole time. I even got a picture. I turned right to exit the driveway and I see a bunch of nails, 2 inch Staples, little round discs, screen and torrent roofing tiles. Lately before it rains some of you scribbling on top of the roof of the apartment complex next to me trying to fix it. They have left a mess in my driveway many times, a couple of times we asked them if they were going to come over and clean it up and they said "oh yes ma'am of course" and of course they never did. I don't know if the roofers are the same people as the painters but they do the same thing,strips of paint and we even found the lid of a paint can. I decided on my way back I'm going to stop by the complex and get the number of the management company in San Jose. Robby and I took off for cruise through the lagoon and down Westcliff Drive but I couldn't stop thinking about the best in my driveway so I came back to get the phone number and call the place. I really hate the telephone but sometimes I feel like I need to make myself do it so I did. I got the receptionist and she was giving me her email address when the manager came in so she took the phone. When I explained who I was she said she had actually met me a couple times, "you are in that big beautiful house with the gorgeous white dog?" Her mom used to manage the apartment complex and I talked to her quite a few times. She said that she'd been having a lot of problems with them and she would tell them about it and if they didn't come and clean it up she would send somebody over to do it. What if you truly that I not only use the phone but it went very well. Rosa came in and fed Robby, put me to bed and we did some personal care and a really nice long hot bath… Boy did I need that. As I was falling asleep I could hear pounding on the roof outside…

























Thursday morning it looked a little bit overcast but at least it wasn't raining. Karen came in and showed me pictures of what my driveway looks like, it was a mess. I asked her not clean it up and I texted Omar to ask him not to pick it up so the lady from the apartment management company could see it when she came by. The housekeepers came in and cleaned it up, luckily Karen had pictures… It was the worst it has ever been. I left Robby here when I went to my appointment downtown to se Carol because I thought it was going to rain, we wrap saran wrap around the driving mechanism and my cell phone and I went on my way. It was a little misty but it didn't rain, I got about halfway down there and realize I didn't have any glasses on… Thank goodness I'm not totally blind. My appointment with Carol went really well, went by really fast. I decided to close downtown for a while, I don't really have time to go over to the wharf because Kay is coming by to do my hair. I came home and called the apartment management company again and left a message for them to call back and give me their email number so I could send them the pictures… They never did. Kay came in and got rid of the gray and I decided to just cut my hair really short again, I have an electric throw behind my head when I sleep and it pretty much fries my hair so my choice is have nice hair or stay warm? Rosa came in and put me to bed and then she called her family to come and bring us dinner, it was her youngest boy's birthday and they are all amazing cooks. Adriana and Cindy came by and brought me a fleet of skirt steak, broccoli, baked potato and a cupcake… It was so good. It was really nice talking to them while I was eating and I remember thinking I would like to hang out with them more when you are not working, maybe have some barbecues during the summer. They all left and I relaxed and watched TV for a while before I fell asleep.  Omar sent me a picture of the scorpion he made out of wire, I swear that man can do ANYTHING! He did a really good job also!

 Friday was a pretty boring day. Karen came in and fed Robby and I and Meaghan called in sick, thank goodness somebody who calls it before I get up… I love that girl. I hope she feels better soon. Of course the sun came out and it was a beautiful day but we did get a lot done, I kinda like those days I can stay in bed and we can get a lot done. I had a bunch of blueberries so Karen made this Keller blueberry lemon cake. Karen put me on my side for a little while and before she left she sent me back up and fed Robby and I again. It was nice to have most of the day and all of the evening to just watch TV and relax.







 Saturday was a pretty exciting day. Meghan called again and said she wasn't feeling any better so I stayed in bed again. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and got the bathroom cleaned out for my new shoe closet that Omar made, I have been really excited about this for a long time. It looks absolutely amazing! My aunt and uncle came over and brought me some barstools that they were getting rid of, they are getting some new ones. They also are really beautiful, I had a couple of those desks like chairs and they were nice but it was time for a change. After Omar and Cindy left I just watched TV and listen to music all day and all night long, it was so nice. I hope I get to get up tomorrow but if I don't I will be okay.




Sunday was an awesome day, even though it was cold. Cindy came in and got me up and I was so thrilled to be able to get out and about with Robby, Meaghan texted me and said she felt a little bit better so she was going to come in and put me to bed. Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park. Every once in a while when I cruise through Bay St., Park I see these really cool painted pebbles left on the benches, they always make me smile. I saw this lady walking through the park and she was putting something down on all of the benches so I looked after she walked away and they were the painted pebbles, I wanted to say hello to her and tell her that she made my day whenever I saw her painted parables that I was too shy. A lady that worked with my dad had knee surgery a while back and while she was recuperating checked out a book and learn how to paint rocks, she picked it up really quick and did an awesome job. She gave me a bunch of them and it's been a couple of years and they're still out in my yard and they haven't even faded, I sent her a message and asked her if she had any more laying around and she said she would bring me some. I'm so excited! We cruised down Westcliff Drive for a little bit and then down to the end of the wharf where we ran into our friend Baba, he placed mostly Beatles tunes on his guitar in front of one of the restaurants and he always makes me smile. He told me that a local guy made a video along the wharf and he was in it, I finally saw the video and it was pretty awesome. We cruised over to the boardwalk and down to the end and back and it was just getting too cold so I texted Meaghan and told her I was on my way home if she wanted to come in early. My uncle was outside when I came around the corner so I said hello to him and he told me that I had company at my house. I came in the back door to Fred and Joanna, it's always so nice to see them. They are staying here for a while so I will be able to see more of them. My mom said there was more company in the living room so I came through to see my cousin Rich, his fiancée Sue and the two little girls Luanna and Melia. It was really nice to see them. Rich just got out of the hospital where he had a couple of strokes, he looked really good and I was so relieved to see him back home and in such a good mood. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and I have the rest of the evening to relax, enjoy being warm, watching TV, editing the photos I took and then drifting off to sleep.



































 My friend Elizabeth sent me a bunch of pictures that her husband took the last couple of times that they were here, he is an amazing photographer and has a great eye.










































1 comment:

betty said...

I like those bar stools! And yum on the blueberry lemon cake!! We are having very nice temperatures here in Phoenix in the high 70s to low 80s. Definitely the fun time of year before the summer heat!

betty