Saturday, July 23, 2016

Fourth of July…

 Monday was a pretty miserable day. I started really sweating and getting chills before the concert ended last night, I just thought it was because I overdressed. When we went to the Chicago concert it was really cold and windy so I wore to thermal shirts, a thermal neck band and a sweatshirt. I took the sweatshirt and the thermal neckband on and off a couple of times because I was getting to warm and then to cold, by the time the concert was over I was sweating really bad and I had a headache. After Theresa put me to bed I felt a little better but by the next morning I wasn't feeling good again and I was afraid I was going to get a pressure sore from all of the sweating so I decided to stay in bed and on my side. Karen came in but didn't have time to do any personal care, I figured that's probably what I needed and why I felt so bad. I stayed on my side all day and Lisa was supposed to come in because Rosa at the evening of. I was actually going to go down and hang out with Rosa by the boardwalk, she was saving a place for her family to hang out and barbecue later. I couldn't text her and tell her that I wasn't going to be there because my phone wasn't working right. I got my new phone and Karen set it up for me but she didn't put the Sim card in so I wasn't able to give or receive texts. Towards the end of the evening I started feeling worse, the left side of my body was sweating like crazy and I was getting chills and ahead. I try to call Lisa to find out what time she was going to come in but I finally gave up and call Theresa to see if she could come in, I need to get some personal care done right away. Theresa said she would come in but she couldn't for about an hour and a half so my mom was going to  try to help me out and then Lisa came in. She had been trying to text me all day to see if she could come in later at 7 PM but since my phone wasn't working I never got any of them. I was really grateful that she came in and we got to do some personal care and I started feeling so much better, that definitely is what it wants. I got to take a really nice long hot bath and I felt wonderful! I took a couple of PMs and a lorazepam and I was out.





Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and we went to the AT&T store to see if they could fix my cell phone, the guy installed the Sim card for my old phone and we were on our way. While we were in the neighborhood we decided to stop by Cost Plus World Market, they usually have everything 50% off the day after a holiday. I found some really cool stuff for Fourth of July next year, and it really have a lot of supplies for fourth of July. We cruised over to Costco to pick up some stuff and then cruised back here. My brother wanted to take my mom, Janet and I out to dinner for our birthdays… They are around the same time. He took us to a place called hind quarters, as soon as he said that they I could picture the building but I've never been there and I wasn't sure where was at. The food was amazing! I had calamari steak piccata with carrots, green beans and mashed potatoes. It was really really good! We came back here and Rosa put me to bed and strength that and then she went home, Stanley and Janet also left to go home. I have the rest of the evening to just relax and watch Mom. Not only last week but last weekend was really amazing!





Wednesday was a nice relaxing day, I was just so tired I decided to stay in bed and relax. Karen came in and got Robby and I something to eat and put on my side. I printed out my packing list for vacation and we started packing, I can't believe we are leaving for Oregon next week. I slept on and off most of the day while Karen packed and organized everything, she is so good at that. I gave Rosa the evening off and Karen fed Robby and I again before she left.

Thursday was a nice day. Karen came in and got me up and I headed downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. I have a lot and I wanted to talk to her about and I waited for about 15 minutes but she never came to get me, she is always on time. I finally asked one of the ladies that worked there and she said that she wasn't in today and she would call her, she got Carol on the phone and she said that she had left me a message the week before saying that she was going to a wedding and she wasn't coming in. I remember getting three phone calls from an unknown caller, that's how her father usually come in, but I never got the message. Robby and I cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf, over to the boardwalk and then home. My mom came down and mentioned the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new playground at the beginning of the lagoon so I cruised over there, I saw the reminder and planned on going but forgot… I'm so glad my mom reminded me. Lisa came by for a few minutes and Robby and I headed over to the playground. There wasn't a lot of people there when we got there but there was quite a few when the ceremony began. I met the mayor of Santa Cruz and a couple of other really nice people that were involved. A couple of the Parks and Recreation crew, one of them I see in my travels quite a bit. There was also a couple of police officers and park rangers. I started taking a lot of pictures and then my Google glass died. I came back home and did some research on how to factory reset my Google glass, last year when we went to Oregon Karen ended up deleting most of everything by hand and it was a real pain so hopefully she will have time to do that tomorrow. I came back home and rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I was asleep shortly after I got back into bed.








































Friday was a great day. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed for a while because it was going to be a long night. Omar came in and between the two them we got a lot of stuff done before we leave on our trip to Oregon Thursday. We changed all of the codes on the doors and put a audio/visual doorbell at the back door, the same one we put on the front door… It works great. Karen got me up and I took Robby over to the lagoon and he got sick and threw up so I brought him back home. I noticed that my wheelchair is not acting right, it's really wobbly when I tilt back, so I called Yvonne at Numotion. I'm almost certain that she will call me back until way after I come back for my vacation because that's just my experience with her. She has no sympathy or empathy for anyone, or maybe it's just me she doesn't care for? Anyway I think she is totally wrong for that job and I have talked to a couple of other people who feel the same way. I feel whoever has that Job should at least pretend that they care and she does not. Stanley got here and took a little nap before the concert, we are going to the Saratoga Mountain Winery for the Boston concert… It should be awesome! We got there and had enough time to get a taco salad, it was excellent, and we got the fruit crape and some coffee and headed to our seats. The fruit crape was lemon and had strawberries and the biggest blackberries I have ever seen in my life, unfortunately I didn't get a picture even though I had my Google Glass on, it was so delicious! We got to our seats inside to watch the warm-up band, I forgot the name but they were pretty good. The concert was great but of course went by too fast. After the concert we took the elevator up to catch a ride in the wheelchair accessible golf cart, it has been the same guy driving all three concerts, he is so sweet. This time when we got off to came over and asked me if I was recording the concert with my Google Glass and I told him no. He said his boss is afraid of somebody reporting the entire concert. I think even if I wanted to my Google Glass doesn't have enough battery, also its voice activated and the concert is much too loud to hear my voice. All I can do is wink to take pictures and that is enough for me. Every concert that I have gone to I'm always afraid that they're going to ask me to take them off and put them away but they are prescription so I wouldn't be able to see anything and that would suck. There was no traffic and we got home quickly, when we turn off of Highway 1 I got a text from Omar saying that there was somebody in my front yard and I should call the police, I gave him the access to the video/audio doorbells so he can watch the house while we are gone. It's so cool, you hear a sound like a wind chime and you can see and hear those around your house on your cell phone. I told him not to worry it was Theresa watering the plants and waiting for me to come home. Theresa put me to bed and left and I was out, and two old for these late nights anymore.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy messaged me and said she wasn't feeling good and wasn't coming in. My brother came down and took care of Robby and fixed me an awesome breakfast. I slept on and off most of the day and edited my iPhoto albums. I deleted a lot and cropped a bunch of pictures, it's hard to make myself stop once I get going… My OCD kicks in and I want to do them all right now. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and a nice relaxing hot bath. After she put me back to bed I started editing pictures again and before you know it it was 10:30 PM and my mom was here to take off my glasses and put on my snorkel. I edited a little bit more and they decided to go to sleep because my arm was numb.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and since I decided to stay in bed she shaved my legs and put me on my side. Chuck and Terri came by for a visit. Chuck is a DJ so he looked at my karaoke machine and said it was a good choice, so exciting! Arrested for the rest of the day and watch TV and then Thresa came in to get me something to eat. I watched a couple more movies and then fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

How fun that you got to see Boston in concert! They sure have good concerts up in your area! And how fun with the trip ahead to Oregon! That should be really enjoyable!

betty