Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving is over, moving on to Christmas…

 Monday was a really good day. Robby and I were both excited to get out of this house and cruise around Santa Cruz. Karen sent me a message on Facebook saying that she didn't feel good and she was going to come in at 8:00 AM, the extra rest was good for her and she was ready to go when she came in she got me up and ready to go for the day. I was really leery because I thought it was going to be cold so Karen found in the warmer with heat inserts, where have these been my whole life?? I was so warm all day… It was amazing. I definitely going to be using these all winter. They last for about 6 to 8 hours. We went on our regular cruise, 6 miles and at the end of the cruise Robby and I felt great. I was laying back on the boardwalk, nobody was around, listening to the crashing of the huge waves and the Christmas music…What a great feeling! Theresa came in for Rosa and put me to bed, Rosa's uncle passed away on Saturday evening… Her uncle basically raised her and she was very close to him. It was so great to be out and about and what a beautiful day! I came home and Omar was bringing the last of the Christmas decorations and I think we're going to start decorating tomorrow, so exciting. I asked him if he could build me a storage bench alongside the pergola and he came back with some really great ideas, he always does.. He is going to build a storage bench alongside the pergola and put cement along the back and put the barbecue and the smoker there. This guy is amazing!












































Tuesday sucked. Lisa text me at like 10 minutes after 7 AM, she was supposed to be here at 7 AM, and told me that she had gotten a flu shot the day before and she didn't feel good. Unfortunately Karen had to go to her other clients house so I was stuck in bed again all day, of course it was beautiful outside. My mom came down and fed Robby and I and I just ended up watching TV all day. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was a great day. Karen came in and got meet up and Robby and I we're out of here. Omar came in and him and Karen moved the living room furniture around and put up the Christmas tree, it's looking more and more like Christmas every day. I found these things just called hot hands, there is a scarf and a hat with pockets did you open that these little packages and shake them and put them in the pocket and they stay warm for like 6 to 8 hours… they are amazing. Usually when it's this cold outside I have to hurry up and get back home and I'm usually freezing, with these hot hands I can do a lot further and longer. I want to tell everybody about them. We cruise through the Lagoon, down W. Cliff Dr. in back, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the Boardwalk and back… they were filming something at the boardwalk so we left and went back home. Rosa came in put me to bed and I watched a new series called's grandfatherd, it's pretty good. It was a great day
































 Thursday was a pretty good day, every day that I can get up and cruise around is a great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised downtown for my appointment with my psychologists. I knew it was going to rain but the forecast said it was going to start raining at noon, it started raining during my appointment so needless to say Robby and I cruised back home and we were soaked. Obviously we weren't going to go anywhere else so I watched TV until Theresa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take my nice long hot bath. No pictures today…

Friday was an okay day, I woke up feeling like I was catching a cold. Susan came in and gave me a massage, it has been a couple of weeks and I guess I didn't realize House sore and stiff I was… it felt great. I just sent to stay in bed because I wasn't feeling good and because of the massage, you're supposed to relax and drink lots of water after and it's really hard to do that out in the cold weather. I just watched TV all day. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, it's not as good as a bath but it's better than nothing. I watch TV and fell asleep.






Saturday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice long cruise. She walked down with me to get Robby's weight and the vet was closed, we got there at 12:15 PM and it closed at 12:00 PM… I'll have to wait until Monday. I dehydrated a bunch of asparagus and green beans so that will last him until Monday, I'm told that those are really good snacks so I think I will keep doing it. Karen came in to decorate the tree, it's starting to look like Christmas around here and I'm very excited! Robby and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. It was such a beautiful day and I was so comfortable in my chair I wanted to cruise around more but my caregiver was coming at 4 PM so it's time to go home… What a great day! My new favorite thing is tilting back on the boardwalk and looking at the beautiful view of the ocean and the wharf while listening to the Christmas music. I cruised home and watch TV for a little bit until Theresa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.


























Sunday I struggled with whether I should get up or not, I finally decided to stay in bed. Cindy came in and took Robby for a nice long walk so I feel better about that. I decided to order some Chinese food from the same place that we usually order it because they deliver, the website has changed supposedly making it easier to order online I went through all the procedures and while they were an hour late delivering it my mom called to find out that they never got the order… Can I have my heart set on Chinese food. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, I think doing personal care every evening is really pay off… I'm not quite as bloated as I usually am. I found this gadget online that is supposed to cut personal-care time down to 15 minutes, it usually takes me anywhere from 2 to 4 hours so this would be awesome. I watched all the videos and looked at all the reviews and email the website and they gave me two contacts that are quadriplegics and use this apparatus to talk to… I hope this is going to be a blessing.

2 comments:

betty said...

Sorry to hear about Rosa's uncle's passing; I did remember you writing about how sick he was, Tammie. It is always hard too to lose a loved one around the holidays. I loved the tree by Robbie; he is not sure what to make of it :) Gorgeous pictures of sunsets you shared and that was one funny looking car! Glad the Christmas decorations are going up; it is always festive when the house is decorated for it!

betty

chippertue said...

Next to Halloween Christmas is my favorite…