Monday, June 20, 2016

More family visiting this week…

Monday was a good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. She got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise over to the Santa Cruz wharf, over to the boardwalk and then back home. While I was at the Santa Cruz wharf I got to take some pretty close-up pictures of a pelican that just landed and started walking around, I LOVE pelicans! There was a big crowd so I waited for it to die down and I got some pretty good shots. I wanted to get some action shots that I didn't want to annoy the poor thing. There was a guy standing there with the camera and he said that he had been waiting for an hour because he wanted to get a picture of the pelican flying away. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out.



























 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Lisa was going to come over and take my van to Santa Clara to get fixed so I took off for a cruise with Robby. We cruised through the lagoon will, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back and for some reason I thought I should come home to make sure Lisa got here and took my van. My appointment was for 1:30 PM and I got home about 1 PM in the van was still in the driveway so I decided I better call and cancel, there's no way that you could have gotten there on time. She ended up taking me over to staff of life to go grocery shopping and then over to sleep train to get a mattress for my new bed in the spare bedroom. We came back and I rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed. After I got in bed Janet, Melissa and Hannah showed up, Janet was dropping them off for the weekend. We visited for a while but they were very tired so I went to bed.
















 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. I went in to say good morning to the girls and they said they were going to go downtown and do some shopping so Robby and I took off to cruise around. We cruised through the lagoon and then to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back. Melissa, Hannah and I went downtown to get something to eat at Pacific Thai, I had an avocado boba tea and gluten-free pad Thai with prawns… It was pretty good for gluten-free. I started quite a lot of really good things that are gluten-free thank goodness. We walked downtown for a little bit and then came back and visited for a while. Omar called me and said that the guy that was supposed to help him go and pick up my bedroom set that I got from Santa Cruz virtual yard sale canceled and wanted me to find out if we paid the lady could we pick it up on Monday or Tuesday, unfortunately they had one of those pod storage units outside of their home and they wanted to empty it out so they didn't have to pay for it anymore. I told the lady no problem we would work something out, I didn't want to lose the bedroom set. Two other people were in line to get it if I fell through and I really wanted it. Stanley and Melissa were going to go across the street so I asked them to ask my uncle if we could borrow the sprinter but Stanley got called away to Uber and stay busy all night so they never got around to it. By the morning I was really worried so I texted my aunt and she said that we could borrow it and came back over later and said that it had a check engine light and one other light and it should be driven until it got serviced. I called Lexi to see if she could go and we can use for truck but she couldn't. Omar said not to worry about it that he would figure something out, he is so awesome! Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell right to sleep.


















 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and since everybody was going home I decided to just stay in bed and rest, and getting a couple of suspicious areas on my butt and I don't want it to turn into anything worse so I just decided to take it easy. Stanley, Melissa and Hannah headed home because they had a wedding to go to. I wanted to sleep all day but of course since I have the opportunity to I couldn't so I just watched TV and relaxed. Robby hasn't been acting like his usual self, it seems like his neck is a little sore so we'll just take it easy. Rosa came in and got me something to eat and I fell asleep fairly quickly.

Friday was a great day. The first day of the Friday night concert on the beach and it was going to be Lou Gramm, the original singer of foreigner. Karen came in and we had some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Karen got me up and Robby and I went for a really slow cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back… Everybody was already working out their territory on the sand for the concert. Omar took off to go get the furniture, the already decided that he was just going to have to make a couple of trips but after checking it out and saying how heavy it was he found another friend to helping out, they brought it home and put it in the garage… Is even more gorgeous in person! My mom is something to eat and I headed off for the concert. I was a little bit later than I wanted to be but it was only three people standing in front of me and I could see for the most part. Of course I always end up with some intoxicated person standing next to me that wants to chat. He was telling me that he was a roofer who knee was bone on bone so he couldn't work and he was waiting to have a knee transplant. His wife passed away from cancer three years ago and he was with a lady wouldn't want to move in with him and didn't want to get married… I won't go on but he was very sweet and didn't deserve everything that was happening to him. The concert was awesome and I'm glad I went, I always seem to talk myself out of the concerts at the last minute because when I get there it's really hot and then he gets really cold and I don't have anyone to put on my sweatshirt but luckily it was pretty cold before I left so I bundled up and I was comfortable. I cruised home and Theresa came in and put me to bed, I went right to sleep as soon as she put on my snorkel.


Saturday was a great day, my 55th birthday. I thought about staying in bed but I'm glad I decided not to. Robby looked like he was feeling a little bit better but he still took it slow. I was getting ready to leave as Omar showed that to take the furniture out of the bedroom and put in the new furniture, a very exciting day! Robby and I cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf and I was really surprised to see Vince an Margie at the Paradise hotdog place at the beginning of the wharf, they sold the business but came down one final weekend to say goodbye to everyone, he said they might be back from time to time. It was such a nice surprise, they are just the sweetest people! They both gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday and I talked to them for a little bit and then we cruised on to the boardwalk and then home. They had just finished putting the new furniture, new to me anyway, in the bedroom and it looks amazing! I cannot believe how lucky I am to have found this. I talked to Omar for a while and my mom came down to see. My aunt came over to look also. Theresa came in to put me to bed and I was soaked. I was having chills and a little bit of a headache all day but I thought it was because it was so warm outside. She took my chair apart and cleaned everything and tomorrow will just put it outside in the sun all day, I had planned on staying in bed anyway. And watch TV and caught up on my blog the rest of the evening, I haven't written anything all week so that goodness I have my Google glass and my calendar or else I would never remember what I did all week.





















Sunday I decided to just stay in bed, it was one of our hottest days so far and I have a feeling it's going to get way worse… I think it got up to almost 100°. Karen came in and got Robby and I something to eat and put me on my side for the day. I was hoping to sleep all day and I did nap on and off but mostly I just watched TV.  Omar came in and brought me some fresh rock cod, he went fishing and although he likes to fish he doesn't like to eat fish… It was awesome! Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it always feels so good. She cooked the fish along with some asparagus. I haven't eaten anything that delicious and fresh in a long time.


1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday Tammie! That cod looked delicious! How cute with the pelican; glad you were able to see him and enjoy the concert! We had 120 degrees here in Phoenix over the weekend, can you imagine?

betty