Friday, December 2, 2016

Thanksgiving week…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff and back and down to the end of the wharf and back home. The weather was really beautiful and the clouds were amazing. One of these beautiful days I wish I could stay out longer and not have to come back home, I wish it didn't take four hours to put me to bed and get settled in for the night. Sometimes I just get so tired of being a quadriplegic and always having to wait on someone, I know it just seems like a long time for me because I'm not moving around. Fred and Joanne came by to say hello, we are visiting my uncle and aunt across the street. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I fell asleep right away.


















Tuesday was a pretty good day, a little colder than I would like to be. Cindy came in and got me up and took me over to Whole Foods to pick up the rest of our Thanksgiving dinner, of course I had to cruise through the store and get a bunch of stuff that I didn't need. We came back and I rested for a bit and then Robby and I took off for another long cruise, I know I keep taking pictures in the same places but everything is just so beautiful every day. I came back home and Robby's bed was in the hallway between my bedroom and the bathroom, you really really hates it when people mess with this stuff. It took him a while but he finally was able to climb on half of it and then I heard a huge sigh, he is so funny. Omar finished putting the rest of the barbecue together and cover the pergola with a tarp so we can sit out there on Thanksgiving if it rains, I don't know what I'd do without him… He is so creative and helpful! Rosa came in and put me to bed and did a little bit more straightening up. I watched TV until I fell asleep.














Wednesday was the day before Thanksgiving. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed and make sure everything is ready for tomorrow. The number of people keeps growing, it's going to be a great day. I wanted to do my finger nails and toenails but we didn't get to that going to get a lot done, Karen did I should say. I just tried to relax and watch TV all day. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath.

Thursday is finally here, Thanksgiving. I think we are ready but there is still a lot to do. Thank goodness it was a beautiful day so we can set everything up outside, it's so nice to eat outside. It was so nice to see everybody and we really have a good time. Most people I knew, some I have met a few times and others I met for the first time. There was way too much food and a lot of great conversation. I love hosting stuff at my house but I'm always afraid that something's going to go wrong so I get really anxious and nervous, everything went really good and I hope to do it again soon and a lot. Even though we didn't use it it was really nice to have the barbecue done and everything looked great.





































































Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Stanley, Janet, Robert, McKenzie, Nathan and Corinne and I went downtown to do some shopping, get something to eat and see a movie. We decided to eat and 99 bottles of beer on the wall, I had been there once before and the food was pretty good. I have sausage, sauerkraut, sliced red potatoes and waffle fries and it was really good. Everybody else really liked what they got also. We went to see the movie Moana, it was a pretty good movie. Meaghan had the evening off so Karen came in and put me to bed. I don't know what it was but my stomach was hurting really bad, I tried some Pepto-Bismol and medical marijuana and it finally felt better.













Friday was a rainy day so I decided to stay in bed, open the windows and enjoy the rain all day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and did my fingernails and toenails. I was asleep before she left. Karen came in and put me to bed and it burned much sleep right away.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and I decided to stay in bed again because it was going to rain most of the day, I just opened the window and listen to it all day and slept on and off. Meaghan came in and there wasn't really much to do so she didn't stay long.

Sunday was a great day.  Cindy came in and got me up. It was so nice outside and so nice to get out and cruise around. Robby and I went for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, we had to turn around and go back because as no going up the trail a guy was coming down with his off leash dog… So annoying! We cruised through default park and over to the wharf, I laid back for a while and just enjoy the sun and the beautiful scenery. The security officer Kevin came by and we chatted for a while. I asked him if he ever rode a Segway and he asked me if I saw the movie The Mall Cop and said that he would be teased for the rest of his life, he does look a little bit like the actor Kevin. He asked me if I saw his new series called Kevin can wait and he showed me his identification tag's name is Kevin Wait, so funny. We cruised down to the end and then headed home, I forgot that the guy was coming out from XFINITY to install my new Internet… My Internet is really slow and several people told me that extremity has faster cable than AT&T. We did when we need to do and then took a very long time to get it running, he finally gave up and said there was a problem with my router. I texted Karen and she came over to help and realized after he left that he set it up wrong but it still didn't work so she called her boyfriend to come over and he had it fixed in under five minutes, I thought Karen was impressive that her boyfriend is amazing. They went upstairs to make sure my mom's Internet was working and then they went home. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and I enjoyed my fast Internet for the rest of the evening.













































1 comment:

betty said...

It looked like you had a great Thanksgiving feast, Tammie! Always nice to have a lot of people gathering together like that to celebrate a holiday like this! Now on to Christmas preparations!

betty