Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I love it when family and friends visit…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and we had to take an accessible yellow cab over to the breast center for my yearly mammogram, I'm always so glad to get that over with. I don't have anybody to drive me to appointments and shopping anymore so you have to figure out something else to do. It costs $25 to take a taxi over there and after the appointment Karen said "why don't we just take the bus back?" When she lived in San Jose she took the bus over the hill every morning and she still takes it for a lot of the places that she goes so we did and it only cost one dollar for me and Karen rides for free because she is my caregiver… Pretty cool! I'm going to have to start taking the bus more often. We got back home and I took Robby for a cruise over to the Santa Cruz wharf and back, we rested for a bit. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Tuesday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised down to Simply Skin for my appointment with Jennifer for my facial/waxing. I always feel so great after I leave, the wind hitting my nice clean face. We cruised around for a while and then headed home, we hung around the yard for a while… I love my yard! Marshall and Elizabeth came by to stay for a couple of days, it's been a while since I've seen them so it was really nice to catch up. Rosa came in and put me to bed and Marshall, Elizabeth and I watched Bridesmaids… It was a really good movie.









































Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and Marshall and Elizabeth hung around here for a while while I went to my monthly support group, it was Karen's first time back after having her baby and it was really great to see her. There was about six people there and it went by really fast. Roger, Karen, Ken, Sacha, Victor and I. Robby and I cruised back home and visited with Marshall and Elizabeth for a while and Marshall and I went down to get some Mexican food from the place down on the corner, their food is so delicious. We were going to go to the farmers market but we just wanted to stick around here and catch up. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Marshall, Elizabeth and I watched another movie but I don't remember what it was.









Thursday wasn't such a good day. Marshall and Elizabeth left early and I wasn't feeling very good so I canceled my appointment with Carol, my psychologist, and I just stayed in bed and watch TV. It was really nice to have a day to relax and not have to do anything. Rosa came in and got me something to eat and fed Robby and and just relaxed and watched more TV.

Friday was a pretty good day. I wanted to stay in bed but I know that Meaghan needs the practice so I got up. Karen came in and after she got me up I was really glad, I do get bored when I say in bed. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and through the boardwalk and back… Now that I found that ramp that goes down on the beach I just can't stay away from it because it's so cool to be in the chair and back close to the ocean. We cruised back and waited for Meaghan. She came in and Karen came in to show her how to do the personal care and the bath, I have such a great group of ladies working for me right now!

Saturday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a really nice cruise around Santa Cruz. My brother Stanley texted me and asked if we would like some company, David and Melissa came down for their friend Grants wedding… He proposed to his girlfriend here last year. I told them to text me when they got here and I guess they got here around noon but I was on the crowded Boardwalk and didn't hear the text. When I came home everybody was here and we decided to go out to dinner to that new restaurant Splash. This is only my second time in there and there was a couple of people that work there remembered me… That felt kind of cool! I know it's mostly because of the chair but it still feels good. This time I decided to try fish and garlic chips and they were amazing! I also had a hibiscus lemonade and it was really good also! The view was amazing! We came back home and Meaghan put me to bed and my mom, Janet, David and I played cribbage, I really miss playing cribbage. After everybody left the room I fell right to sleep.













































 Sunday got here way to quit and it was time for everybody to go home, it was a great visit. Again I wanted to stay in bed but I got up and as always I'm glad I did. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise.  My glass wasn't working right so I sent it back to a factory reset and now I can't get into work at all, hopefully Karen and fix it in the morning. I't was extremely hot, it got up to 95° so the cruise wasn't very long and the pavement was really hot so Robby and I came back home to get out of the heat. Sacha texted me to see if I was going to go down to the dance party next to the Ideal restaurant and I really had every intention of going but it was just way too hot. Meaghan was going to come in a little late because she was going to a birthday party in San Jose for one of her friends but messaged me and said that she ended up not going because she didn't feel good, she woke up with a headache. I told her to just come and put me in bed and she can go home and rest, I'm so glad she decided to come in and not to just call in sick and leave me stranded in my chair… That's my biggest fear. She said she felt better and she threw me in bed and went home. I just relaxed and watch TV until I fell asleep.

No comments: