Monday, February 9, 2015

A very busy and very exciting week…

Monday was kind of a stressful day. I got a notice for jury duty last week or the week before but it got lost in all of my mail so I just found it last Friday, it said I needed to call in this morning. Dr. Owens wrote me a permanent excuse so I didn't have to go to jury duty but I got the notice anyway so I went up to her office and have them print out my last doctor's note. It sent to call in at 11 AM so I did and it kept sending me in circles, I finally got through and then the recording said to call back at 2 PM. I decided the best thing would be to go down there and talk to them in person so I did, that place is such a maze but I finally found the person I needed to talk to. She excused me and then said I need to get another permanent excuse from my doctor, I was so relieved to get that settled. Last week I also got a letter from long-term disability that said I owe them $70,000 and they wanted it by February 5, 2015, are they crazy?? The letter said that they didn't know I was getting Social Security… I just don't know what to do. I have family visiting from Wyoming so Phil was helping me out, and goodness he is so smart and knowledgeable.  Daniel from Numotion came by to check out my chair, it has been stopping suddenly and I'm back down to only getting 5 miles a day. He said it was the batteries, I think this is my fifth set of batteries and it's just not right… This is no quality of life so hopefully this time is the new batteries don't work we can just call it a lemon and get me a new one.













Tuesday was such a great day. I was going to go get my fasting blood drawn but I wanted to spend the last day my cousins were here with them… Plus I don't trust my chair at this point. Daniel is supposed to bring me some new boundaries on Friday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Phil, Kathleen and I took the dogs over to Neary Lagoon for a cruise. Unfortunately they are rebuilding the water part of the boardwalk over the lagoon so we didn't get to go all the way through. We came back and rest for a bit and then Phil, Kathleen, my mom, the two dogs and I went to get some lunch and cruise the wharf. We decide to go to Ristorante Italiano but they were kind of ignoring us so we decided to go eat at the ideal restaurant, at the beginning of the wharf. Everybody enjoyed what they had and the weather was so gorgeous, it turned out to be a really good second choice. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and watch the sea lions for a while and then cruised back and got in the van and took Westcliff Drive all the way down to natural Bridges Beach, it couldn't have been a more perfect day. We came back and everyone took a little nap while Rosa put me to bed and gave me the rest of my dinner and then we played cribbage. Phil and Kathleen were partners and my mom and I were partners, they won the first two games and we skunked them the last two games so I think we came out about even. Kathleen introduced me to some all-natural essential oils, I have been looking for some for quite a while and I'm really excited to get started. 

























Wednesday was just another day. Phil and Kathleen got up and headed out, they have a couple more people to visit before they head home. It was really sad to see them go but so glad to have them visiting for a couple of days… It always goes by so fast. I have had a slight headache for couple of days and woke up with a stomach ache so after company left and I ate we did some personal care and I felt a lot better, I'm hoping to take a nice long hot bath tonight. I ended up staying in bed and on my side just to make sure everything is okay. I got an appointment for next Wednesday with a disability lawyer to try to solve my long-term disability problem, I was so nervous calling to make the appointment but I feel so much better now. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and set me back up for the evening. I want to take a bath but there was a misunderstanding, I thought she was in a hurry to go home because her house almost got broken into last night. That's scary!

Thursday was a pretty good day. I got up and cruised downtown for my weekly appointment with my psychologist, I don't know if it's really helping that somebody is actually listening to me or just because they felt comfortable getting everything out. After my appointment I wanted to cruise with Robby for a little bit because he is so wound up. We cruised down to the boardwalk and then of course over to see the progress on the ramp going across the train bridge to E. Cliff Dr., I can't wait until it's done… I'm so excited. My chair stopped about eight times again, this time I was so frustrated I forgot to count exactly, twice right in the middle of a busy street. I got home and I have a message from Andrei asking for the serial number on my chair because he met a new rep from Permobile who is finally going to look at my chair history, I'm so beyond excited about this. I can't believe that Numobility's solution is to bring me a fifth set of batteries, it hasn't worked before why do they think it's going to work this time?? Luckily I just had Daniel just come out and look at it on Monday so I have the serial number on the paperwork. I didn't dare go anywhere else so I sat in my chair and watch TV until Rosa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.



























Friday was a very boring and long day. Daniel from Numotion was bringing me new batteries to try in my chair, I can't remember if this is my fourth or fifth new set of batteries but I'm not as excited about it as I should be. The Permobil rep than Andrei was talking to me about contact me this morning and said that she was gathering all of the files on my chair and she was going to sort them out and see if she could find out what the problem is, I finally feel like I'm being heard. She told me that even after they are charged it takes a couple of weeks for them to perform as they are supposed to form, I waited this long what's a couple more weeks?? Karen cleaned out one of the cupboards, the most disorganized one and I asked her if she would like to organize the rest of the house and the garage, I would rather have somebody I know do it and somebody who knows a lot about this house, where we keep things and where we would like to keep things. I told her to think about it over the weekend and let me know on Monday, two separate full schedule right now so I don't want her to get too overwhelmed. Daniel brought the batteries in my chair is charging now so we'll see how it goes. The wind is blowing extremely hard and it was pouring down rain right now and has been for most of the day so I'm glad I didn't get up, we really need it so it's great to see. I hope it's nice tomorrow but I think it's supposed to rain again, we will see if I dare get up tomorrow. The last time Karen took Robby out to go potty she came in and asked if I knew there was a huge dent on the driver side in the front of my van, no I did not. She showed me a picture that she took and I couldn't believe it, I had just gotten my car fixed twice and then somebody hit me from behind and now this… I give up!
Saturday it was supposed to rain all day and I wanted to make sure my new batteries in my chair were fully charged so I decided to stay in bed. It turned out to be a pretty good day when I felt like we got a lot done. This is hardly took apart my chair, everything that could come off and get washed she took it off and washed it… I'm so excited! If you like it's going to be a really good week next week. So far this year has not really been the greatest I am feeling a little more empowered and getting to where I'm not really afraid to say what I want to anyone, that's exciting! In the past I tended to say what I thought I should say in order to not hurt anybody's feelings but always ended up frustrated and felt like I didn't get to say what I really wanted to say, I need to change all that and say what I want to say and people can take it however they want… I'm not responsible for the way people take what I say.  All I ever feel is just "unheard"…I just need to learn that if I don't stick up for myself NOBODY else will. Teresa came in and fed Robby and I and I just rested and trying to relax the rest of the evening.

Sunday was another day spent in bed. One of my favorite things to do is open all the windows and listen to the rain come down, and boy did it come down. Lisa came in and put me on my side for a while and then it was back to the computer. I watch TV the rest of the day, in between looking stuff up on the Internet… Nothing important but I just can't concentrate on just one thing no matter how hard I try. Teresa cooked some food while we were doing some personal care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one high tech chair. I wonder if there is a daily recommended mileage for it. You seem to be on the go.

betty said...

I did hear that Northern California was getting a lot of rain; I know you are more in the central part, but glad to hear your area got some too, Tammie! I hope you get the issues worked out with the long term disability. Wise idea to contact a lawyer since they know what they are doing and can navigate through this dilemma for you. Glad you had a great visit with your family too!

betty